By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your favorite Nintendo home consoles?

What is your favorite Nintendo home console?

NES 11 6.59%

SNES 59 35.33%

N64 32 19.16%

Nintendo GameCube 34 20.36%

Nintendo Wii 22 13.17%

Nintendo Xbox 9 5.39%

Total:167
brendude13 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
brendude13 said:
I thought I would have gotten a reply for my comment about the N64.

I did! Well, indirectly. I'm curious about the ranking.

It's just everything about the console really, from the games, to the controller, to the use of cartridges.

Even the DOA Saturn seemed to get more and better multiplats, and as for the exclusive games, I can't think really think of anything that would crack my top 20, or possibly even my top 50. :/

Fair enough.

I'm partial to Mario 64, Ocarina, Majora, and pretty much everything by Rare, but I appreciate your opinion.

I'm trying to think of some N64 games you might like. Ever try Body Harvest? Or World Driver Championship? Those are a couple of hidden gems.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
brendude13 said:

It's just everything about the console really, from the games, to the controller, to the use of cartridges.

Even the DOA Saturn seemed to get more and better multiplats, and as for the exclusive games, I can't think really think of anything that would crack my top 20, or possibly even my top 50. :/

Fair enough.

I'm partial to Mario 64, Ocarina, Majora, and pretty much everything by Rare, but I appreciate your opinion.

I'm trying to think of some N64 games you might like. Ever try Body Harvest? Or World Driver Championship? Those are a couple of hidden gems.

To be fair, I didn't own an N64 at the time and I haven't played that many N64 games. Goldeneye could change my mind, and Ocarina of Time could possibly climb higher if I completed it.

I'm going to have to go with Wii since you got to play most of the older games plus all the new ones like both Galaxy games as well as the amazing Zelda SS And Zelda TP, DK.R, Metroid Prime 3, Xenoblade, Monster hunter tri, Wii Sports and Wii fit and a bunch of other games... well it had something for everyone

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I'm shocked by the lack of NES love. Personally, I would rank them:

1. SNES
2. NES
3. GameCube
4. N64 (awkward early 3D gaming, meh)
5. Wii (motion controls blow, especially the original Wii-mote)

1.a SNES - probably the greatest console of all time. The shear amount and quality of games is stagering. Mine still gets used today.
1.b NES - this could be #1, especially from a nostalgia point of view. Everything was fresh in video games then and that magic was amazing. But it's probably a slight second to SNES. SNES games had incredible immersion with the better tech, and have better lasting value and depth.
3. Wii U - love this system.
4. Wii - a real game changer.
5. N64 - 2 of the greatest games of all time, and it really mixed things up with 3D - in some ways good and some bad.
6. GCN - Never played it. But WWHD is amazing on Wii U!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
brendude13 said:
I thought I would have gotten a reply for my comment about the N64.

I did! Well, indirectly. I'm curious about the ranking.

That's because the Saturn was still popular in Japan, mind you. The N64 was disregarded entirely there.

SNES, greatest console of all time, only the PS1 could compare to it in quality and variety in my opinion, but that console didn't have Nintendo games.

Glad to see most people are picking the correct choice.

padib said:

Super Mario Bros. 3 was an NES game

My bad :P

I'm stepping into very subjective territory here, but:

SNES - monumental 1st party games, monumental 3rd party games, controller was arguably the single most fundamental template for the industry's future.

Wii -The closest thing of a return to form to the SNES's first party software, only held back by sub-par 3rd party support and inadequate resolution output for it's time.

GC - dared to be different, maybe a little too different in the hardware department. Very unique first party experiences all the same. Controller was a double-edged sword.

N64 - Besides the N64 controller being borderline unplayable for some games, maybe I should put this a little higher, but this thing always felt more like the "Rareware 64" than the Nintendo 64. Not that that's a bad thing, but  we're talking about Nintendo consoles, and the PS1 and/or Sega Saturn honestly feel more like successors to the SNES imo, and no, I'm not trolling.

NES - very little experience, not a bad system by any means, but it's most note-worthy games have had superior ports else where by now.

I can see the Wii U overtaking the Wii for me, the SNES is still a longshot though.

1. SNES - my favorite console, some of the greatest games ever (Zelda, Metroid, Super Mario World, etc.) with tons of third party support.
2. N64 - amazing 3D games like Banjo, Goldeneye, both Zeldas, and Mario 64, not many games, but amazing games and fun to play with friends
3. NES - the classic and first console I owned, only downside was the games tended to be unfair in difficulty
4. Wii - lots of fun games with the Virtual Console as well, the controls take some getting used to, and I wish it were in HD
5. Gamecube - I had a PS2 during the time and only bought one recently, so I can't judge it too much, but I like the games I've played