By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

Its called logistics. All the consoles we are seeing now were produced months ago. The consoles being made now are for Japan launch and post holidays replenishment. When see gap after cmas of 4 to 6 weeks it because they expedited distrobution to get all of the consoles to market. The Wii did this in Holiday 06, 07, 08.Itwas not til 09 they had enough stockpile to not do this. This notion they are instantly relalocating is ignorant. They knew where they were allocating systems since they stopped preorders afew months back. I do logistics for a living so Iknow how these processes work

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Congrats to them for this huge achievement. Now give me PS Europe numbers.

so Sony says PS4 sold more than 1m in 24hr and M$ says XB1 sold 1m under 24hr 

so guess which really sold better...

thismeintiel said:
jlmurph2 said:

Woah, and to think people said they wouldn't sell that in a week.

People were talking about NA, not WW. 

@ OP

Nice numbers, but there is no doubt that the PS4 is going to at least double these numbers when it launches in the remaining 10 countries that MS has launched in.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164905 nope, people were voting for the full 1st week, not just NA

manny10032 said:

Really, then explain to me why there is still Xbox one's avalaible? 

Where are all these Xbox Ones people speak of? My friend hasn't been able to find one yet.

Around the Network
manny10032 said:

Perhaps right next to these?

walsufnir said:
manny10032 said:

You do know those are empty promotional boxes, right? Right?

Right?

walsufnir said:
manny10032 said:

Seriously dude? You're posting a picture that was shot before the PS4 even launched. This was originally posted back in October. Nice try. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

babuks said:
Congrats to them for this huge achievement. Now give me PS Europe numbers.

TheFallen said:
"In this circumstance, comparing our US number vs. their US number would be like comparing our UK number to their UK number. They don't have any in the UK yet, so it's not a fair comparison."

LOL, how is it? Both have launched in NA, Apples to Apples. In actual fact Albert makes the One numbers look worse by reminding us that PS4 HAS NOT launched in the U.K . yet.

It's actually very simple. MS decided to launch in multiple countries instead of keeping most of their stock for North America. Meaning, launch numbers are held back by supply. Simply put; they are saying the reason they sold less in NA at launch was because they had less stock.