By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Can Explain Sonic Lost World's Poor Sales

Tagged games:

_crazy_man_ said:
Salnax said:
It had reviews nearly as bad as Sonic 06. Therefore, its week one sales were only slightly higher.

I think its fairly simple.

The game is average but no where near Sonic 06 levels of bad.

The game got a 62 on Metacritic. Granted, that's about 15 points higher than Sonic 06, but below 70 or so, a lot of scores start looking similar in the eyes of consumers.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Sonic Secret Rings FW (USA)-43k
Sonic Unleashed FW (USA)-37k
Sonic Black Knight FW (USA)-24k
Sonic Colors FW (USA)-50k
Sonic Lost World FW (USA)-28k

Its not doing as bad as u think

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said:
No marketing + bad reviews + small install base = weak sales.
Not exactly rocket science.

Pretty much this

pokoko said:
Sonic is still a fairly well known name. Many of the people who buy Nintendo consoles don't shop in GameStop and they don't read reviews. They go, "oh, mom, Sonic! Look at the cover! This looks cool!" That, or they say, "this looks like something Timmy would enjoy, let's buy it for Christmas." New Nintendo owners are thus relatively insulted against hype and look at everything available when they go to buy a game, not just the newest stuff. That means lower Day One numbers but a much longer tail.

All of which is to say that Sonic might have decent numbers before it's all over.

Assuming the Wii U also ends up with decent numbers.

That's what i was about to say. For better or worse, Sonic's name is mud amongst core gamers, but the guy's got draw on Wii U (as Racing Transformed can demonstrate), which should make itself evident over time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

"Sega did a TERRIBLE job marketing this game."

Not only this game.

Around the Network

From what I understand, Sega handed Sonic over to Nintendo in Europe. So while the US marketing is their fault, the same may not be true of elsewhere.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have even known this game exists. Sega sent this game out to die.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

At least its doing way better then pacman

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Nintendo really needs to look at when other games launch and plan their launches accordenly...they launched Wonderful 101 so close to GTA 5 and left the game to die.

We all know Nintendo doesn't care about the competition. They live in their own little world enclosed by wonderful multi-coloured bubbles and double rainbows.

Why is there always an excuse that lies on the developer and publisher??? "Didn't market enough" "Went multiplatform" ect ect