2016 11 5.79%

2017 34 17.89%

Never 50 26.32%

Total:190
kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:
Mr Khan said:
Replacing Wii U early would be the end of Nintendo in the home console market. Nobody really remembers what killed Sega, do they?

apt as always.

i'm not sure what nintendo ought to do in the home console biz.  i don't think nintendo can recreat the sucess that was the wii and their home consoles will continue to be a financial burden.  i also don't think nintendo can do well as a third party studio(s) for MSony because they rely heavily on reinventing their franchises on new hardware.    ...maybe sony/ms would consider a partnership that allowed nintendo intimate access to their hardware to allow nintendo to create well integrated gaming periphrial that they could sell/make games for.   politically,.. probably not.

but cutting the wiiiU off early can really only hurt nintendo. 

Soundwave and I have been on the same wavelength about what the ideal solution is: Google partnership, hybrid console-handheld that can work like Chrome TV, being a console when you want it to be and handheld when you need it to be. Mobile graphics tech is accelerating such that they could easily match or slightly best PS4 when it's time to retire 3DS and Wii U in 2017 or so. Google  partnership allows them to get an OS that the everyman knows, and Google won't care about hardware so Nintendo gets the hardware control they've always demanded, thus it can be a full-scale android device without undermining Nintendo's creative control, allows them to retreat from the console space without actually surrendering anything, and keeps them running as a handheld, and Nintendo's software teams will no longer have to be divided, since it's all for one purpose.

umm..

ps4 level tech shunk down to the size appropriate for a handheld will, even in 2017, be quite expensive.   doable i'm sure but still in the $300+ range which is quite a lot for a handheld.  the vita at $250 was sold at a loss at launch and still didn't quite match the ps3 specs.  so either nintendo will have to have the most compelling game ever created OR support other stuff:  phone calls, google's app store, GPS, MP3, camera, and all the other that is standard and will be standard in a smartphone device by 2017. 

if they support all that other stuff then it could be a really cool device.  ..but nintendo doesn't seem too willing to split their focus on all that extra stuff.  i think that would be quite a shift in their thinking that i'm just not so sure nintendo has the kind of leadership willing to make that kind of an adjustment.

a cool idea that i would be willing to take a sizable bet doesn't happen.

The point of the google partnership is that Nintendo doesn't have to bother with the other stuff, it comes as part of the bog-standard Android OS package, built by Google. Nintendo would only have to worry about the manufacturing side, and they already do cameras and MP3. That's why i mean a hybrid: it's just as "real" a tablet as any other droid-powered tablet, just with Nintendo-made guts, buttons and such for gaming, and able to run Nintendo games as a handheld or as a console.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Does it never occur to anyone that Nintendo's idea of "appealing to everyone" is where they went wrong? The Wii definitely didn't try to appeal to everyone, and look what it became. A sales juggernaut that got killed off way too early.

Nintendo doesn't need to necessarily "broaden" their horizons. They just need to be smart with what they've got.

Give 3ds big screen playability

NintendoPie said:
Does it never occur to anyone that Nintendo's idea of "appealing to everyone" is where they went wrong? The Wii definitely didn't try to appeal to everyone, and look what it became. A sales juggernaut that got killed off way too early.

Nintendo doesn't need to necessarily "broaden" their horizons. They just need to be smart with what they've got.

Thank you! That's what I've been saying all along!

johnlucas said:

Nintendo is in your living room right now.
They don't need a new console. They already have one.

It's called the Wii U & it will rule the living room for gaming in the 8th generation.

See the following for more details.
UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

John Lucas

King of VGChartz

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Replacing Wii U early would be the end of Nintendo in the home console market. Nobody really remembers what killed Sega, do they?

Sega did it like 4-5 times concurrently... and Japan were really the only crowd that gave a damn about Sega distancing support for the Saturn.

The Wii U doesn't have any of those affiliations. It can be done.

Mr Khan said:

This, which is why I voted never. They never left, just cause people dont like the WIi U (Ninty fans or otherwise) cause its not stomping the competition or has the games they want doesnt mean Ninty scraps it and starts all over again, thats madness.

I still love Nintendo software but i have got to a point where i really dont care at all for there hardware, i now feel its just a barrier to me playing there games rather than part of the experience, i would honeslty be over the moon if they went third party.

Please dont kill me

if you really want Nintendo to be around then support the console and the games. From what I saw of the latest call of Duty, it looks better than 360 and PS3 and not that far off from X1 and PS4.

areason said:
Give 3ds big screen playability

I don't think anyone wants to see 240p on their +40 inch HD TV's.

I know I don't (as much as the amazing idea of seeing Pokemon on TV is again).

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)