By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Can Explain Sonic Lost World's Poor Sales

Tagged games:

I think the first step is letting the general consumer know that the Wii U exists. Then companies can advertise their games for it.

Around the Network

^
this
wii U not even appears in blackfriday charts...
just dance on wii do very well while wii U version do very poorly.
Also with skylanders, disney infinity...

Sonic is still a fairly well known name. Many of the people who buy Nintendo consoles don't shop in GameStop and they don't read reviews. They go, "oh, mom, Sonic! Look at the cover! This looks cool!" That, or they say, "this looks like something Timmy would enjoy, let's buy it for Christmas." New Nintendo owners are thus relatively insulted against hype and look at everything available when they go to buy a game, not just the newest stuff. That means lower Day One numbers but a much longer tail.

All of which is to say that Sonic might have decent numbers before it's all over.

Assuming the Wii U also ends up with decent numbers.

xJbownagex said:

The game is actually great. Most people don't notice that 60 critics reviewed the game and 21 of the reviewers gave it a favorable score.

...is that something to be proud of?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Bad Marketing and Bad reviews. I mean yea people know about sonic , but really they know about it through mostly 2 things: Crappy games and a weird ass hell fandom.

Around the Network

sonic is a dying franchise, sega need to deal with it and move on.

So can i........... it's NOT Sonic Generations 2.

Or Sonic Adventure 3 with the likes of Yuji Naka & Hirokazu Yasuhara back with the company.

I agree that the game certainly wasn't being marketed well. While I would have known about this game without VGChartz, I didn't really see it around very much in other places.

Salnax said:
It had reviews nearly as bad as Sonic 06. Therefore, its week one sales were only slightly higher.

I think its fairly simple.

The game is average but no where near Sonic 06 levels of bad.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Legs... nintendo games have legs

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179