Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We Need Nintendo Back in Our Living Rooms

When ?

2014 84 44.21%

2015 11 5.79%

2016 11 5.79%

2017 34 17.89%

Never 50 26.32%

Total:190

Nintendo is done with Home Console market in competing with PS and Xbox, by focusing more on Handheld where there no big competition except Vita which is following different path than 3DS, But, Home consoles have single path for everybody to follow which is making great AAA games and pump more every month otherwise you might be lost.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

I just saw a commercial asking "Why do we play 3DS" and I thought it was awesome. Hope it translates to the Wii. Nintendo's marketing is in full swing, now.

Off topic, I guess. I didn't want to make a thread.

Here ya go.  Great commercial.  Hope they do something similar for Wii U.  A montage (maybe even more mature) would be swell.

Xenostar said:
I still love Nintendo software but i have got to a point where i really dont care at all for there hardware, i now feel its just a barrier to me playing there games rather than part of the experience, i would honeslty be over the moon if they went third party.

Please dont kill me

-3rd party support is out of the question, only Ubi seems to be porting their games... And more power will not change anything (look at GCN and N64)
-There is not as many hardcore Nintendo fans as PS hardcore fans, look at GCN and N64 again...
-More power means more resources and more time to develop games are needed = less potential to release a wide array of games (do you rather have F-Zero and Starfox, or just one of them but with slightly better graphic?)
-Better graphic in games doesn't mean more sales, it might help but in the end it probably won't balance out the cost of development. (KZ developers stating 4x the cost for PS4 development...)
-Nintendo has just started HD development, they need more time to master it, Wii U is the perfect platform to experiment that.
-Making a new console so soon will make fans lose confidence in the brand. This is not Apple we're talking about.
-The cheapest and weakest consoles tend to sale the best (Wii, PS1, PS2 etc)
-More power means more problems with Hardware (RROD, YLOD, PS4, XB1...) Wii U might be less powerful but it doesn't have hardware problems. Same for Wii. GCN was just a beast on its own...
-Exclusives dictate everything else.
-Nintendo doesn't care if the hardware doesn't sell, their games sells enough to turn a profit.
-Nintendo has other plans in the work. We don't know yet, but by merging their Handheld and Console departments, something big will come in the next 5 years.
-The time used to think about new gameplay ideas and new features for games will be cut down if they have to focus more on graphics to please a minority, and/or have to delay a game even more... (looking at you Pikmin)

3DS domination exists because of the games it has not because it's under-powered. Most people don't even care about the 3D gimmick.
People that care about power purchased a Vita, looks like power isn't what people want eh? Nintendo knows that.

If people don't care about the Wii U gamepad, but it has the games, like the 3DS, it will sell well.
Wii U hasn't sold well during its first year because of the lack of key franchises, a 2D mario on a console is not like a 3D Mario on a console. Pikmin is not well known, and thats it.

Around the Network

They could aim for 2015 to test a "third pillar" hybrid console. 2016 is the earliest for a successor console, but probably also the latest given how the Wii U is doing. Either way they are in the horrible position of releasing mid-gen, when both the PS4 & XB1 will be cheaper with big libraries.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

_crazy_man_ said:
areason said:
Give 3ds big screen playability

I don't think anyone wants to see 240p on their +40 inch HD TV's.

I know I don't (as much as the amazing idea of seeing Pokemon on TV is again).

I don't know about you but i miss playing ds games on my 17 screen inch monitor. 

I think their best bet is probably just to throw everything at the Wii U for the next year or so, and drop the price as aggressively as possible. If sales after Christmas still aren't that great (relative to where they should be), then I would consider the "nuclear" option of a $199.99 SKU minus the tablet screen or perhaps a cheaper controller with a smaller screen.

I do think a Wii U + "PC in a box" hybrid could be interesting from Nintendo though, if they basically said to third parties "OK, you don't want to make games for us, we get it, we're making a version of the Wii U with a higher end PC GPU that basically can run most PC games. To get your PC games on our machine you just have to pay us a licensing fee and ensure controller/quality support" ... that could work as a higher-specced alternative to the Wii U.

But I don't think it'll happen, I suspect if the Wii U is a "failure" (ala the GameCube) in Nintendo's eyes they will move away from the traditional console business entirely and focus on a handheld device which can also double as a device that streams video games to your television while at home.

Pillow said:
-3rd party support is out of the question, only Ubi seems to be porting their games... And more power will not change anything (look at GCN and N64)
-There is not as many hardcore Nintendo fans as PS hardcore fans, look at GCN and N64 again...
-More power means more resources and more time to develop games are needed = less potential to release a wide array of games (do you rather have F-Zero and Starfox, or just one of them but with slightly better graphic?)
-Better graphic in games doesn't mean more sales, it might help but in the end it probably won't balance out the cost of development. (KZ developers stating 4x the cost for PS4 development...)
-Nintendo has just started HD development, they need more time to master it, Wii U is the perfect platform to experiment that.
-Making a new console so soon will make fans lose confidence in the brand. This is not Apple we're talking about.
-More power means more problems with Hardware (RROD, YLOD, PS4, XB1...) Wii U might be less powerful but it doesn't have hardware problems. Same for Wii. GCN was just a beast on its own...
-Nintendo doesn't care if the hardware doesn't sell, their games sells enough to turn a profit.
-Nintendo has other plans in the work. We don't know yet, but by merging their Handheld and Console departments, something big will come in the next 5 years.
-The time used to think about new gameplay ideas and new features for games will be cut down if they have to focus more on graphics to please a minority, and/or have to delay a game even more... (looking at you Pikmin)

3DS domination exists because of the games it has not because it's under-powered. Most people don't even care about the 3D gimmick.
People that care about power purchased a Vita, looks like power isn't what people want eh? Nintendo knows that.

If people don't care about the Wii U gamepad, but it has the games, like the 3DS, it will sell well.
Wii U hasn't sold well during its first year because of the lack of key franchises, a 2D mario on a console is not like a 3D Mario on a console. Pikmin is not well known, and thats it.

Lol. Wooooow dude. So much living under a rock in this post.

STRYKIE said:
Pillow said:

Lol. Wooooow dude. So much living under a rock in this post.

Care to explain your disagreement?