By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everyone is Always Trying To Sabotage Sony

EdHieron said:
mhsillen said:
EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:
Oh my god that last paragraph is hilarious. I want you to name ONE THING innovative that Sony didn't copy from Nintendo or MS's hardware the last 7 years.

Being the console that delivers the cutting edge in interactive expriences and almost cinematic level gaming.

Nintendo has always stressed kiddie Family faire and Microsoft tried to be about hardcore PC type gaming on a console for their first six years, but then decided they just wanted to be about watching ESPN on your console, releasing half-butted attempts to reclaim the few past glories they had ie. a new Halo every year yawn , and trying to follow Nintendo down the motion control fad highway.

Fixed your inaccurate comment.  Sony makes movies instead of games.  Rather just use netflix

Sony doesn't make movies.  Movies last about 2 and a half hours tops and are over with before you truely have time to really get invested in the characters and stories.  Quite a different thing from interactive storytelling where you have a good 20 to 40 hours or more to become invested in the characters and storylines and the worlds they inhabit plus aside from that the best Sony shooters irregardless of KSF's crappy review scores hold their own with the best shooters on any other console ( as I'm sure KSF does as well ), Sony's platformers invole you in more than 2-D and the Mushroom Kingdom with each outing, and Sony rules the action adventure genre.  When was the last time Microsoft had a decent action adventure game?

I have no idea what Sony game you've played thats 20 to 40 hours or more. Killzone is just another shooter, its just pretty. People will keep trying to say its going to "crush Halo" but it will never happen. KZSF didn't do anything to evolve the shooter genre. Knack is a horrible platformer that's just a beat em up too complicated for kids. Which will never put it on par with a Mario game. Sony rules the renter's genre, games that you'll play once and send it back.

Around the Network
dane007 said:
To OP what has sony innovated that very original? Sony has copied everyone. Its called competition and you learn from competitors to make a good product. Theres nothing wrong with that. If you say MS copied Sony then sony copied the cover based system implemented in gears of war for their unchartered since Gears of war came out first. See what i did there lol. Stop being butt hurt adn enjoy teh competition. Sony, ms and nintendo wouldn't be what they are now , if it weren't competition. Gamers alike should be thankful for these competition . Just look xbox gamers have free games on xbox live thanks to sony doing that for psn plus members .

MS didnt make Gears of War though Epic games did. So if anything Sony copied Epic Games

Also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_system

Gears was not the first game to do this.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

archbrix said:
Seriously, what is your obsession with Dave Halverson? I mean, I used to read Gamefan and I have nothing against E Storm, but it's not like he is the be-all end-all of gaming journalism.

Sure he is.  And that's why his scores are quite often at odds with the majority.  I don't have a Playstation 4 and I only have $8.59 to my name with no foreseeable cash windfalls headed my way in the foreseeable future, so I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to get a Playstation 4 and Knack, if I could I'd buy it and review the game myself.  But I'm sure that a Halverson review would still confirm what I already know and give credence to the fact that "Knack" is in actuality a 9 or 10 and that all of its detractors are wrong.

NightDragon83 said:
Seems like more people these days are trying to sabotage M$ rather than Sony... including M$ themselves!

And stop it with this blind love affair for "Knack". Just because a game features a new IP/story/character/whatever doesn't automatically make it a good game that everyone should blindly run out and buy just because. I've seen three separate reviews now that all panned the game for its repetitive, lackluster gameplay, uneven difficulty and boring design, among other flaws.

And ironically the only other major launch exclusive the PS4 has is yet another ultraviolent FPS that Sony fans have no problem picking up because it's pretty looking and it's on their system, while they continue knocking the FPS genre and its fans in general for being mindless zombies that buy the same games over and over again with no innovation. There's nothing innovative about KZ: Shadow Fall.

I don't disagree, but let's be realistic, this has been the case with a lot of indie games in recent years. There's a difference between being creative/having an imagination and just flat-out being distastefully random, masqueraded as some once in a lifetime heartfelt experience.

Limbo, I'm talking to you.

dane007 said:
To OP what has sony innovated that very original? Sony has copied everyone. Its called competition and you learn from competitors to make a good product. Theres nothing wrong with that. If you say MS copied Sony then sony copied the cover based system implemented in gears of war for their unchartered since Gears of war came out first. See what i did there lol. Stop being butt hurt adn enjoy teh competition. Sony, ms and nintendo wouldn't be what they are now , if it weren't competition. Gamers alike should be thankful for these competition . Just look xbox gamers have free games on xbox live thanks to sony doing that for psn plus members .

Actually Gears copied it's cover system from kill.switch and almost everything else from Resident Evil 4, Halo, Mercenaries, and Final Fantasy X ( that one puzzle sequence on the moving platform) and its color scheme from the xbox 360 itself white, green, and red.  Just saying.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
EdHieron said:
mhsillen said:
EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:
Oh my god that last paragraph is hilarious. I want you to name ONE THING innovative that Sony didn't copy from Nintendo or MS's hardware the last 7 years.

Being the console that delivers the cutting edge in interactive expriences and almost cinematic level gaming.

Nintendo has always stressed kiddie Family faire and Microsoft tried to be about hardcore PC type gaming on a console for their first six years, but then decided they just wanted to be about watching ESPN on your console, releasing half-butted attempts to reclaim the few past glories they had ie. a new Halo every year yawn , and trying to follow Nintendo down the motion control fad highway.

Fixed your inaccurate comment.  Sony makes movies instead of games.  Rather just use netflix

Sony doesn't make movies.  Movies last about 2 and a half hours tops and are over with before you truely have time to really get invested in the characters and stories.  Quite a different thing from interactive storytelling where you have a good 20 to 40 hours or more to become invested in the characters and storylines and the worlds they inhabit plus aside from that the best Sony shooters irregardless of KSF's crappy review scores hold their own with the best shooters on any other console ( as I'm sure KSF does as well ), Sony's platformers invole you in more than 2-D and the Mushroom Kingdom with each outing, and Sony rules the action adventure genre.  When was the last time Microsoft had a decent action adventure game?

I have no idea what Sony game you've played thats 20 to 40 hours or more. Killzone is just another shooter, its just pretty. People will keep trying to say its going to "crush Halo" but it will never happen. KZSF didn't do anything to evolve the shooter genre. Knack is a horrible platformer that's just a beat em up too complicated for kids. Which will never put it on par with a Mario game. Sony rules the renter's genre, games that you'll play once and send it back.

Uncharted:  Drakes Fortune's single player adventure lasted a good 20 hours or more.  Gears was about 10 at most.

EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:
EdHieron said:
mhsillen said:
EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:

Uncharted:  Drakes Fortune's single player adventure lasted a good 20 hours or more.  Gears was about 10 at most.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/uncharted-2-game-length-vs-uncharted-drakes-fortune.192503553/ I see not one person here going over 15.

EdHieron said:
archbrix said:
Seriously, what is your obsession with Dave Halverson? I mean, I used to read Gamefan and I have nothing against E Storm, but it's not like he is the be-all end-all of gaming journalism.

Sure he is.  And that's why his scores are quite often at odds with the majority.  I don't have a Playstation 4 and I only have $8.59 to my name with no foreseeable cash windfalls headed my way in the foreseeable future, so I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to get a Playstation 4 and Knack, if I could I'd buy it and review the game myself.  But I'm sure that a Halverson review would still confirm what I already know and give credence to the fact that "Knack" is in actuality a 9 or 10 and that all of its detractors are wrong.

If you haven't played Knack, how do you know that the game is actually worthy of a 9 or 10?

Another question:  What would you say if Halverson reviewed Knack and gave it a mediocre score?  I'm curious to know if you'd then admit that Knack is indeed flawed or would Halverson have suffered a lapse in his infallibility?

EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:
EdHieron said:
mhsillen said:
EdHieron said:
jlmurph2 said:

" Of more concern were gameplay issues, including overall gameplay length being rather short, with reviewers completing the game in anywhere from six to ten hours,"
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted:_Drake%27s_Fortune

@Kratos i was trying to point the OP flaws because uncharted series is far from orignal. Plus uncharted is not sony but naughty dog game yet OP claims its sony right ;) . In that instance i would be right for Gears of war :P Its mechanics is a copy of multiple games such as tomb raider
@ OP: I know that . Same with Uncharted. It copies mechanics from alot of games such as Tomb raider , gears of war and kill switch (the cover base system) just saying :D. Nothing from Uncharted is original. Don't get me wrong .. the game is fun to play and will be looking forward teh fourth installment on the ps4. However claiming its orignal is ludacrous.