By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why dont I like A Link Between Worlds?

Tagged games:

Everytime I watch a trailer or gameplay I just think meh whatever. I dont get it, it has great reviews, Im a huge Zelda fan and yet the game looks boring to me. Maybe its because I have no nostalgia for ALTTP but its not like Ive never played the top down Zeldas before, in fact Links Awakening is one of my faves. Maybe if I played it it would be fun and enjoyable but right now I just feel like so many games coming out or released recently have impressed me so much more =(

Around the Network

Nothing wrong with waiting on user reviews.  

Usually they point all the really apparant negatives or the GET THIS GAME positives that might sway your view.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Go to the doctor, maybe you have some kind of sickness. I hope you can recover man...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Everytime I look at a top down Zelda game, it also looks boring or atleast average to me. Because it's so simplistic at its core, you move around and press a to swing sword at enemy near you.

But it's when you play it that the magic takes it's place. The curiosity of what's coming in the next corner, the puzzle solving and the feeling after beating a new boss and receiving a new piece of heart. All of this can't be felt by looking at a trailer.

I seriously doubt you could get excited by a Link's awakening trailer. You may feel nostalgia by hearing the music, but purely looking at what's going on on the trailer, you will ask yourself what you thought was so great about it.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

I'm not so into it either even though I'm a huge Zelda fan

top down Zelda is not that interesting

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I blame the graphics. In contrast to other games in the series, LBW has some of the more boring graphics I've ever seen.

Plus, I bet Nintendo is not letting people show some of the REALLY good stuff yet.

Love and tolerate.

wow you've never played lttp? That's probably why. IMO lttp was the best zelda game ever made. The puzzles were smart and worked well without being reused over and over. The pacing was absolutely perfect. The script was great. Very cute.
The world was big enough, without being overwhelming.
It was a perfect game.
Ocarina?
Doesn't even come close. Tedious, longwinded, self-referential. Ocarina is a great game, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, if I wanted to give you a good example of what I think of lttp, it's a good 10 points over ocarina.
In the realm of greatest games, it's up there with:
Super mario 3, Super Metroid, and final fantasy tactics

theprof00 said:
wow you've never played lttp? That's probably why. IMO lttp was the best zelda game ever made. The puzzles were smart and worked well without being reused over and over. The pacing was absolutely perfect. The script was great. Very cute.
The world was big enough, without being overwhelming.
It was a perfect game.
Ocarina?
Doesn't even come close. Tedious, longwinded, self-referential. Ocarina is a great game, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, if I wanted to give you a good example of what I think of lttp, it's a good 10 points over ocarina.
In the realm of greatest games, it's up there with:
Super mario 3, Super Metroid, and final fantasy tactics

When it comes to 3DS VC I will buy it day 1, until then I shall wait.

Also your saying  ALBW success is purely because of nostalgia for ALTTP??

Probably has something to do with your lack of a soul.

ktay95 said:

Everytime I watch a trailer or gameplay I just think meh whatever. I dont get it, it has great reviews, Im a huge Zelda fan and yet the game looks boring to me. Maybe its because I have no nostalgia for ALTTP but its not like Ive never played the top down Zeldas before, in fact Links Awakening is one of my faves. Maybe if I played it it would be fun and enjoyable but right now I just feel like so many games coming out or released recently have impressed me so much more =(

I can't wait for it cause it will give me (after a long time) a Zelda that is non linear, letting me experience my own adventure.

EDIT: btw lot's of people were skeptical before playing it...