By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FAST Racing NEO powered by 2nd generation engine for Wii U supports and uses 4k-8k textures

Pemalite said:
megafenix said:

now contradicting yourself ha?

use logic dude

wii u gpu and edram same die

xbox 360 rops and edra same die

if the wii u gpu and the edra were on separate dies, then yes, there should be an external bus, but since they are in the sae die, no, the gpu has full access to the edram bandwidth

thats all you need

options 

1024 bits, 4096 bits, 8192 bits for 32 egabytes

renesas says the best technology

shinen says lots of bandwidth thats even scary

1024 bits doesnt fit since doesnt give much bandwidth, its only double of the 512 bits of gamecube, and its not even o the xbox 360 4096 bits edram

minium believeable is 4096 bits to make ports even possible, the logical choice is 8192 bits which gives you 563GB/s with the forula with have passed here ad neoga and byond3d forums

Eh. No point dragging this out farther, it's clear your opinion isn't going to change nor would you admit you're wrong anyway.

The Xbox 360's eDRAM wasn't always on the same die, it was on the same package, not die.
Later as a cost reduction measure, Microsoft moved the eDRAM on-die.

Won't be replying after this, I have other things to do.

Pema is right, it was on the same package, they moved it to on-die after redesign and it ended up being faster so they had to gimp it down. Wii U is on-die to start with so it doesn't have the same problems. Stop arguing with him on this one.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
megafenix said:

now contradicting yourself ha?

use logic dude

wii u gpu and edram same die

xbox 360 rops and edra same die

if the wii u gpu and the edra were on separate dies, then yes, there should be an external bus, but since they are in the sae die, no, the gpu has full access to the edram bandwidth

thats all you need

options 

1024 bits, 4096 bits, 8192 bits for 32 egabytes

renesas says the best technology

shinen says lots of bandwidth thats even scary

1024 bits doesnt fit since doesnt give much bandwidth, its only double of the 512 bits of gamecube, and its not even o the xbox 360 4096 bits edram

minium believeable is 4096 bits to make ports even possible, the logical choice is 8192 bits which gives you 563GB/s with the forula with have passed here ad neoga and byond3d forums

Eh. No point dragging this out farther, it's clear your opinion isn't going to change nor would you admit you're wrong anyway.

The Xbox 360's eDRAM wasn't always on the same die, it was on the same package, not die.
Later as a cost reduction measure, Microsoft moved the eDRAM on-die.

Won't be replying after this, I have other things to do.

yep, no pint at all, its clear that even if you have the evidence on your face and deny it, then your intentions are not to uncover the truth

yep, the 360 gpu and edram where on the saje package, not die

but

the xbox  rops where on the same die with the edram

here, check it yourself

http://meseec.ce.rit.edu/551-projects/spring2012/2-4.pdf

"

Supportfor a superset ofDirectX 9.0c APIDirectX Xbox 360, and Shader Model 3.0+

• 500 MHz, 10 MiB daughter embeddedDRAM (at 256GB/s)framebuffer on 90 nm, 80 nm(since 2008) or 65nm(since 2010).

NEC designed eDRAM die includes additional logic (192 parallel pixel processors)for color, alpha compositing, Z/stencil buffering, and anti‐aliasing called

“Intelligent Memory”, giving developers 4‐sample anti‐aliasing at very little performance cost.

– 105million transistors

– 8 RenderOutput units

"

You do know whats a Render Output Unit I suppose right?

"

The one key area of bandwidth, that has caused a fair quantity of controversy in its inclusion of specifications, is that of bandwidth available from the ROPS to the eDRAM, which stands at 256GB/s. The eDRAM is always going to be the primary location for any of the bandwidth intensive frame buffer operations and so it is specifically designed to remove the frame buffer memory bandwidth bottleneck - additionally, Z and colour access patterns tend not to be particularly optimal for traditional DRAM controllers where they are frequent read/write penalties, so by placing all of these operations in the eDRAM daughter die, aside from the system calls, this leaves the system memory bus free for texture and vertex data fetches which are both read only and are therefore highly efficient. Of course, with 10MB of frame buffer space available this isn't sufficient to fit the entire frame buffer in with 4x FSAA enabled at High Definition resolutions and we'll cover how this is handled later in the article.

"

so, the same applies for wii u gpu and edram since are in the same die, just like xbox rops and the edram where in the same die

read the article dude

fatslob-:O said:
megafenix said:

sorry dude, is not my english, is the keyboard taht is not working properly thanks to my cat

the laugh on you actually

there is no external bus, is direct connection

wii u gpu has direct access to the edram bandwidth just like the xbox rops had full access to the edram of 256gb/s

1024bits doesnt figure as an option for many reasons

1.- gamecube was 512 bits, after more than a decade and only 1024?

2.- 1024 bits doesnt even give the bandwidth i can obtain with just 4 megabytes of the old embedded memory of gamecube

3.- ports would be impossible since the ain ram doesnt hafve uch bandwidth

4.-1024 bits is not renesas latest technology, its 8192 bits

5.- 1024 bits doesnt give you tremendous bandwidth as shinen prices wii u edra, in fact even falls short to todays standrads, even copared to main ram

no, miniu has to be 4096 bits to ake ports even possible, but is very likely to be 8192 bits according to renesas,. shinen, and others

if i need to learn grammar, you need serious schooling on math basics and logic

Who cares if the WII U has direct access to eDRAM. The more important part is the external bandwidth of the WII U which is limited. 32MB is jack shit for the most part. 

@Bold You still haven't answered my double integral question. Find the definite integral for the term 2x + 2y and integrate from boundries -1 to 1 for both variables otherwise you ain't qualified for engineer material. 

LOL WHAT? They are both important, you can't think of it as the same thing as a PC to start with, if you look at how the circuit is laid out on the Wii U, then you'd know that all the memory are very close together so it's good for fast fetching and plenty for it to work with the 32MB eDRAM after compression is involved.

FrancisNobleman said:

This doesn't mean that shin'en won't exaggerate the WII Us performance. 

They are 3 guys. Not bought like other companies. They surely enjoy maximizing NIntendo's hardware for some years now. You're the one exaggerating.

But oh well, history tells me that you won't last long in this site son =)

It doesn't matter whether their brought out or not, they obviously have some agenda.

History tells me that you didn't know how to do math LOL. I wonder how hard figuring out the pixel output of the WII U was ? The ones who are uneducated will continue to fear and I obviously abide by the rules. 

FrancisNobleman said:

They are 3 guys. Not bought like other companies. They surely enjoy maximizing NIntendo's hardware for some years now. You're the one exaggerating.

It doesn't matter whether their brought out or not, they obviously have some agenda.

History tells me that you didn't know how to do math LOL. I wonder how hard figuring out the pixel output of the WII U was ? The ones who are uneducated will continue to fear and I obviously abide by the rules. 

quite the arguent of the guy who didnt know how to calculate bandwidth and had to be shooled

quite the argument who jumps to conclusions like the wiiu edram bandwidth without bases to back it up

quite the arguiment for someone who needs the same schooling over and over by shines sae comments

quite the argumment who doesnt want to admit defeat when he has clearly been  beaten

quite the argument of someone with a clear agenda to troll the wiiu hardware and cant even do a better job than what reggie does in his work

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Who cares if the WII U has direct access to eDRAM. The more important part is the external bandwidth of the WII U which is limited. 32MB is jack shit for the most part. 

32MB of eDRAM is not jack shit. It's very useful. 360 for example, only had 10MB.

With Wii U's eDRAM it won't be  taken up entirely by the framebuffer, so it can also be used for intermediate framebuffer captures, as a fast scratch memory for some CPU intense work and for other GPU memory writes.

And Wii U's main memory is not as cripplingly slow as you imply. If it was, it wouldn't have been able to pull off a fast-travelling open world game like Need for Speed Most Wanted while pushing out higher resolution textures and more reflections than the PS3/360 versions

Remember, the "It can do more with less" phrase. The WII U will probably run some modern efficient algorithm to achieve those affects. Relax, there will be more important parts of the WII U such as it's modern architecture and that's the real advantage with the WII U. 

I still wonder if the eDRAM implementation is similar to intel iris pro 5200. 

curl-6 said:

32MB of eDRAM is not jack shit. It's very useful. 360 for example, only had 10MB.

With Wii U's eDRAM it won't be  taken up entirely by the framebuffer, so it can also be used for intermediate framebuffer captures, as a fast scratch memory for some CPU intense work and for other GPU memory writes.

And Wii U's main memory is not as cripplingly slow as you imply. If it was, it wouldn't have been able to pull off a fast-travelling open world game like Need for Speed Most Wanted while pushing out higher resolution textures and more reflections than the PS3/360 versions

Remember, the "It can do more with less" phrase. The WII U will probably run some modern efficient algorithm to achieve those affects. Relax, there will be more important parts of the WII U such as it's modern architecture and that's the real advantage with the WII U. 

I still wonder if the eDRAM implementation is similar to intel iris pro 5200. 

relax, if it looks like this then no

if it looks like this then yes

dahuman said:

LOL WHAT? They are both important, you can't think of it as the same thing as a PC to start with, if you look at how the circuit is laid out on the Wii U, then you'd know that all the memory are very close together so it's good for fast fetching and plenty for it to work with the 32MB eDRAM after compression is involved.

What's even more important is the main memory bandwidth in WII Us case. What's the problem with it thinking that it's like a PC ? All next gen consoles are literally dumbed down PCs much like the PS360 was. Fast fetching is nice and all but if I want to access a massive amount of textures ? (Something that is fairly limited by the main memory bandwidth.) Compression can only take you so far. 

megafenix said:

relax, if it looks like this then no

if it looks like this then yes

Didn't you get exposed by Pemalite ? If I were I would drop the talk and move on to another thread. 

megafenix said:
FrancisNobleman said:

quite the arguent of the guy who didnt know how to calculate bandwidth and had to be shooled

quite the argument who jumps to conclusions like the wiiu edram bandwidth without bases to back it up

quite the arguiment for someone who needs the same schooling over and over by shines sae comments

quite the argumment who doesnt want to admit defeat when he has clearly been  beaten

quite the argument of someone with a clear agenda to troll the wiiu hardware and cant even do a better job than what reggie does in his work

Wow I really pity you then. Your obsessing another man over the internet so much that I got you to hate me LOL. Damn you must of got mind bended so much by me and pemalite LMAO. 

Still haven't answered my math question yet ?