By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Reviews ETA 30 mins! Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf and more!!!

pokoko said:

That there is a major argument over launch games is kind of awesome. It's fun to watch.

My personal opinion? Metacritic doesn't decide what I want to play--I decide what I want to play.   Neither 2D fighters or zombie horde games interest me but sci-fi FPS games do.  That means that the PS4 launch is probably better for me.  The exact opposite might be true for someone else.

Trying to pin down the "best" launch as some kind of absolute fact is ridiculous.

hence why i got anouyed that my use of averages to point out "so look, the launches are pretty much the friggin same" ended up being used in the "hurdur better gaymz" arguments.

Around the Network

I really find it cool that the only launch exclusive to score above 80, is a free game lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

DD_Bwest said:
I really find it cool that the only launch exclusive to score above 80, is a free game lol

It is kind of odd, keep in mind Forza and Ryse still have a chance. If that still remains true that'll be insane. lol

DD_Bwest said:

points for being free? :D

guys i know crimson dragon isnt getting good reviews but it needs to sell well so we can get a phantom dust 2 (no conformation that the game will be made but theres a better chance if this game does well that ms would want to work with him again)

Around the Network

A small padded room at the local mental institution has been reserved for me, just in case I lose my sanity when I see Forza 5's Metascore on Wednesday morning.

As long as the retail titles stay in the 70's ill be happy for the rest i don't care and for KI i don't trust these people reviewing a fighting game for me.

DD_Bwest said:

And an Indie game no less.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Azerth said:
guys i know crimson dragon isnt getting good reviews but it needs to sell well so we can get a phantom dust 2 (no conformation that the game will be made but theres a better chance if this game does well that ms would want to work with him again)

Penny Arcade have implied (full info not out yet) that Crimson Dragon's microtransaction system is terrible

From there article

"Crimson Dragon is going to be its own story, because my God… they’re trying to sell you a free-to-play game for $20, and it’s pretty despicable. I don’t often walk away from games because I find the monetization so galling, but this time I put the controller down in disgust after a few hours. That’s just not an experience I want to have, and we’ll talk more about that in another story."

So I really want to hear more about this.

jlmurph2 said:
DakonBlackblade said:
jlmurph2 said:
Seece said:
ghettoglamour said:
Lococycle has a better score than Knack? Well fuck me, then. Hilarious.

I think Knack deserved to score higher, it certainly looks better than Lococycle.

People knew what to expect with this $20 Twisted Pixel game, a $60 AAA launch title was supposed to be better than what Knack was.

Thats the thign Knack was never an AAA game, Cerny was pretty upfront about it. Its probably a fun game but ultimately meh. Im more concerned with the fact that were going into a very big game drought, nothing comming for either system till next year after launch, if you ask me Id say both companys rushed the launch and it botched the launch line ups a bit, it couldve been a lot better, with Second Son, Drive Club for PS4, a complete KI for One and Watch Dogs for Both (probably even more stuf for both realy).

Ok well let me rephrase that. A $60 RETAIL GAME. But yes we know they rushed the systems to have them out for Christmas. It makes a difference which one has good enough games to hold us off until 2014.

Thas the 360 or the PS3, neither the One or the PS4 have enought decent games to hold us ogg until 2014.