By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW & SW up! 16th November 2013! PS4 is here!

AshKetchum1992 said:
I hope Ratchet sells more than 500k lifetime so they get convinced to make another one for PS4.

That seems like a pretty mediocre debut to me honestly, but who knows if it'll have legs. 

Around the Network

The PS3 outsold the 360 by 50,000 last week and 50,000 this week so why hasn't that gap widened?

The PS5 Exists. 

Soundwave said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
I hope Ratchet sells more than 500k lifetime so they get convinced to make another one for PS4.

That seems like a pretty mediocre debut to me honestly, but who knows if it'll have legs. 

Honestly I don't understand how some of the Sony platformers like Ratchet, Sly, Crash suddenly lost popularity, they used to sell really well on the PS2 era.

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
pezus said:
tbone51 said:
W/O The vita TV numbers Vita would be down YoY in the holidays
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=172272&page=1

3DS is flat/slightly down despite Pokemon/Monster Hunter!

Wat are you talking about? its ahead for the holidays YoY and overall up YoY by around 600k

I mean this week. I thought you were talking about this week as well, since this is the weekly thread ;o

I am surprised how identical week 1 and 2 sales were in 2012 and 13! :O

Oh, well AC has that japan effect(last year), but 3DS overall will have 2013>>>2012 in sales this holiday. 

As for Vita, good coincidence lol. Vita needs to sell a little over 200k WW per week for the next 7 weeks to be up YoY. 

Even though my thread shows 2013>2012 for the holidays, it was down by about 350k Yearly before Nov 2nd.

GribbleGrunger said:
The PS3 outsold the 360 by 50,000 last week and 50,000 this week so why hasn't that gap widened?

Talking about lifetime? i know ps3 overtracked by a couple thousand msybe adjustments?

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
Soundwave said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Honestly I don't understand how some of the Sony platformers like Ratchet, Sly, Crash suddenly lost popularity, they used to sell really well on the PS2 era.

Really??? most games lose popularity after the first or second entry in a gen, or even between gens. It is rare to find one that increases after the second game.

Tagged. PS4 and One will be similar

Soundwave said:

Ironically the soundtrack for Mario & Sonic Sochii is so great, it might be the first in the series that I buy if I can find it on clearance for cheap a few months down the line. The remixes of a lot of the Mario tracks are incredible. 

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz5gUls4mkX_A1TnwyJKqRY2yQVKfMmYF

Or you could just use a YouTube ripper to get the songs as mp3s.

Vita has a life! Though, that is including Vita TV, so both sold 45K ish, for a total of around 90K in Japan. PS4 started good, 3DS slowing in Japan, Wii U slowly climbing in US. Wonder how Wii U will be next week after 3D World.

Few questions:
Are the japanese Vita's numbers due to the launch of VitaTV?
Isn't it a totally different device?
Why is VGChartz considering the sales together?