By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

I would congratulate Microsoft, but apparently I was supposed to do that a week ago.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

So why MS is so behind in terms of supply compared to Sony? Yield issues.

Where is your proof that they are behind in terms of supply? And when you show me that proof, where is your proof that it is due to yield issues?

Carl2291 said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

Where is your proof that they are behind in terms of supply? And when you show me that proof, where is your proof that it is due to yield issues?

There is no proof that source of the supply constraint is yield issue but its pretty obvious from just about every 'insider' source we've seen for a while now that XB1's supply chain is less than the PS4. Many store managers and even regional managers have pretty much said the same thing. There are simply more stock allocation for PS4 than XB1.

With that being said, ethomaz still needs to eat crow, the silly man though MS would allocate only 400,000 unit to NA at launch date due to supply constraint, which sounds pretty incredible when he said it and sillier still in hindsight.

ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

What if they start producing later, is that still called yield? stop throwning shit around

my estimate was the 1.6 million manufactured units ( i need to have a look at that was a interesting post end august i think)

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

brendude13 said:
I would congratulate Microsoft, but apparently I was supposed to do that a week ago.

You sir are the defintion of classless if you did not congratulate them last week

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
Yield issues my arse!!

What if they start producing later, is that still called yield?

No, that is called starting production later (than the competitor).

Low yields doesn't mean "we don't have enough" per se, it means we must run more wafers than the competitor to get the same numbers. This can result in fewer numbers if the factory runs at 100% and simply can't output enough good chips. Should that happen, you just add another factory. MS has the same numbers of chips ready as Sony, they just pay more for them.

SupBambiKing said:

Neck to neck LOL

Sony sold over 1 Million PS4 Consoles in 24 Hours in NA  and that was its WEAKEST Market.
Microsoft sold 1 Million Xbox One Consoles in 24 Hours in 13 COUNTRIES including NA+UK their STRONGEST Markets.

Sony is still missing its 2 strongest markets - Europe and of course Japan.
Expect a big gap pretty soon.

The only achievement Microsoft unlocked was that there are really 1 Million people buying a technical inferior console with a lot of "not really NextGen Games"(Native1080p is a standard must have) for that price.They surely have their core community that will always stand behind them.
And its impressive the world still needs two pretty similar consoles for those prices.Console gaming is dead LOL

He probably knows it but let him enjoy the neck to neck thing for a week at least before PS4's outside NA launch.

Let wait until December but I have a feeling ps4 will push the gap further starting from November 29 and it won't hold back at least this holiday season.

Carl2291 said:

PS4 have over 2 million units ready in three weeks from launch (even more but we still needs the data from WW)... MS won't have close 2 million units at the third week.

Sony have almost double of units than MS have... even when I guess MS have more factories working with Xbone than Sony with PS4... that's means the production for Sony is more efficient than for MS... that is what people says "yield issues"...

Example...

+ PS4's wafer have 80% efficience... so 80% of the chips produced can be used to PS4.
+ Xbone's wafer have 50% efficience... so 50% of the chips produced can be used to Xbone.

In this scenario... due yelds issues... MS needs to produce almost double of wafers than Sony to ship the same amount of consoles... and for real Sony is shipping close to twice the numbers of consoles than MS.

colafitte said:
pezus said:
Azerth said:
i think what he means is that since sony only launched in NA last week they were able to put more units towards that and not have to really worry about making sure there other places have consoles yet since they dont launch there for another week. MS did a world wide launch so they had to make sure every place had enough.

so yes ps4 most likely outsold them in us and probably will WW but since there launch strategies were diff it makes it a little hard to compare

Like I said earlier, two weeks are not enough to make all the Europe stock...

Most of the PS4s have probably already been shipped to Europe. 

"probably" WW? It's dead certain.

What Penello is trying to say is that both Sony and Microsoft had 1 million units availale to sell at launch, but while Sony decided to sell all their units in NA, they decided to sell though 13 countries, becoming in some way, a tie with Sony. That's false, Sony must have a lot more units available than Microsoft. What Sony is doing, is to produce the maximum number of units for Europe to have the best possible Europe launch ever, so, they delayed the launch in Europe for that objective. I'm sure that if Sony decided to make a WW launch on 15 November, the total units of ps4 sold would be around 2 million minimum.

i get what you and peuz are saying but i wouldn't waste the breath this week. 

..next week ps4 and xbone will be out for equivilant time periods (ps4:3W NA + 1W EMAA   xbone: 2W NA and 2W EMAA).  black friday will have come.  "WW" launch will have come.   the difference in stock levels will be inarguable after next week.