By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bing on Xbox One is awesome and I did not even know!

bananaking21 said:
Fusioncode said:
Microsoft sure does promote Star Trek Into Darkness a lot.

i thought the same thing, is there a reason for that?

marketing rights.  MS isn't allowed to show off content they don't own without "express written concent" or there is at least a potential to have a lawsuit.  MS obviously got permission for start trek into darkness from the copyright owner and therefore they can use that material.  since it is probably a fair amount of work to get express written concent they are likely to reuse the same content over and over again rather than go through the process to get a variety of other content.

..besides, star trek is awesome. 

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
That is pretty dope but the Hyrb calling Star Trek Star Trak isn't.

I don't think he even plays games.

I guess that's, kind of, cool...

Maybe I'm just not ready for the "future" yet. I'd rather do my searching on my laptop, and my gaming on my console. Oh isn't ignorance bliss...

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

I have a hard time believing it will work THAT good from the get-go, but I will easily use it :). X1 just gets better with each announcement.

The point at which the whole saying things in a more natural way thing lost its credibility: Xbox, Bing...

Kidding, looks neat, would still prefer to see the kinect demoed in a less controlled environment.

Around the Network

Does Bing work with a silver account or is it behind the paywall?

kitler53 said:
bananaking21 said:
Fusioncode said:
Microsoft sure does promote Star Trek Into Darkness a lot.

i thought the same thing, is there a reason for that?

marketing rights.  MS isn't allowed to show off content they don't own without "express written concent" or there is at least a potential to have a lawsuit.  MS obviously got permission for start trek into darkness from the copyright owner and therefore they can use that material.  since it is probably a fair amount of work to get express written concent they are likely to reuse the same content over and over again rather than go through the process to get a variety of other content.

..besides, star trek is awesome. 

This dude ain't lying 

DerNebel said:

The point at which the whole saying things in a more natural way thing lost its credibility: Xbox, Bing...

Kidding, looks neat, would still prefer to see the kinect demoed in a less controlled environment.

agreed, and the embargo that allowed pepole to demo ryse but not use the kinnect features while doing so was eyebrow raising to say the least..........but maybe that could be ruled out to them worrying about the people's lack of experience with it potentially making it look not functional.

Like if you tell I guy down, forward, punch is how you cheese with ryu but they fail at a simple thing because of unfamiliarity and proceed to preach that they got the wrong info and it doesn't work, blah blah blah......We all know how a minor hick up can gt overblown nowadays.

Probably won't see any average demo's untill the box is out.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

sounds cool I guess, I have that function in my phone and I never use it, I think some people will like it thou

petroleo said:
sounds cool I guess, I have that function in my phone and I never use it, I think some people will like it thou

wich phone? everything I've used with voice comands very rarley get what I say correctly.

"call anna" has them calling dad for instance........for that reason I tend to ignore voice comand fetures. So with experience I am skeptical to say the least about how smooth this is, I already know the 1st comand I will say: "I want to download killer instinct"

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)