By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who here thinks that the PS3 or 360 will reach 100 million sold ????

Historically speaking, the consoles which miss the "generation's best seller' status never sell more than about 40 million systems at best; usually fewer than 25 million. I'd set the high mark for both at 40 million, going by this trend and by the lack of evidence that it has changed at all. The PS3 and 360 are both tracking close enough to past generation not-best-seller systems for it to be feasible that they won't break the 40 million mark. It would not surprise me in the least if neither goes over 30 million, as well; as noted, it's rare for a system without majority appeal to break 25 million.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

^^ Those numbers seem a little low but at least they are sane... noone in their right mind can see the PS3 reach 100mil IMO

If you add up both consoles' sales, multiply by 1.1, then carry the eleventeen, both should be able to do it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

El Duderino said:
^^ Those numbers seem a little low but at least they are sane... noone in their right mind can see the PS3 reach 100mil IMO

I wouldn't think so normally, but Sony has this really bizzare way of surprising me >_>; If either company is up to the task, I'd put money on Sony.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Why would anybody think that? It would only be possible if they are sub-$100

Around the Network

no one of them will make it to 100 million

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

wiiforever gets banned then we get a gamer4eva...hmmmmmm (Couldn't possibly be though, considering that post was 14 times bigger than any of wiiforever's)

PS3 maybe, 360 no chance in hell.

Yeah if they were under a $100 then definitly

PS3 - No chance in hell
Xbox 360 - No chance in hell

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

100m is very unlikely for either console.

360 - I'd say 60m is the max this will ever hit

PS3 - IF it lasts 8+ years, which is a big IF, then it might eventually crawl up to 100m.

Wii - Oh hell yes.