Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We Need Nintendo Back in Our Living Rooms

When ?

2014 84 44.21%

2015 11 5.79%

2016 11 5.79%

2017 34 17.89%

Never 50 26.32%

Total:190

Quick SWOT analysis of big N - it is obvious from it that N needs to launch a new console early to mid-gen THIS gen - we should start a plea for Nintendo to play the disruptive card big time. The real question is when ? Please give an answer each from a strategical point of view. Not when you want it but when it should be.

Strenghts :

Strong Main Brand

Strongest Game Brands

Dat gameplay

Financially sound as phuck

Most varied audience

Weaknesses :

Has disregarded graphics for two gens - loss of competence / next-gen "culture" software-wise

Has disregarded graphics for two gens - loss of competence / next-gen "culture" hardware-wise

Has disregarded Internet-enabled features for two gens (dat account system por favor)

Lack of 3rd Party Support

Opportunities :

Wii U needs to be replaced within two years

Retro-compatibility & retro-gaming (most beloved catalog)

Threats :

Sony and MS are eating the home console market

A long absence is only making things worse

3rd parties don't really require a third console

Around the Network

Nope, I think Nintendo should get out of hardware and Just make Software.
Not saying your wrong just that I think Nintendo should get out of the hardware biz.

Wat now

crash coming back to ps soon so fk mario and there 100's of games made after him..

i love the n64 and snes but damn all the wii games were boring.... so im not taking a risk on the wii u

my xbox one ate my cat....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKQhlGLbvpI

Nintendo blames the failure of GameCube and N64 on competing with graphics but actually N64 is failed due to this media storage type. The PlayStation two was able to capitalize on the PlayStation's one success. GameCube made Nintendo look even worse with the kiddy image. Pretty sure GameCube would've sold better had they tried not make the console look like a preschoolers lunch box.  Sometimes image will help

marioboy2004 said:

Nintendo blames the failure of GameCube and N64 on competing with graphics but actually N64 is failed due to this media storage type. The PlayStation two was able to capitalize on the PlayStation's one success. GameCube made Nintendo look even worse with the kiddy image. Pretty sure GameCube would've sold better had they tried not make the console look like a preschoolers lunch box.  Sometimes image will help

Exactly, it needs a new N64, with a standard storage, hardcore oriented, and keep the innovation to the software.

Around the Network
fighter said:
marioboy2004 said:

Exactly, it needs a new N64, with a standard storage, hardcore oriented, and keep the innovation to the software.

there wii u controller looks like a leep pad one of those things you use as a kid to learn to read if they stick with this motion crap there not going to do very well... brought to you by wii u sales..

xbox and ps4 both have intergraded movment sensor bars along with an actual gaming concept. were wii u has 1

Third party support is what it really should try to get. History repeats itself. Aside from abberations from the norm (wii) every console has won its generation with compelling software from compelling third party support. Just look at N64 vs PS1. I'm not saying nintendo games suck, they are actually the best in the biz. I'm saying variety of high quality is what gets more variety of people interested. 

A nintendo console with competitive graphics and the best third party backing would prob make Sony and Microsoft pee their pants

If 3ds lost all third party support to vita than May have witnessed N64 vs ps but thankfully history didn't repeat itself.  Monster hunter 4 is evidence of this

Muffin31190 said:

Nope, I think Nintendo should get out of hardware and Just make Software.
Not saying your wrong just that I think Nintendo should get out of the hardware biz.

Wat now

It's something that been discussed before, alot of people love Nintendo games but not their hardware. They wont leave the hardware business though, why would they lol

When did they left?

A nintendo console with the best third party support would mirror the 3ds in dominance and sales.