By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

Well the Spurs lost the game due to poor free throw shooting tonight you can't miss four in a row during the finals.

Around the Network

Tough loss, spurs will need to steal one in Miami or they will be done... they wouldn't recover from a 1-3 hole against this Heat team.

In the last play for the spurs I think we saw part of the problem ... with them being down 5 with less than 10 seconds to go they make like 15 passes trying to find an open shot. In my opinion they should incorporate a few basic plays in their offense, classic sets like plain old pick and rolls and pick and pops, backdoor screens, etc. I have see them having relatively easy shots close to the basket and they still throw it away to the perimeter trying to find someone who is absolutely and completely open

Poor coaching job by Pop so far.

A few more suggestions for them:

-Limit Parker minutes. He is a terrible defender, a very limited shooter and one of the worst players in the clutch moments of a game. They don't need him and the spurs would benefit from giving more minutes to Gino/Mills

-Dare Lebron to beat them, but stick to everybody else. They should put Danny green/Gino on Lebron for the first three quarters and dare him to go fo 50+ if he wants. Keep leonard on other guys (like Rashard Lewis) to keep him out of foul trouble and in the 4th you can send him again against Lebron

-More post plays for Duncan, specially when the Birdman is on the bench. Neither Bosh nor Lewis can't stop Duncan in the post, he has been eating them alive the few plays that they have run for him there. Have more confidence in your franchise player Pop, even at his age he still is one of the best post players in the league (if not the best)

I still have faith on my spurs, but we need to make sure of winning at least one of the next two

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Heat pretty much had to win all their home games in order to three peat not looking good for them after today's game.

Spurs moved the ball well, the Heat went to isolation and then standing around and waiting for a miracle to happen.

Well if rumors become true and the Heat reload their roster by adding Carmelo Anthony I think they have a change to win some more titles in the near future.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Scisca said:

Hahaha! I love this one :D

I am by no means a LeBron fan but the hate (or at least, the joking) about him sitting out due to a leg cramp is just terrible. Has nobody ever had a serious leg cramp before? Your muscle is involuntarily spasming. Your leg literally doesn't work when that happens. You can't move, and it's something you have to just ride out because strenuous activity on it will just aggravate it more. Scratch that, you wouldn't even be able to do strenuous activity because you'd be immobilized.

So all the crap about "LeBron quit because of a cramp, but: Jordan scored 38 with the flu; the guy died on the hockey bench but still wanted to play; Kobe stood up with an achilles tear; etc".....all nonsense. And btw:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2088673-remember-the-time-michael-jordan-left-an-nba-finals-game-due-to-cramps

Oh my gosh, thank you! I bet everyone crying about LeBron leaving the game never played anything more physically demanding than Checkers. If you've ever had a muscle cramp up on you, you would know that there is literally nothing you can do with it. Have you ever fallen asleep awkwardly on your arm, and then woke up to find that not only did it not work, but you couldn't even feel it, as if you were handicap? And then as it's waking up, it feels like acid is shooting through your veins? Imagine that feeling of your nerves on fire, multiplied by several degrees, and take away any ability to voluntarily move that limb while it occasinally hiccups. That's what a muscle spasm is like.

Well Jordan was 6 and 0 in the finals so pretty much no one remebers those stomache cramps he had in those finals especially since he followed it up with a super clutch performance while battleing the flu.  Looks like LeBron will soon be 2 and 3 in the finals which isn't exactly stellar.  But if the big three can turn into the big four with Mello than by the time he is done his finals record might end up being somewhat respectable.

Chris Hu said:

Well Jordan was 6 and 0 in the finals so pretty much no one remebers those stomache cramps he had in those finals especially since he followed it up with a super clutch performance while battleing the flu.  Looks like LeBron will soon be 2 and 3 in the finals which isn't exactly stellar.  But if the big three can turn into the big four with Mello than by the time he is done his finals record might end up being somewhat respectable.

What you are saying is crazy talk.  Just making it to the finals with 2 different teams is a great accomplishment.  Having 2 rings in a row puts you in elite status.  People continue to forget that basketball is a team sports not one individual.  Even Jordan did not do it alone or any of the great players.  

burninmylight said:
BMaker11 said:
Scisca said:

Hahaha! I love this one :D

I am by no means a LeBron fan but the hate (or at least, the joking) about him sitting out due to a leg cramp is just terrible. Has nobody ever had a serious leg cramp before? Your muscle is involuntarily spasming. Your leg literally doesn't work when that happens. You can't move, and it's something you have to just ride out because strenuous activity on it will just aggravate it more. Scratch that, you wouldn't even be able to do strenuous activity because you'd be immobilized.

So all the crap about "LeBron quit because of a cramp, but: Jordan scored 38 with the flu; the guy died on the hockey bench but still wanted to play; Kobe stood up with an achilles tear; etc".....all nonsense. And btw:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2088673-remember-the-time-michael-jordan-left-an-nba-finals-game-due-to-cramps

Oh my gosh, thank you! I bet everyone crying about LeBron leaving the game never played anything more physically demanding than Checkers. If you've ever had a muscle cramp up on you, you would know that there is literally nothing you can do with it. Have you ever fallen asleep awkwardly on your arm, and then woke up to find that not only did it not work, but you couldn't even feel it, as if you were handicap? And then as it's waking up, it feels like acid is shooting through your veins? Imagine that feeling of your nerves on fire, multiplied by several degrees, and take away any ability to voluntarily move that limb while it occasinally hiccups. That's what a muscle spasm is like.

Hamstring cramps are one of the worst you can get if you are playing any sport where you are running. You cannot stretch out your hams so when they start to cramp, you just have to ride it out.  Your hams lock up tight and any movement compounds the pain.  It was bound to happen that Lebron hams would shut him down because he kept trying to play.  It would have been better if he left and had those hams massage before the locked up on him because once that happen its game over.  Once Lebron teammates had to carry him to the bench he was done.  His hams went into lock down and he was not going to recover from something like that until hours later and a lot of fluids.

The problem with trying to compare a ham cramp to a rupture Achilles is that when you rupture your Achilles you can still move and you do not feel the same pain until the blood starts to swell up.  I pulled a Achilles and it was not until the following day where I could not even move or stand on it.  Its really sad when people make jokes about things they have no clue about.  It really make them look bad more then the person they are trying to mock.

Game 4 tonight. Come on spurs, let's put our foot on their throat!

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"