By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo 3DS: 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide by end of 2013? Don't be surprised.

Taking a break from the very fun UNITY thread for a moment, i'm just gonna come out with this prediction right quick.

Nintendo 3DS. 50 million MAXIMUM worldwide. By December 31, 2013.

Cutting it close I know. I usually like to get WAY ahead of the end period before making a prediction.
But the number I chose should stir up some argument.

That's what I saw.
I saw 50 million as a possibility for 3DS for the end of the year.

The funny thing is...what if it goes ABOVE that?

Discuss.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Around the Network

how can something sell 14 million units in a month and a half?

I love Nintendo and I always want them to succeed and be the very best but that number... are you crazy? Its at 37 million right now and its almost December... The last key system seller that is coming out for the 3ds this year is Legend of Zelda and that is it... There is no way it will be able to sell 50 million let alone above, at most it will sell 45 million if its lucky... Even if you count the 2ds sales

The 3ds has to literily start selling 2.3 MILLION/WEEK starting from Sunday

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I don't think they have that many units on the shelves, so yeah, it's not going over 50. At most 45 millions.

Nintendo would be lucky if they sell 3 million during the next month and a half so maybe 40 by next year.  With ps4 and xbone out, not very likely to get pass 5million.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

how can something sell 14 million units in a month and a half?

An extremely rich kid buys 10 million 3DSes, you just have to believe.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Ouroboros24 said:

Nintendo would be lucky if they sell 3 million during the next month and a half so maybe 40 by next year.  With ps4 and xbone out, not very likely to get pass 5million.

Are you kidding me? 3DS going to sell way over 5mil more this year, Do you think 3DS is going to bomb?  3DS is most likely going to outsell X1+PS4 combine this holiday!!!

3DS is selling 400k a week for the first two weeks of holiday, lets say they keep 400k a week, every week intill years end... thats 3.2mil right there cuz its 8 weeks remaining. Do you honestly see 3DS not getting a boost at all???? REALLY???

$399 and $499 consoles in very low stock will not outsell a $129/$169 handheld. 3DS is the top dog of the industry this gen so far and I highly doubt PS4 will affect its sales. It's common logic. 

geddie221 said:

$399 and $499 consoles in very low stock will not outsell a $129/$169 handheld. 3DS is the top dog of the industry this gen so far and I highly doubt PS4 will affect its sales. It's common logic. 

this and the library is crazy good this holiday. If you bought a 3DS or 2DS where would you even start with? pokemon? Mario? Luigi? Fire Emblem? So much to choose from

Ouroboros24 said:

PS4/XB1 are not going to drastically effect 3DS sales.

It's currently selling 400,000 units a week and it's at 36.5m the week ending Nov 2.  Even if sales were to drop slightly in the next couple of weeks, they're going to be through the roof for the last half of November and through December.  

While it won't reach 50m, it'll finish well above 40m by the end of the year, without question.