By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your favorite Nintendo home consoles?

What is your favorite Nintendo home console?

NES 11 6.59%

SNES 59 35.33%

N64 32 19.16%

Nintendo GameCube 34 20.36%

Nintendo Wii 22 13.17%

Nintendo Xbox 9 5.39%

Total:167

SNES > NES > N64 >> Wii > GameCube

1990-1999 Nintendo is the best Nintendo. 

Around the Network

1. wii
2. snes
3. n64
4.gamecube
5 nes

For me:
1. SNES
2. Wii
3. N64
4. NES
5. GCN

To early to tell where Wii U will end up, but I predict between N64 and Wii.

1. SNES (favourite console of all time)
2. NES
3. Gamecube
4. Wii
5. Wii U
6. N64 (least favourite major console)

Well, in my mind SNES is the best Nintendo console -- arguably the best console period -- but my personal favorite is N64. So many of my favorite games appeared first on N64: Ocarina, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie, MLB featuring Ken Griffey, Jr., Extreme-G, Turok, Perfect Dark, etc.

For those who ranked N64 last, do you mind if I ask why?

Around the Network

Not including backwards compatibility of any kind and just focusing on the systems and games for their time:

1. NES
2. SNES
3. Gamecube
4. N64
5. Wii

Love 'em all.

1. GC - Had my favorite MK, Smash and Zelda. Also really enjoyed Sunshine, Pokemon XD, Super Mario Strikers, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Hard to beat this console for me.
2. N64 - Super Mario 64 is still one of the greatest games ever made. Also Rare. This console is a very close second.
3. SNES - Never owned it but my grandma had one so I played it weekly. Had a lot of fun with this one as a kid. Tons of fond memories.
4. NES - Same with SNES. Though I started playing them both around the same time so I guess it just impressed me slightly less.
5. Wii - Plenty of quality software but the motion controls kind of killed the enjoyment for me. Still a solid console.

I have the most games for GameCube, but considering the Wii plays all those games and has the Virtual Console, it's not even close.

That is a tough call for me. Right now, my personal preference is something like this:

1. SNES (tie) - The first home console I owned. Tons of great games.
1. N64 (tie) - Countless hours with 007, Perfect Dark, Smash Bros. Mario 64, Zelda OoT and Majora's Mask, Diddy Kong Racing...
3. Wii - I am still not done with this console. I have quite a few games left to play, and it may yet move up the list.
4. Gamecube - Good, not great. Very few games that were really amazing.
5. NES - I was born a little late to really get the full impact of this monster.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

For me the Nintendo 64 is not only Nintendo's best console, it's the best console ever made.

Second would be the GameCube, and in third place the Wii.