By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The OFFICIAL 2014 NBA Thread! December 22 update: BACK BY REQUEST

Scisca said:
Justagamer said:
All that money between the big 3 of the heat, and Lebron is the only one earning it. His supporting cast sucks. I hope he opts out and moves to a team with a solid squad that he can help turn the corner and win a few more titles. I know a lot of people love to hate the guy, but I think he's a classy guy, and I hope he gets a few more titles before he hangs it up. Congrats to the spurs too, they are a very good team, and are a shining example of what it means to be a team.

Oh yeah! A crazy idea just crossed my mind. People are talking about Melo joining the big 3 in Miami. How about LBJ joining Melo in NYK and inviting Love to the party as well? Now THAT would be a team. Especially with a legit big guy in Ty Chandler. I believe Jackson would know how to add extra crew around these guys to win a couple of championships.

Don't think that could happen since there is a good chance that Chandler could end up back in Dallas.

Around the Network
Scisca said:
carlos710 said:

Kobe could have started playing around feb of this year but he quitted on his team and his fans. He is many things, but he is not like MJ who actually came back from a very serious injury in '86 and stilil willed his bulls to the playoffs

Quitted on his team and fans? Don't think so. If anything, he understood his position, the fact that he got right back a couple months earlier and only managed to play a couple of games before going down for extra months. He's old, he needs more time than he used to to recover. On top of that the team had zero chances of making the Playoffs, not even MJ would will them to PO in this Western Conference. On the other hand, now they have the 7th pick and may get a good player to help a totally healthy Kobe next season. At this age he has to pick his battles and I totally understand this decision.

Kobe is done regardless there is no way he will ever get another ring unless he is traded to a contender and wins one riding that teams bench.

Maybe Spoelstra should try running a play for Bosh. Just one...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Chris Hu said:
Scisca said:
Justagamer said:
All that money between the big 3 of the heat, and Lebron is the only one earning it. His supporting cast sucks. I hope he opts out and moves to a team with a solid squad that he can help turn the corner and win a few more titles. I know a lot of people love to hate the guy, but I think he's a classy guy, and I hope he gets a few more titles before he hangs it up. Congrats to the spurs too, they are a very good team, and are a shining example of what it means to be a team.

Oh yeah! A crazy idea just crossed my mind. People are talking about Melo joining the big 3 in Miami. How about LBJ joining Melo in NYK and inviting Love to the party as well? Now THAT would be a team. Especially with a legit big guy in Ty Chandler. I believe Jackson would know how to add extra crew around these guys to win a couple of championships.

Don't think that could happen since there is a good chance that Chandler could end up back in Dallas.

Let's be serious here, he wouldn't even think about going there if NYK landed LBJ ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The best big man in the east right now is Marcin Gortat.  I think the Wizzards will do even better next season then they did this season.  Also Mello might ditch they Knick before he ever could form a team with LeBron.  The best move for LeBron right is to stay one more year with the Heat and then figure out his next move. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

The best big man in the east right now is Marcin Gortat.  I think the Wizzards will do even better next season then they did this season.  Also Mello might ditch they Knick before he ever could form a team with LeBron.  The best move for LeBron right is to stay one more year with the Heat and then figure out his next move. 

I know you're just saying that because he's my homeboy and we grew up in the same 'hood playing in the same pitch :P But no matter how much of a fanboy of MG I am, I still think that Al Jefferson has a slight edge with his offence. His D is worse, but on the offensive end only Howard and Davis are more skilled.

But hmm... Are you trying to say... Wall, Beal, James, Nene, Gortat? Now that would be a team capable of tree-peating. Especially if they managed to keep Ariza and a couple other guys to come off the bench. This would also allow James to take less of a toll on his body, which we should start thinking about. He won't be immune to injury forever.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Scisca said:
Chris Hu said:

I know you're just saying that because he's my homeboy and we grew up in the same 'hood playing in the same pitch :P But no matter how much of a fanboy of MG I am, I still think that Al Jefferson has a slight edge with his offence. His D is worse, but on the offensive end only Howard and Davis are more skilled.

But hmm... Are you trying to say... Wall, Beal, James, Nene, Gortat? Now that would be a team capable of tree-peating. Especially if they managed to keep Ariza and a couple other guys to come off the bench. This would also allow James to take less of a toll on his body, which we should start thinking about. He won't be immune to injury forever.

I don't thing LeBron would go to the Wizards.  Also the only way I could see him playing with Mello is somewhere else besides the Knicks.

Chris Hu said:

I don't thing LeBron would go to the Wizards.  Also the only way I could see him playing with Mello is somewhere else besides the Knicks.

I doubt he's thinking about it as well, if he's gonna leave, he's probably thinking about Cleveland, which would also be interesting with Kyrie and Embiid, but they are much worse than the Wizz. The Wizz would actually be an awesome choice though. He would have a young and talented PG, the best one in the East, one of the best shooting guards in the league, a very dependable centre and one of the few power forwards deserving to be called power forwards. He wouldn't have to guard such strong and heavy opponents, wouldn't have to pull the weight of the whole team every single game and this would do wonders for his body, improve his longevity and allow him to get a couple more rings.

Scisca said:
Chris Hu said:

I doubt he's thinking about it as well, if he's gonna leave, he's probably thinking about Cleveland, which would also be interesting with Kyrie and Embiid, but they are much worse than the Wizz. The Wizz would actually be an awesome choice though. He would have a young and talented PG, the best one in the East, one of the best shooting guards in the league, a very dependable centre and one of the few power forwards deserving to be called power forwards. He wouldn't have to guard such strong and heavy opponents, wouldn't have to pull the weight of the whole team every single game and this would do wonders for his body, improve his longevity and allow him to get a couple more rings.

Regardless of wheter he stays or goes he will get a couple more rings.  He will only go to team that is a legit contender and if he stays in Miami Riley will reload the team with fresh talent.

Time to end this, once and for all!

Hopefully my spurs do it tonight, but heat players are talking like they will actually play with effort tonight. If the spurs shooters keep making their open shots it will be almost impossible for the heat tho

By the way, in the last game Duncan became the all time leader in doubles-doubles in playoff games and also in minutes played in the playoffs. Hopefully he has a good game tonight, he is in position to get his 4th finals mvp

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"