By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Polygon Caught Lying About PS4 on Their Xbox One Stream

Kratos said:
Nsanity said:
bananaking21 said:
the amount of xbox fans in here defending polygon is amazing.

Do you even know what amount means?

Do you know what "just the fuck up" means?

touché...

Around the Network

Read this on reddit not to long ago. As a review site, you really throw your credibility away with incidents like this.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

........Wow.

what a fucking tool!

LivingMetal said:
pbroy said:
If I was getting harassed by someone from a website called furiousfanboys.com, I would block them too. You already know they have an agenda. You would think they were just trying to rile people up to make a name for themselves. Why would you want to help a site out like that, who wants to play you like a fool?

If you're wrong, you're wrong.  I don't blame anyone from blocking if being harassed, but this Jeremy person was doing nothing wrong, and Chris should have just admitted to the mistake.  So maybe Chris was the fool.

Edit: Chris called Jeremy "wierd" and a "creep" when all Jeremy was doing was asking if he had lied while backed himself with facts.  Go figure.

Calling someone a liar, a person you don't even know, the first thing you ever say to them, will not lead to a civil conversation. You have already put that person into defense mode and a reply to you may not be the most kind. Jeremy set the tone for this whole childish conversation. Yes, I do believe they both were childish.

Crhis apparently wanted to talk up the IR capabilities of the Xbox One, but then started comparing it to PS4 not having IR and generalized IR remotes into all remotes. He started talking without thinking. His tweet is true though. IR is not the same as HDMI-CEC. You will be able to use it on a certain type of TV. In HDMI-CEC you are pretty much using the TV to send signals back to the PS4 with the remote. You will lose that functionality if you take your PS4 with you somewhere else, since it requires the TV. If you had a truly independent IR remote, all you would need is the remote to take along. Want to take the PS4 in your car and hook it up to the car mounted monitors, you won't have access to that remote anymore. Don't believe me? Try it. That same Sony remote you were just using int he house will not work in your car monitor.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

loligon still playing on their old CRTs it seems

The conspiracy theories are running wild I see :). Spend less time thinking about uninteresting sites like Polygon, and more time playing your PS4/X1 :).

Meh its polygon. They seem to always be saying and doing stupid shit for recognition. Its not just them. But I wouldnt waste my time on that site.

SxyxS said:
guess why they gave killzone 50%
and will give titanfall 99%(they already know they will rate it that way)
There is a reason why xbox is successfull in english speaking countries but not in the rest.
We will see lots of that stuff in the future in the US/UK media(btw that also explains why a fake killzone trailer caused 10x more outrage than a noisy box with a 50% failure rate or a fake kinect presentation)

heavy tools will be needed to pull polygon presstitutes out of MS' ass to the sunlight of truth

I never understood how this didn't get more press attention.

Just don't read Polygon, some of what they come out with is good, but most of it is just nonsense

But even if many aren't informed (I've seen people suggesting that free online is a reason to get the PS4), you would hope that journalists would be informed and if they are wrong, take criticism