By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox has sold 1 million World wide in 24hours.(updated twice, Albert on Gaf.)

manny10032 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Lmao, am I the only one who finds it funny that some people actually thought it was going to take 4 or 5 weeks for the Xbox One to sell a million consoles? Ha it did it in one day.

1 MILL WW was a giving. 1 MILL in NA was not

Yeah I'm sure in North America alone it could still get 1 million easily in 1 day maybe 2 tops. The fact remains that people thought it would take 4 or 5 weeks to do 1 million wether that was WW or N. America.

Around the Network

Really, then explain to me why there is still Xbox one's avalaible? 

pezus said:
thismeintiel said:
pezus said:

Yeah, but nothing this week?

The Xbox just launched, so next week would be its first real week.  Or were you specifically talking only about Fri and Sat sales?

I mean, if PS4 sells close to nothing this week (X1 launch), X1 might overtake its sales WW until PS4 launches in EU the week after. However, if PS4 can sell even a little bit (1-200k), I suspect that won't happen

Oh, ok.  Gotcha.

If people doubted that the Xbox wasn't going to hit 1 MILL WW, then they need to change their process of thinking.

tuscaniman99 said:
manny10032 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Lmao, am I the only one who finds it funny that some people actually thought it was going to take 4 or 5 weeks for the Xbox One to sell a million consoles? Ha it did it in one day.

If they only launched in NA they would have sold 1 million in 24 hours no problem.

Probably it's true, but the problem is not 1st week. The real problem for both companies is having enough supply for the upcoming weeks and months, and in that regard, Microsoft has said that Xbox One will have problems to be available in USA for christmas, while Sony announced that they won't have problems.

I'm guessing that Sony could have shipped a lot more than 1 million in USA 1st week it they wanted to, but they decided to be conservative and have a constant flow of shipments during the first weeks. Microsoft sounds like they shipped all they have yet....(or almost).

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:
For the record, great numbers but expected.

I think what Arstechnica said applies here too. I'm happy for the console gaming industry, that it appears healthy right now, but we need more time to say the industry looks safe. There was a lot of swollen testicles and this gush of sales won't be sustained. Hopefully the level won't be like the Wii U was ...

Come on, that's hardly comparable. Not only are we seeing launch sales a LOT bigger than WiiU's, but we're also seeing systems with guaranteed huge game support next year.

It's not comparable because it hasn't happened yet.  There have never been consoles available at launch in these numbers.  In the past, it took months for everyone that was DYING to get one at launch to be satiated.  But this time is different.  The numbers WERE there.  So that leaves a greater opportunity for a huge drop off not unlike when a huge title is first released such as GTA, Halo and CoD.  

Listen, I WANT the console gaming industry to be healthy, to continue to grow and silence those that are calling this The Final Generation.  My aspirations are greater than petty console wars and, in all honesty, I'd imagine so are those at the tops of these corporations.  Look at the financials.  Microsoft, MICROSOFT, is doing the best financially in this industry right now and vocal stockholders are still calling for the division to be sold off.

This launch is good so far.  REALLY good.  But if we're honest with ourselves, we know it's not enough.  It's the KC Chiefs (MY team) going 9-0 but knowing that they haven't WON anything until the next 7 games are played (which now they've lost one of those), playoff games won and the Super Bowl is finally played with them as the victor.  Fight as we may, this industry NEEDS the PS4 AND XB1 to do well.  

Oh, and the Wii U too ...

uuuhh...What...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/11/08/microsoft-earns-2-billion-a-year-from-android-is-it-time-to-drop-xbox/

We all want the industry to do well, it's pretty silly of you to insinuate otherwise.

Of course the numbers are comparable, They both sold roughly the same number of consoles in roughly the same amount of time. The difference is the potential number of sales due to the difference in the number of launch countries. What? You think the difference in launch strategies explains the sales difference? That's wishfull thinking.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

NobleTeam360 said:
manny10032 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah I'm sure in North America alone it could still get 1 million easily in 1 day maybe 2 tops. The fact remains that people thought it would take 4 or 5 weeks to do 1 million wether that was WW or N. America.

The thread I entered was for NA only, which I'm sure most people are talking about.  Given what I believe the breakdown of these numbers are, and if MS can get more units out, the people who said 2-3 weeks will probably be correct.  Also, I'm sure most of the answers would have been different if MS was actually launching only in NA.  But, the fact is, they weren't.

Darth Tigris said:
pezus said:
Darth Tigris said:
For the record, great numbers but expected.

I think what Arstechnica said applies here too. I'm happy for the console gaming industry, that it appears healthy right now, but we need more time to say the industry looks safe. There was a lot of swollen testicles and this gush of sales won't be sustained. Hopefully the level won't be like the Wii U was ...

Come on, that's hardly comparable. Not only are we seeing launch sales a LOT bigger than WiiU's, but we're also seeing systems with guaranteed huge game support next year.

It's not comparable because it hasn't happened yet.  There have never been consoles available at launch in these numbers.  In the past, it took months for everyone that was DYING to get one at launch to be satiated.  But this time is different.  The numbers WERE there.  So that leaves a greater opportunity for a huge drop off not unlike when a huge title is first released such as GTA, Halo and CoD.  

Listen, I WANT the console gaming industry to be healthy, to continue to grow and silence those that are calling this The Final Generation.  My aspirations are greater than petty console wars and, in all honesty, I'd imagine so are those at the tops of these corporations.  Look at the financials.  Microsoft, MICROSOFT, is doing the best financially in this industry right now and vocal stockholders are still calling for the division to be sold off.

This launch is good so far.  REALLY good.  But if we're honest with ourselves, we know it's not enough.  It's the KC Chiefs (MY team) going 9-0 but knowing that they haven't WON anything until the next 7 games are played (which now they've lost one of those), playoff games won and the Super Bowl is finally played with them as the victor.  Fight as we may, this industry NEEDS the PS4 AND XB1 to do well.  

Oh, and the Wii U too ...

I agree, successful, sustained sales of the consoles is a good thing. Competition is a good thing. The 2 launches are excellent news for the industry. In no way was I criticising the numbers, I was just having fun watching Albert make a fool out of himself again (yes I know it's his job). He's do a better job staying quiet, instead of desperate attempts to defend the fact they were behind the competition. The press release was all that was needed. Again, congrats to Xbox. Europe, Here PS4 Comes.

NobleTeam360 said:
manny10032 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I don't think anyone that is sane thought that (the 360 alone will prob do 1 million in the next 4-5 weeks WW coming into the holiday season), happy for you to show me otherwise though. 

OT. Awesome sales, whatever way you spin it. I do wonder how the PS4 would have done if stock wasn't an issue (given its sold out til Mar 14 in Oz whereas the XB1 is still available) but end of the day its the number of consoles in homes that matters, not what could have been sold. We won't really know how they stand relative to each other demand wise until ~ Mar next year when supply catches up with demand. 

NobleTeam360 said:
manny10032 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

What? The demand was not there for the Xbox One to due those numbers in just NA. Ask anybody who worked both console launches.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.