By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Polygon Caught Lying About PS4 on Their Xbox One Stream

Puppyroach said:
The conspiracy theories are running wild I see :). Spend less time thinking about uninteresting sites like Polygon, and more time playing your PS4/X1 :).

What theories?
Polygon had help from Microsoft
Polygon said those things and got confronted with the truth > That guy ignores it and still holds his completely wrong opinion.
If you can take such sites(reviewers and stuff) somehow serious then those are the ones at the bottom of credibility.
They try to turn everything against Sony and won't accept truth if you show it to them.

Of course the guy tweeting him attacked him but he attacked him with the truth.
Polygon Guy should have said "Sorry I/we were wrong" but he is completely ignoring facts.
And they do that a lot when it could be positive for Sony.

Around the Network

lol at the "lying"... Seriously some people need to get a huge break of the Internet...

Even if they are wrong or misinformed, calling them liars is just very disrespectful and a very insulting way to do it... There are many other ways to point out mistakes to someone than calling him like that. Also seeing how the PS4 fans are bashing him lately and become outraged whenever they say anything good about the Xbox One; it is another reason why to just block this idiot.

Oh and by the way, the remote support he is talking about is not the same, but who really care? right? This is not the issue here :)

SupBambiKing said:
Puppyroach said:
The conspiracy theories are running wild I see :). Spend less time thinking about uninteresting sites like Polygon, and more time playing your PS4/X1 :).

What theories?
Polygon said those things and got confronted with the truth > That guy ignores it and still holds his completely wrong opinion.
If you can take such sites(reviewers and stuff) somehow serious then those are the ones at the bottom of credibility.
They try to turn everything against Sony and won't accept truth if you show it to them.

Polygon Guy should have said "Sorry I/we were wrong" but he is completely ignoring facts.

Getting insulted by some random PS4 fan does not deserve a "Sorry blah blah blah" esp. when we all know what is the general issue with PS4 hard fans out there and Polygon, he was so right to just block him lol. GG :)

Imaginedvl said:
lol at the "lying"... Seriously some people need to get a huge break of the Internet...

Even if they are wrong or misinformed, calling them liars is just very disrespectful and a very insulting way to do it... There are many other ways to point out mistakes to someone than calling him like that. Also seeing how the PS4 fans are bashing him lately and become outraged whenever they say anything good about the Xbox One; it is another reason why to just block this idiot.

Oh and by the way, the remote support he is talking about is not the same, but who really care? right? This is not the issue here :)

I agree that the way he confronted him was ill done.

However, Grant's response was not that good either. HDMI-CEC has been around since before 2007. Saying you can't use remotes on ps4 is wrong. You can't praise a strength of a competitor when the difference doesn't really exist. "grandma doesn't want to use a controller". Cool. She can use a remote on ps4 so long as the tv she has is from the last 7 years or so.

SupBambiKing said:
Puppyroach said:

What theories?

Well, they were trying too ignore a guy that is a jerk obviously. Assuming they were lying (which point too intent) and typing LYING with big, bold letters are the very signs of a person who has already made up his mind about what the truth is. Why answer a person like that? I would say the guy at Polygon didn´t handle it well, but that doesn´t mean they are minions to MS. Honestly, I believe MS could care less about these small sites but again, this makes a good conspiracy theory :).

Around the Network

That piece of shit..lolol

Imaginedvl said:

The real issue here, is this guy Jeremy just got butt hurt because the Polygon guy blocked him. Well guess what? It was the reaction he was waiting for. This was his break into the limelight. Make an article about it, rile up the internet and promote his website. I guarantee you he isn't even mad right now. This was the shot he was looking for and he took it. He is secretly thanking Polygon, while sympathizers are talking this up and loving it. Fuck... now I just made myself jealous. Why can't I be famous like this guy? My dream is to get 1000 degrees on N4G... 

ohhh wait... I did!!!

http://n4g.com/news/279924/star-ocean-iv-game-informer-review-scan

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=60855

Thanks Mirson!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

..... that's what you guys are pissed at? xbox got slammed for tv features, you guys are pissed over a remote control? Shouldn't you guys be pissed about ps4's crappy games?

Moderated - Kresnik.

I don't see where he was lying.

It doesn't work on his TV presumably, while the Xbox One's remote presumably does.

So it's a problem, and an issue. Just not as big of one as he thought.

I mean... what, people wanted him to bring his console to a dozen different tvs to see if the remotes work with any of them, due to a technical aspect of a tv he likely didn't even know existed?

I'll never get the console fan mindset.  Seems like all kinds of stress and persecution complex with no benefits.

Somini said:

Anyone really surprised!?

See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcCbL63l50M

I learned something new. Thanks