By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why dont I like A Link Between Worlds?

Tagged games:

ktay95 said:
theprof00 said:
wow you've never played lttp? That's probably why. IMO lttp was the best zelda game ever made. The puzzles were smart and worked well without being reused over and over. The pacing was absolutely perfect. The script was great. Very cute.
The world was big enough, without being overwhelming.
It was a perfect game.
Ocarina?
Doesn't even come close. Tedious, longwinded, self-referential. Ocarina is a great game, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, if I wanted to give you a good example of what I think of lttp, it's a good 10 points over ocarina.
In the realm of greatest games, it's up there with:
Super mario 3, Super Metroid, and final fantasy tactics

When it comes to 3DS VC I will buy it day 1, until then I shall wait.

Also your saying  ALBW success is purely because of nostalgia for ALTTP??

No, I'm just wondering how you have never played lttp....
You must be a new gen gamer. How old are you?

Anyway, I'm not saying albw success is due to nostalgia, but it sure must be helping contribute. Success for zelda is because it's zelda. The fact that it's a remake of the greatest zelda is definitely an incentive.



Around the Network

I hated The Minish Cap with a passion until I finished the first dungeon. Same goes for Skyward Sword. I bought the game the day it came out and quietly shelved it after a few hours of play. Then, I went back and played it.

Something about Zelda games just can't be conveyed in videos and sometimes, even in the initial few hours of play. Once you give it, each game becomes the "greatest game ever", regardless of the order you play them. I didn't play Link's Awakening until earlier this year and it blew my mind. Expect great things from this one, too.



Twitter: @d21lewis

im feeling similar, could be possible you are just Zeldad out. I know im getting their, especially after SS. I need to play it for myself I hope there is a demo, cause im not trusting the reviews. Im getting Tearaway instead and i will wait



theprof00 said:
ktay95 said:
theprof00 said:
wow you've never played lttp? That's probably why. IMO lttp was the best zelda game ever made. The puzzles were smart and worked well without being reused over and over. The pacing was absolutely perfect. The script was great. Very cute.
The world was big enough, without being overwhelming.
It was a perfect game.
Ocarina?
Doesn't even come close. Tedious, longwinded, self-referential. Ocarina is a great game, don't get me wrong, but in my opinion, if I wanted to give you a good example of what I think of lttp, it's a good 10 points over ocarina.
In the realm of greatest games, it's up there with:
Super mario 3, Super Metroid, and final fantasy tactics

When it comes to 3DS VC I will buy it day 1, until then I shall wait.

Also your saying  ALBW success is purely because of nostalgia for ALTTP??

No, I'm just wondering how you have never played lttp....
You must be a new gen gamer. How old are you?

Anyway, I'm not saying albw success is due to nostalgia, but it sure must be helping contribute. Success for zelda is because it's zelda. The fact that it's a remake of the greatest zelda is definitely an incentive.

Im 18, started gamiing on the N64 and PS1 (although I did play SNES when I was really young at a friends house). So yeah I started in the 3D era, didnt start playing classics until recently.



ktay95 said:
theprof00 said:

No, I'm just wondering how you have never played lttp....
You must be a new gen gamer. How old are you?

Anyway, I'm not saying albw success is due to nostalgia, but it sure must be helping contribute. Success for zelda is because it's zelda. The fact that it's a remake of the greatest zelda is definitely an incentive. 0

Im 18, started gamiing on the N64 and PS1 (although I did play SNES when I was really young at a friends house). So yeah I started in the 3D era, didnt start playing classics until recently.

That's cool No worries, not hatin. Just figured that must be the case. I'm sure you have your own nostalgia games that I didn't play.



Around the Network
Salnax said:
I blame the graphics. In contrast to other games in the series, LBW has some of the more boring graphics I've ever seen.

Plus, I bet Nintendo is not letting people show some of the REALLY good stuff yet.


i blame the fact they put it in the link to the past world.  it's one thing to be nostalgic but another to reuse the same overworld.  every trailer i watch i walk away with the feeling i've already played this game.   it probably plays well but the trailers don't do it for me.



I have always preferred LttP over OoT so top down to me is Zelda. I am so glad they did not make another DS type entry (the rare Zelda games I felt meh about) and gave me a sequel to my favorite entry.

I am sure there will be a beautiful Wii U 3D version and that's fine, but for me the 3DS is where it is at and could not be happier with Nintendo.



Augen said:
I have always preferred LttP over OoT so top down to me is Zelda. I am so glad they did not make another DS type entry (the rare Zelda games I felt meh about) and gave me a sequel to my favorite entry.

I am sure there will be a beautiful Wii U 3D version and that's fine, but for me the 3DS is where it is at and could not be happier with Nintendo.

LOL, while Ive only played Phantom Hourglass on DS it was one of my favourite DS games. The only thing I disliked was the touch only controls.



ktay95 said:

LOL, while Ive only played Phantom Hourglass on DS it was one of my favourite DS games. The only thing I disliked was the touch only controls.




I've never been a fan of the top down Zelda games. I like the full 3D environment and the ability to move the camera. But I also wasn't a fan of WW when it first came out but now I own it. SO maybe I'll change my mind.



Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179