By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon suppresses PS4 sales; DOA systems may be at fault

Apparently the overheating issue was not a particular case. These French fellas experienced it at Gamekyo(?).

Around the Network

You need to start using words and having some kind of point behind your posts, Goats.

Somini said:

Stop flooding the thread with the same thing over and over. You're posting a couple of minutes within each other in the hopes that the thread gets more posts and exposure on the site, since you obviously don't like the other news in the headlines at the moment.

Typical behaviour of someone always pointing to other camp being fanboys! Oh and would you look at your sig. Need i say more? Anecdotal evidence is not acceptable evidence, unless you have an agenda of course, which is clear as day in your case. Awaiting your reply in which you tell me to ''calm down''

Anecdotal evidence- non-scientific observations or studies, which do not provide proof but may assist research efforts.

Evidence- something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign.

This thread is about DOA systems and other problems plaguing them.

I contribute by sharing videos that I found yesterday and today.

What are you contributing with your comment?

Goatseye said:
Somini said:

Stop flooding the thread with the same thing over and over. You're posting a couple of minutes within each other in the hopes that the thread gets more posts and exposure on the site, since you obviously don't like the other news in the headlines at the moment.

Typical behaviour of someone always pointing to other camp being fanboys! Oh and would you look at your sig. Need i say more? Anecdotal evidence is not acceptable evidence, unless you have an agenda of course, which is clear as day in your case. Awaiting your reply in which you tell me to ''calm down''

Anecdotal evidence- non-scientific observations or studies, which do not provide proof but may assist research efforts.

Evidence- something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign.

This thread is about DOA systems and other problems plaguing them.

I contribute by sharing videos that I found yesterday and today.

What are you contributing with your comment?

You're contributing? Didn't you read what the MOD is telling you?

Torillian said:
You need to start using words and having some kind of point behind your posts, Goats.

I just wanted to get the videos out of the way and comment on the problems plaguing the system.

It maybe informative to new owners. Maybe they can spot what's being done wrong.

Around the Network

Some folks are trading their broken ones at nearest Sony stores. If yours start having problems don't hesitate on demanding a trade but that's only if you're lucky. I don't believe there's enough PS4s to be traded at all their stores.

Noone should gloat on the ps4 issues. It's not funny when someone spends money on something and it breaks. I had trod on 360 and it was a bad issue.

What I am surprised by is the amount of users posting issues of overheating and having to wait 45 mins to play again. Alot more are saying about the overheatng. It happened twice last night whenwe were playing battlefield 4 . It sounds like a vacuum cleaner in overdrive when trying to cool down. Like twice as loud as the original 360 on its loudest.

The slim model will be much better though.

I will have to give it a 5/5 on amazon then. My brother and I both received fine systems... I wonder if it really was a sabotaged batch that Amazon got...

Using the word "plague" assumes that this is a widespread issue that is causing an unacceptably high number of consoles to be experiencing problems. The system just launched 1 million in North America alone within 24 hours. Failures on consoles happen. When you have a million of them out in the wild already, expect some issues. Unless these failures start getting anywhere near the RROD issues of the Xbox 360, using hyperbole to sensationalize hardware problems is really just showing a bias desire for this to be a bigger problem than it is. Information sharing is a lot more rampant on the internet than it was 8 years ago. When people get upset about something they take to the internet and cry about it. The ones who will be the loudest are the ones who had a problem with their console. No one I know who bought a PS4 has had these problems so far. Either personally or the people I met here.

There is no doubt a number of machines with a problem, but with 1 million in sales that is approximately 30-60k of dead/broken machines. This is using the normal 3-6% issues.

So do we think that this 30-60k, wouldn't create any videos online or post posts.... now of course i hope problems decrease, because it's not nice for someone to receive a dead unit, but that doesn't mean there is a serious issue at all.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!