By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

walsufnir said:
Fusioncode said:

Seriously dude? You're posting a picture that was shot before the PS4 even launched. This was originally posted back in October. Nice try. 

Why nice try? I thought his post wasn't meant serious so I replied appropriately Some of you should get more fun and humour , that's what our hobby is about.

Right?

Right?

Right?

I also thought his post wasn't meant to be serious, but yours just appeared misinformed. Also,

Around the Network

Wow that's great! Although the PS4 was more impressive since it sold that much in one region.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Τhe company deserves congratulations. They have managed to overcome all the negativity created by the DRM policies, X1's presentation, E3 presentation and specs comparison. Not only that, they have also managed to make people doubt PS4's present lead, made after a monstrous launch.

What we shall all derive from this, is that console industry is really strong. Both launches send a clear, strong message in the market: "Consoles are far from dead. On the contrary, people can't have enough of them".

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

very nice. sony and ms are neck to neck.

This gen is going to be very interesting. I hope this produces some serious software achievements.

Now we just need a "Xbox One has sold more in 24 hours than the Wii U this entire year" thread.

Around the Network

Great news for the industry !

War has changed...

Football streaming

Comment Faire

Fifaguy360 said:
very nice. sony and ms are neck to neck.

This gen is going to be very interesting. I hope this produces some serious software achievements.

Neck to neck LOL

Sony sold over 1 Million PS4 Consoles in 24 Hours in NA  and that was its WEAKEST Market.
Microsoft sold 1 Million Xbox One Consoles in 24 Hours in 13 COUNTRIES including NA+UK their STRONGEST Markets.

Sony is still missing its 2 strongest markets - Europe and of course Japan.
Expect a big gap pretty soon.

The only achievement Microsoft unlocked was that there are really 1 Million people buying a technical inferior console with a lot of "not really NextGen Games"(Native1080p is a standard must have) for that price.They surely have their core community that will always stand behind them.
And its impressive the world still needs two pretty similar consoles for those prices.Console gaming is dead LOL

kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

You know, there are quite a lot of people who have been following the industry rumblings conccerning "what goes on in the tof technology". That is a field that has seen drastic changes in the past decade. In the eighties, our research group had funds left so we contemplated either buying a tof camera - around $30k - or an excimer/dye laser combo ($25k, which we eventually acquired). Until a few years ago, a 320*240 tof camera was over $10k. When Kinect1 was announced, an israely company 3DV announced a $100 tof camera (probably a pure bluff), and MS bought the company wholesale (and several other 3D-companies as well). Currently, you still pay around $400 for a 320"200 tof camera (wholesale). MS now ships the Kinect2 at 500*400.

Ther are quite a lot of scientists who'd love to have such a hires tof camera, and these people have been closely watching old and new manufacturers for years for something affordable. Believe me, it is well known in those circles that MS had A LOT OF yield issues with their  gigantic tof camera. While the costs for that tof camera SoC is very significantly cheaper than anything on the market, it is a very complex chip with basically zero redundancy built in (by principle), unlike the APU chip. So right out of the gate, yields of the Kinect2 SoC chip will ALWAYS be (probably considerably) lower than the APU chip.

CBOAT seems to be the arch enemy of all XBox fans.. weird. He was completely right at that time, of course, as far as yield issues were concerned. What he didn't know is the detail that the issue was the tof SoC, not the processor SoC - which may or may not have yield issues as well. All new chips have inital yield issues, and the XBox apu is a much more complex chip than the PS4 chip.

Penello said

In this circumstance, comparing our US number vs. their US number would be like comparing our UK number to their UK number. They don't have any in the UK yet, so it's not a fair comparison.

What kind of idiotic logic is that?

kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

So why MS is so behind in terms of supply compared to Sony? Yield issues.