By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Reviews ETA 30 mins! Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf and more!!!

The differences are minimal, just because one is higher resolution than the other does not instantly mean it should score better.

If that were true then the difference between a pc game getting a 7 or an 8 would be down to the reviewers monitor rather than the gameplay and quite frankly thats bullshit.

Is it nice to have? Yes
Is it a reason to score differently? No.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
The differences are minimal, just because one is higher resolution than the other does not instantly mean it should score better.

If that were true then the difference between a pc game getting a 7 or an 8 would be down to the reviewers monitor rather than the gameplay and quite frankly thats bullshit.

Is it nice to have? Yes
Is it a reason to score differently? No.

I actually agree, but it will effect the scores once the reviews come in, telling ya now. Just look at the lowest scoring COD review on X1 it references the fact its the crapper version thus the crapper score.

Just goes to show how pointless comparing average review scores really is to be honest. Game, Genre and graphical quality preference will not be affected by review averages. 

Where is the Xbox One hardware review, should be out by now, right?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Where is the Xbox One hardware review, should be out by now, right?

That embargo is lifted at like 9pm pt

Yeah that's what I thought too, tonight. Tooooniiiight, is your night broooooo!!!

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think some of the BF4 and CoD footage actually looked better on the XO than the PS4. The difference looks really marginal and decent TV settings can make a fucking huge difference in picture quality, sharpness and the color setting. Thereare so many options on modern TVs it's ridiculous.