By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update: Sony announcing game set in space, might be a new or old IP. Naughty Dog game hinted?

My guess is that we'll see a teaser tonight for Colony Wars and that it's being developed by Naughty Dog.

Around the Network

Blasto

There is nothing here that suggests it is an old franchise. Probably ND's game. 

Transcript: 

Kevin: Ooh. I know a spoiler

Emily: I heard something was happening Thursday

Kevin: I got a little inside secret

Kevin: About a certain franchise that Sony has

Emily: Is this going to be announced on Thursday because I heard a thing that might be announced Thursday

Kevin: Is it about one of Sony’s favourite franchises?

Emily: Hmm-hmm.

Kevin: Is this an area we have charted before in our discussion?

Emily: <laughs> <claps>

Brian: Are we talking about ‘Bandipoop’?

Kevin: Yep! That’s what we’re talking about.

Kevin/Emily: <Laughs>

Kevin: You’ve heard about it?

Emily: I actually ran into a guy on the street last night who was talking to me about it but that was the first I’d heard of it was this random guy on the street.

Kevin: I think I can reveal...I’m trying to remember what I can say...because once this kitten lept out of the bag, once the jack in the box popped out - ‘oh I can’t wait to talk about that’. But now I don’t know if I can. 

Emily: You’re really giving everyone blue balls right now.

Kevin: Yeah...umm...some people were talking about space. Space, I’m gonna say that. Did you like Gravity? I love space. That’s all I need to say on that one.

Rafux said:
Blasto

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one thinkng this.

Colony wars + New Sony Virtual Reality tech, Geoff said something about Sony R&D in a tweet recently

Around the Network

Anything other than Crash Bandicoot will be a gigantic disappointment and anyone hyping it up should be ashamed of themselves.

Edit -

Actually, thinking about it...

:O :O :O :O :O

Resistance has something space-ish :3 please be resistance please be resistance please be resistance!!!!!!!

for a real space game I think we have to go back to the PS1.

Never seen colony wars before, looks like it could be really great with updated graphics.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Wright said:

Zone of Enders, perhaps, since Kojima hinted something huge for Ps4.

Yup, this is what I'm thinking.

Omega Boost or Colony Wars.  Psygnosis was trademarked a short while back so more than likely it's Colony Wars. 

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/01/sony-trademarks-psygnosis-see-the-filing-here/