Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - EA Access XBO “Surpassing All Expectations;Nothing to Talk About” for PS4 Version - Xbox One Outselling PS4 on Amazon during Sunset Overdrive Launch Day - Sunset Overdrive 82
EA Access on Xbox One “Surpassing All Expectations;” “Nothing to Talk About” for PS4 Version
During its financial conference call for investors on the second fiscal quarter of 2015, Electronic Arts just announced that the EA access on Xbox One is being considered a success by the company.
We’re seeing both empyrical and anecdotal data that people that are now members of EA access, have access to games like FIFA and Madden, which says that ordinarily they wouldn’t have gone out and bought them, are now experiencing them and enjoying them and I believe that the next time around when the games will launch they will actually buy them.
It’s turning into an incredible sampling program for us, if you will. Obviously the value for many users is there.
As regards to the Sony question nothing to talk about right now on that, but I will say that EA Access is surpassing all of our internal expectations in regards to subscriber numbers.
Will the success of the program push Sony to reconsider it and maybe other publishers to implement similar services? Only time will tell, but for now it definitely seems that EA Access is working well for Electronic Arts itself.
Xbox One and PS4 selling upwards of 50k Units combined a week
From MCV's latest issue
In the article called "Xbox One vs PS4 price war erupts on the high street" 1) Xbox One's performance has steadily improved since the cut to £330, with most consoles including free games such as FIFA 15 and Forza Horizon 2 2) PS4 still stays ahead, stretching its lead over One 3) Xbox One and PS4 are selling upwards of 50,000 units combined a week in the UK at the moment
Xbox 360 is at almost 9 millions units sold, second only to PS2 sales-wise, in the home console space
Well known Industry Insider "Kampfheld" from NeoGaf has stated that a brand new Banjo-Kazooie game reveal at E3 2015. In a thread on NeoGaf about "Xbox One Download Games News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions", Kampfheld used "Morse Code" to leak the details, which was later on decoded by another Neogaf user N7Commander95.
You can check out snapshot of the NeoGaf post below. For those who are question mark on credibility of Kampfheld: He/She is the same guys who has been providing correct information on cloud use in future games.
Although E3 2015 is still too far away, but a small teaser that too of Banjo-Kazooie game for Xbox One is definitely worth getting hyped for. Tell us how many of you want to see a brand new Banjo-Kazooie game for Xbox One from RARE?
A brief history about Banjo-Kazooie: Banjo-Kazooie is a platform video game developed and published by Rare for the Nintendo 64 video game console. It was later re-released as an Xbox Live Arcade game for the Xbox 360. The game's story focused on Banjo and Kazooie's efforts to stop Gruntilda's plans to switch her beauty with Banjo's sister Tooty.
Kampfheld has shared another teaser message via Mose Code and here is what the translation of it reads:
Okay guys. I hope you had some fun with me in the last couple of months. I will be gone for a long time now. I just wanted to make sure to leave a small surprise for you. If possible, keep it quiet in here. In the past weeks I got an offer I could not decline. For me, a dream becomes reality. You will have a great time with your Xbox in the coming months and years. In future, I will make sure you guys will be able to hunt these orbs with a big bang. Bye for now.
- Hasn't saw the new Rare game yet, they will show him in November, he likes letting studios work on ideas for a while before managment people come in and start getting involved
- Not doing anything with Mech Assault right now, would be cool to take advantage of the Ip are some point, could be rebooted and do really well and across more than one genre but it's just an idea, nothing officially being worked on
- Rare is really important to MS (Says it again) and he gave them a push last time he saw them to spread out (sounds like new things)
- Games, gamers want to see - Halo Wars 2, Alan Wake 2, Mech Assault, Conker 3, Blinx, Fusion Frenzy, Banjo, Kameo 2, High Heat Baseball, Otogi, KOTOR and Shenmue 3, Phil says some of them games on that list they are doing some work on! Invested on doing franchises they own though and talks about KOTOR (Star Wars) being owned by Disney
- Says it's tough with the sports games because of licensing only on a single platform, if Baseball game was made it wouldn't be made by a 1st party studio, he wants there to be a great baseball game on their platform =P (Doesn't mean he is doing one...could just be wanting 3rd party to do it..)
- In active discussion with Japanese studios for games
- Talks about Mistwalker and says they are big investments (Them games) (Nothing else really....except wanting to work with Japanese studios)
- Going to be pushing 1st party content a lot
- Commited to getting back to supporting Xbox as much as they ever have and PC
About this time last year, we had a million reasons to smile.
Now, we have two million reasons. That is, two million copies of the original State of Decay have been sold, between Steam and XBLA. We’re not even talking about DLC, here.
There just aren’t the right words to tell you how much this means to us. No marketing, no advertising, just you playing and streaming and spreading the word. You made this happen, and if we could individually thank each person who hit that download button, we would. Your enthusiasm and support have been everything. Thank you.
When we hit five hundred thousand copies sold (which was pretty remarkable for a zombie apocalypse simulator with a persistent world and permadeath), we celebrated by starting work on Breakdown. When we hit a million, we gave away some freebies.