By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja Theory to quit console development and shift to mobile, report claims

MTZehvor said:

You don't have to believe me. You can believe Capcom, the actual determiner of series canon, who has written DMC4 into canon in their character encyclopedia.

To make DMC3 and 4 cannon, Capcom had to undo the events of the first DMC game and they had to remove Hideki Kamiya's novels from the original continuity. I accept that this is Capcom's DMC series, but it is not true to the series the original creators had in mind. In that respect according to Capcom DmC is part of an alternate continuity.

NT's repeatedly bashed the older Dante, referencing how he would get "laughed out of a bar," in one instance.

The camp homo would get laughed out of a bar.

They didn't want their Dante to have anything to do with the older one.

Why would this Dante be conntected to the previous Dante's? Its a seperate continuity. Have you not been paying attention DMC4 fan? Its not the same Dante in terms of continuity, yet Capcom have confirmed this is Dante. Are you calling Capcom Japan and Hideaki Itsuno liars? Why should I believe you over them?

I haven't done anything of the sort. Capcom has never confirmed Dante as a different character, so now you're just lying through your teeth.

Rebuen Langdon and Capcom have confirmed DMC4 Dante is meant to be different from previous iterations of the character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbnto00WEwU

Not to mention Hideki Kamiya creator of the DMC series has confirmed there is only one true iteration of Dante, which is of course Devil May Cry 1, not DMC4. You have a problem with that because your not a DMC1 fan, hence why Hideki Kamiya's words mean nothing to you. You will do anything to excuse DMC4; thats why if you allowed Hideki Kamiya to have his say you would be discredited outright. A common trait of all DMC4 fans.

No, because that's not an automatic lock on system.

Again answer the questions:

How are you manually selecting your target if the AI picks a target that it thinks you want to attack? EXPLAIN!!!

How are you manually selecting your target if you cycle through said targets until you reach the one you want. EXPLAIN!!!

You've just contradicted everything you've said. How are you manually selecting your target if the AI allocates your next target

AUTOMATICALLY? You explain how this is not automatic? You can't because you've been exposed as a lying DMC4 fan.

Unfortunately, it is you who are wrong. I had combos interrupted on multiple ocassions where Dante attacked one enemy, and got interrupted by another enemy moving in and taking his attention away.

Why is it the fault of the developers that you didn't know how to manually target the right enemy?

Now watch the MGR part, which implements the same sort of soft lock on system as DmC does. Notice how Raiden's movements are never dependent on the enemy. Holding left or right will move you in the exact same way you would move if there was no enemy there at all.

You've actually made a mistake here again. Bayonetta dosen't work like DMC4. Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, God of War, Nijna Giaden and DmC all feature free flow movement at all times.

What your reffering to is button locked movement. In DMC4 your restricted to movement in a locked enemy radius. At this point Dante's movement slows down so he can't run. He can only circle a radius around the enemy because the button lock restricts his movement. This also only allows you to Evade in two directions.

The problem with this system is that locking you in a radius of one enemy prevents you Evading enemies external to the enemy you are locked onto. The slow movment of Dante during button lock also dosen't offer the fludity and flexibility of something like Bayonetta or DmC.

The point of games like Bayonetta and DmC, is they are meant to offer more fluidity and flexibility than DMC4. Hence why Hideaki Itsuno wanted to remove the button lock. He has confirmed that DmC features improvements from DMC4 and he wanted to remove the clunky button lock for better movement and flexibility. Now explain to me why is it better for Dante to be locked to a radius of one enemy, while moving at a very slow pace? Explain DMC4 fan?

...because you are still picking the target you want to attack with some input besides movement and relative position?

How are you picking the target you want to attack if the AI automatically moves between targets via a pre-determined cycle?

How does any of this address any of my points?

Your points have been addressed, I can keep copy and pasting the same thing now, you can't change that an automatic system is automatic. You can't change that the camp homo is not and will never be Dante.

That's all I've said. I never said there wasn't a neutral mode, I never said there was no way to lock on to an enemy, I never said anything about not being able to point L3:

You've contradicted yourself from what you've previously said:

In DmC, if you're halfway across the map and the AI picks a target you don't want, then you can't choose the one you want outside of moving over.

Any idea of how arrogant you sound right about now?

Any idea of how arrogant you sound, attacking innocent developers so scum like you can justify the exsitance of a camp homo. Do you know how you sound telling everyone they have to accept your views as facts. Your calling Capcom Japan liars and acting as if you know more than Hideaki Itsuno about DMC's combat. Unfortunately you found a Devil May Cry 1 fan waiting in the fold.

Never mind that DMC4, which came out five years earlier, ran at 60 on consoles. Completely the fault of consoles.

DMC4 is using less information than DmC. That means things like polygons, textures et al. Thats why the console versions of DMC4 were limited to 60 FPS. On PC Capcom uped DMC4 to 120 FPS. With DmC Capcom pushed it into 200+ FPS. Like I said, is DMC4 shit now because you've found out the truth. Not to mention DmC is actually a good game compared to DMC4 which was average.

You must be incredibly unskilled at this game to think that styles somehow slow down gameplay:

You really don't know anything do you...

Thats not Devil May Cry 4 PS3/360. Thats Devil May Cry 4 PC running on Turbo Mode. Turbo Mode dosen't exist on PS3/360; probably because the hardware wasn't powerful enough for it. Same with DmC, which dosen't have Turbo Mode on consoles either. However when DmC is running on Turbo Mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBa2obr76c

You end up failing as badly as you just did!

Around the Network

To make DMC3 and 4 cannon, Capcom had to undo the events of the first DMC game and they had to remove Hideki Kamiya's novels from the original continuity. I accept that this is Capcom's DMC series, but it is not true to the series the original creators had in mind. In that respect according to Capcom DmC is part of an alternate continuity.

They don't have to do anything of the sort to the first game. Regarding the novels, yeah, they do. So what? It's Capcom's series, what they say goes. Unfortunate at times, but it's still the case nonetheless.

Why would this Dante be conntected to the previous Dante's? Its a seperate continuity. Have you not been paying attention DMC4 fan? Its not the same Dante in terms of continuity, yet Capcom have confirmed this is Dante. Are you calling Capcom Japan and Hideaki Itsuno liars? Why should I believe you over them?

You've been arguing that DmC Dante was DMC's Dante for the last 3 posts, and now you're suddenly arguing against that?

At least you're entertaining.

Not to mention Hideki Kamiya creator of the DMC series has confirmed there is only one true iteration of Dante, which is of course Devil May Cry 1, not DMC4. You have a problem with that because your not a DMC1 fan, hence why Hideki Kamiya's words mean nothing to you. You will do anything to excuse DMC4; thats why if you allowed Hideki Kamiya to have his say you would be discredited outright. A common trait of all DMC4 fans.

I've already discredited this argument on 5 different ocassions, so I'm not wasting time replying to it once more.

How are you manually selecting your target if the AI picks a target that it thinks you want to attack? EXPLAIN!!!

How are you manually selecting your target if you cycle through said targets until you reach the one you want.EXPLAIN!!!

As I've said three times, the AI isn't the sole decision in what target you select. There is some input besides movement and relative distance. If the game meets those conditions, it has a manual lock on system.

Those are the only requirements it needs to meet. None of your screaming about it changes that.

Rebuen Langdon and Capcom have confirmed DMC4 Dante is meant to be different from previous iterations of the character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbnto00WEwU

That movie is a movie of them shooting cutscenes for DMC4...which proves what, exactly?

Why is it the fault of the developers that you didn't know how to manually target the right enemy?

Because it wasn't my fault?

My inputs were precisely what would have resulted in a working combo had that opponent been the only enemy on screen. The fact that the developers created a game where enemies can interrupt combos without any failure on the players part is where the problem lies.

You've actually made a mistake here again. Bayonetta dosen't work like DMC4. Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, God of War, Nijna Giaden and DmC all feature free flow movement at all times.

Wrong once more. Notice how Dante and Bayonetta are always facing their targets when they are locked on, they never can have their back turned towards the target. That is not the same thing as DmC.

What your reffering to is button locked movement. In DMC4 your restricted to movement in a locked enemy radius. At this point Dante's movement slows down so he can't run. He can only circle a radius around the enemy because the button lock restricts his movement. This also only allows you to Evade in two directions.

I already picked apart this two posts back, explaining how Dante can evade in at least 10 different ways in DMC4. Go read that.

The problem with this system is that locking you in a radius of one enemy prevents you Evading enemies external to the enemy you are locked onto. The slow movment of Dante during button lock also dosen't offer the fludity and flexibility of something like Bayonetta or DmC.

No, it doesn't. If you hate the lock on for some reason, you can simply choose not to use it. Or, if you want to move in a particular direction while still using the lock on, simple let go of the button briefly. 

you can't change that an automatic system is automatic

Why should I believe your definition over Capcom, Ninja Theory, Platinum, and the entire DMC community?

That's all I've said. I never said there wasn't a neutral mode, I never said there was no way to lock on to an enemy, I never said anything about not being able to point L3:

You've contradicted yourself from what you've previously said:

In DmC, if you're halfway across the map and the AI picks a target you don't want, then you can't choose the one you want outside of moving over.

...and these two contradict each other how?

All the second statement implies that, if you are on the other side of the map and you wish to lock on to an enemy, you cannot choose another enemy to lock on to outside of moving the left control stick (or L3 in your case). That's all it's saying.

Any idea of how arrogant you sound, attacking innocent developers so scum like you can justify the exsitance of a camp homo. Do you know how you sound telling everyone they have to accept your views as facts. Your calling Capcom Japan liars and acting as if you know more than Hideaki Itsuno about DMC's combat. Unfortunately you found a Devil May Cry 1 fan waiting in the fold.

Innocent? Are you really trying to force an emotional appeal now?

All I'm advocating is that DmC was a bad game. I actually liked Enslaved, their previous title, and if they made another one of those I would be all for it. 

And I have never called anyone a liar except for you. Which is quite fitting, considering how frequently you distort arguments.

Not to mention DmC is actually a good game compared to DMC4 which was average.

Hey, you finally moved past "it's an abomination" to "it's average." At least you're moving in the right direction.

At any rate, if DMC4 and DmC came out in the same year, perhaps you'd have an argument. However, DMC4 came out freaking 5 years before DmC and STILL runs better. I don't care about your whining over more information. The game runs smoother and faster than a game releasing 5 years after it. And by all means, it better run faster on PC, or else it would be a complete disgrace. Getting outclassed by a half decade older title on every single platform would be devastating.

Thats not Devil May Cry 4 PS3/360. Thats Devil May Cry 4 PC running on Turbo Mode. Turbo Mode dosen't exist on PS3/360; probably because the hardware wasn't powerful enough for it. Same with DmC, which dosen't have Turbo Mode on consoles either. However when DmC is running on Turbo Mode:

My point isn't to say that DMC4 is a faster game than DmC. The point is to show how styles fit naturally into combos, and keep things flowing at a regular speed. The video highlights just that. If you really want to see a DMC4 combo video without turbo mode, then there's plenty to choose from. 

I'm not here to argue which is faster. My point is that DMC4 goes at the same speed as DmC while giving the player far more options to choose from in terms of combo creativity (at least while playing as Dante).

Here's a video to exemplify my point, done on PS3. The only thing this video will illustrate is how style switching doesn't slow down the combat. Notice how he moves just as quickly while still switching styles. It's the same speed, with a much higher degree of combo creativity.

What springs to my mind when I see text wall wars:

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

MTZehvor said:

They don't have to do anything of the sort to the first game. Regarding the novels, yeah, they do. So what? It's Capcom's series, what they say goes. Unfortunate at times, but it's still the case nonetheless.

Lol. Then theres nothing you can do, Capcom have confirmed DmC is a DMC game. I suggest if you have a problem with that you take it up with Capcom. They don't seem to be taking you seriously, why should I?

I've already discredited this argument on 5 different ocassions, so I'm not wasting time replying to it once more.

Giving your own opinion is not discrediting an argument. Hideki Kamiya is the creator of the DMC series, his words hold more weight to me because I'm a DMC fan. They hold no value to you because your a DMC4 fan.

That movie is a movie of them shooting cutscenes for DMC4...which proves what, exactly?

Read the video discription... Really...

Now again, answer the question DMC4 fan:

How are you manually selecting your target if the AI picks a target that it thinks you want to attack? EXPLAIN!!!

How are you manually selecting your target if you cycle through said targets until you reach the one you want? EXPLAIN!!!

Notice how Dante and Bayonetta are always facing their targets when they are locked on, they never can have their back turned towards the target. That is not the same thing as DmC.

Lol. Wrong again DMC4 fan. For Dante to attack an enemy in DmC he has to be facing that enemy. Thats how manually locking works. Bayonetta also has this. Yet there is a button to maintain that lock if you want it. The difference with Bayonetta is that her movements never slow down unlike DMC4.

I already picked apart this two posts back, explaining how Dante can evade in at least 10 different ways in DMC4.

Those evasions moves aren't all available at all times. To make them work you need to change styles. In DmC and Bayonetta you never need to change styles, all moves flow seamlessly into each other. How about you explain those 10 ways of Evading the enemy? Not to mention you havent explained why it was good for DMC4's button lock to slow down his movements? DmC features full free flow movement at all times, as opposed to DMC4, which restricts Dante's movements to a radius around one enemy and slows him down to walking pace. I suppose you avoided that because you know you can't explain why slower movement is better.

No, it doesn't. If you hate the lock on for some reason, you can simply choose not to use it.

Proove it, show me your playthrough of DMC4 without button lock? We both know previous games would be uplayable without the button lock.

The game runs smoother and faster than a game releasing 5 years after it.

Except the PC version where the games aren't limited by hardware. Did you not understand this yet?

Getting outclassed by a half decade older title on every single platform would be devastating.

You mean how DMC4's button lock was broken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOhBvmr-w_g

Your right it is devestating that even DMC2's button lock wasn't broken. Not to mention your not explaining how DMC4 can be better than DmC if Hideaki Itsuno has already confirmed that he designed DmC to be an improvement over DMC4? It basically comes down to that, either Hideaki Itsuno is a liar or you are? Why should I believe you over him? Answer the question DMC4 fan!

The point is to show how styles fit naturally into combos, and keep things flowing at a regular speed.

.... Lol. Thats how you fail again DMC4 fan. Do you want to know the trick to doing something like that. Its a one on one encounter. No enemy (except) Berial ever has a chance to attack Dante. A lot of the time the player is spamming the Enemy Step function to hold the enemy in the air indefinetly. Hideaki Itsuno already confirmed the point of DmC was to diversfy the way you play the game, including one on many encounters, as opposed to one on one encounters. Not to mention DmC features the combo offset mechanic, which is new to the series, which offers more variety in weapon switching.

Not to mention that video you linked to was once again DMC4 running on Tubro Mode. Hence why it was fast, despite what the title was. Don't you realise its an unfair comparsion? The reason you need to compare DMC4 to DmC in an unfair comparasion is because you need an unfair advantage for DMC4 to look good. Because it really was an average game.

Trying so hard to defend Ninja Theory's works, DmC is a masterpiece for you. You bash old games for DmC to looks better but it doesn't change the fact it's the worst selling DMC.
Ninja Theory should have known that the fans are not minority. To say Dante isn't cool anymore made them a lot of angry fans, see they don't respect classic Dante.
People see them as bad developer and see Capcom make bad decision but are the only guys that can make DMC5. Well, Capcom and Ninja Theory are making mobile games.
DMC(1-4) fans don't want a DmC : Devil May Cry 2.

A203D your argument are epic fail by the way. You whine too much.

Around the Network

Lol. Then theres nothing you can do, Capcom have confirmed DmC is a DMC game. I suggest if you have a problem with that you take it up with Capcom. They don't seem to be taking you seriously, why should I?

...so now you're back to claiming it's a part of the original series?

The word "flip flop" doesn't even begin to describe you.

Giving your own opinion is not discrediting an argument. Hideki Kamiya is the creator of the DMC series, his words hold more weight to me because I'm a DMC fan. They hold no value to you because your a DMC4 fan.

Again, if it was an opinion held by just me, then you would have every right to disagree. However, it's an "opinion" that I've already shown that Ninja Theory themselves (the people who actually created DmC) hold. Considering how much you hold NT in respect, I'm surprised you suddenly pick and choose when to ignore what they say.

How are you manually selecting your target if you cycle through said targets until you reach the one you want? EXPLAIN!!!

You are so utterly beyond any comprehension of the word "manual" that this is the last time I'm going to try and explain it.

Go back and play DMC3 or 4. Is there a way to lock on to an enemy outside of relative position and movement? If there is, then it is manual.

This is the definition used by the ENTIRE video game industry. If you disagree with it, fine. You can go whine about the English language to someone else. 

Your questions have absolutely nothing to do with whether it's a manual lock on or not. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this.

Lol. Wrong again DMC4 fan. For Dante to attack an enemy in DmC he has to be facing that enemy. Thats how manually locking works. Bayonetta also has this. Yet there is a button to maintain that lock if you want it. The difference with Bayonetta is that her movements never slow down unlike DMC4.

...I never said Dante in DmC didn't have to be facing an enemy to attack him...where in the world are you getting that from?

All I'm saying is that, if you attack an enemy in DmC with its soft lock, and then press a direction, Dante will run in that direction as if there was no enemy around, whereas in DMC he will move relative to the enemy's position.

Those evasions moves aren't all available at all times. To make them work you need to change styles.

Oh, good. You finally started reading the posts.

Anyway, yes. That's the entire point. Notice how many more moves the styles open up. Notice how much more creativity the styles open up. Thank you for making my argument for me.

How about you explain those 10 ways of Evading the enemy?

Because neither of those games has anywhere near as many ways to avoid an attack?

Not to mention you havent explained why it was good for DMC4's button lock to slow down his movements?

I explained this three times already. It doesn't matter. If you want to move more quickly, let go of the lock on button, role, or teleport. 

I suppose you avoided that because you know you can't explain why slower movement is better.

Well, I guess in that case Sonic is the best game in the world, right?

If the only thing you care about is moving quicker, play DMC without the lock on and you'll have your quick movements. It'll probably be just as bad as DmC.

You mean how DMC4's button lock was broken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOhBvmr-w_g

...and this is broken...how? It's not perfect, sure. Still a heck of a lot better than DmC's entirely broken combat.

Not to mention your not explaining how DMC4 can be better than DmC if Hideaki Itsuno has already confirmed that he designed DmC to be an improvement over DMC4?

...it's very simple, actually. He tried and failed. That's how. Not all attempts at improvements are successes (see Prototype 2)

Not to mention that video you linked to was once again DMC4 running on Tubro Mode. Hence why it was fast, despite what the title was. Don't you realise its an unfair comparsion? The reason you need to compare DMC4 to DmC in an unfair comparasion is because you need an unfair advantage for DMC4 to look good. Because it really was an average game.

It was done on PS3, so no, it wasn't. Unless you're now claiming that the PS3 version of DMC4 has turbo mode. 

Regardless, the point is to show that styles fit naturally and quickly into combos. 

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Hey, come on, man. I'm at least a spinning scooter dancing to crappy anime music, if nothing else.

MTZehvor said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Hey, come on, man. I'm at least a spinning scooter dancing to crappy anime music, if nothing else.

LOL, but no, the spinning scooter would be more like a monologue that nobody dares to answer for fear it produce even taller walls, here there is a dialogue, although quite a nerdy one.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

MTZehvor said:

...so now you're back to claiming it's a part of the original series?

DmC is a reboot that takes place in an alternate continuity, as confirmed by Capcom. It does not take place in the same continuity as the previous games. Yet is it a Devil May Cry game. Has that been proccessed yet?

However, it's an "opinion" that I've already shown that Ninja Theory themselves (the people who actually created DmC) hold.

Link? In fact Ninja Theory confirmed that they wanted to make Dante look closer to DMC1, thus they ovbiously know there exist four different iterations of the character. If can disprove this give me a link.

You still haven't explained this:

How are you manually selecting your target if you cycle through said targets until you reach the one you want? EXPLAIN!!!

Because neither of those games has anywhere near as many ways to avoid an attack?

Again tell me the 10 evasion moves you reffered to in DMC4?

You've contradicted yourself again:

...I never said Dante in DmC didn't have to be facing an enemy to attack him...where in the world are you getting that from?

Your words:

Notice how Dante and Bayonetta are always facing their targets when they are locked on, they never can have their back turned towards the target. That is not the same thing as DmC.

Lol. You also made a mistake about Bayonetta.that you've avoided to mention. Haha.

All I'm saying is that, if you attack an enemy in DmC with its soft lock, and then press a direction, Dante will run in that direction as if there was no enemy around

Thats the point of DmC, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising and God of War. DmC needed this to give Dante free flow movement at all times. Locking Dante to one enemy at a time was impratical, hence why all those videos you watch contain one on one encounters. DmC is about offering more diversity and depth than that.

Notice how much more creativity the styles open up.

I admit DmC offers more creativity because all of Dante's moves can be integrated into one another without having to hold the button lock and without having to change styles. Your also forgetting something like Royal Guard which disrupted the entire balance of combat, because it prevents Dante from moving what so ever.

Who are you trying to convince here? Capcom Japan confirmed they designed this game to improve on DMC4 in every way. The professional reviewers unanamiously delclared DmC performed much more fluidly and flexibility than its predecessor. My point is why should I believe you over Capcom Japan? You keep avoiding this point because you know there is no reason why I should beleive a lying DMC4 fan.

...and this is broken...how? It's not perfect, sure. Still a heck of a lot better than DmC's entirely broken combat.

Have a look on Youtube, all the previous DMC games have plenty of problems, especailly DMC4 which featured a broken lock on. Something DMC3 did better in fact.

That's how. Not all attempts at improvements are successes (see Prototype 2)

If you think Hideaki Itsuno failed, I suggest you take that up with him. As for myself and the professional reviewers, many seem to think Hideaki Itsuno and Capcom did indeed improve the combat. The reason you don't respect Hideaki Itsuno's words is because your nothing more than a lying DMC4 fan, who has no respect for anyone deciding for themselves DmC is better than the abysimal DMC4.

It was done on PS3, so no, it wasn't. Unless you're now claiming that the PS3 version of DMC4 has turbo mode.

Prove it was done on PS3. No, didn't think so. Regardless DmC is still better.

Ginryu said:

To say Dante isn't cool anymore made them a lot of angry fans, see they don't respect classic Dante.

This is cool to you because your not a DMC fan:

The true DMC fans and Hideki Kamiya know that imposter was NOT Dante, nor will it ever be. Turning Dante into a camp homosexual was an insult. Ninja Theory claiming Dante wasn't cool anymore was holding back on the truth. Besides Ninja Theory are entitled to an opinion. The reason you don't want anyone to heat that opinion is because you wanted DMC4 to continue.

People see them as bad developer and see Capcom make bad decision but are the only guys that can make DMC5

No DMC4 fans who don't know much about the series simply come into threads like these to attack Ninja Theory. Think about it, if they were a bad developer would you need to come into threads like these? Would you need to lie about them? The reason you need to do that is because DMC fans and the gaming community have stood in utter defiance of your behaviour. They have decided it is their decision, not yours, whether they like DmC or not.

DMC(1-4) fans don't want a DmC : Devil May Cry 2.

The same DMC fans who DIDN'T buy the DMC HD collection. We can all see that the HD collection has not sold that many copies. You want to know why? Because DMC4 was abysimal. Many long time DMC fans didn't want the DMC4 Twilight story to continue. You want DMC5 because your a DMC4 fan. If you were a DMC fan, you wouldn't care which game continues, because neither of them are true sequels anyway. Yet you don't care about that because you are a Nero and Kyrie fan, nothing more.