By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Forum should be closed

This site is losing its appeal lately.  The forum has turned into complete rubbish.  The banning is not having the desired effect, but rather is giving license for everyone to walk an unseen line as far as they can.  It reminds me of being in grade school.  I didn't mind getting detention or even an after school, but a suspension was something I avoided.  So I just played the line the whole: made an ass of myself, fought with the teacher, talked out of turn, etc.  But once was on that line I would shut up....until the next day.  That's what is going on with the kids in here.  I think that if the web makers want to create something special,  if they want to create something credible and lasting they will disallow the non-prediction based communication.  The forum has simply become a pissing contest.

Around the Network

don't agree, there is only so much the admins can do.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Forums are here for a reason. People who abuse those reasons will be dealt with. So, since you were out of line at school, should they close that down, too?

An honest question, cause that's what your logic dictates.

I don't think the forums should be closed but I agree with your assessment super_etecoon. The temporary bannings have no effect and the forum abusers and trolls continually test the limits again and again. It appears that there are an infinite amount of second chances. Now I mainly come to this site for the numbers and when I occasionally try to read through the forums it feels like very little has changed.  Conversation often degrades into what you describe as a "pissing contest"

Although I have to say the forums are the exception to the rule, and the rest of VGchartz.com, particularly the numbers and charts are very useful and have shown constant improvement. If more numbers and better accuracy means the forums suffer for now, I'll take it.

super_etecoon said:
This site is losing its appeal lately.  The forum has turned into complete rubbish.  The banning is not having the desired effect, but rather is giving license for everyone to walk an unseen line as far as they can.

I have to disagree and I think the forum moderators are doing a good job.  For example earlier tonight a troll came on and started a thread that basically was an attack on another user, within minutes (someone mentioned 7 minutes in the thread) the user was banned and the thread was soon closed.  Same with another thread that started today about a popular member, it started to get out of hand and a moderator locked it.  When you have a site that attracts people who own different game consoles you have to expect that a few will step over the line, it happens on every site I've seen that deals with videogames. 

Around the Network

dolla dolla....astute rejection of my argument
That being said, I only hope that other users can apply such civil, level-headed response to misguided assertions...without hostility or meanness.

I wasn't aware that the offending thread got locked...it was open when I posted and it made me sick...I think there is a bit of prima donna catwalking going on and I'm tired of someone's infamy gaining them notoriety.

Lately this forum seems to be more about the posters and less about the consoles.  I'd really just like to see an end to that. 

Most arguments on this site are passionate debates and those who step over the line to attack should not be ignored until a mod sees them. If you feel someone is stepping over the line contact a mod asap. That would help stave off major issues.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Its not losing its appeal. Ever since i saw kwaad and hus get banned i noticed a number of new users start posting here. and they were legitamate posts from what i could tell and none of the 'same user different screen name' crap.

so no, its not losing its appeal

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Its losing its appeal? I see 3 people in this topic that have under 50 posts which would mean there new(ier) to this forum. So I disagree it should just stay. People only notice people getting banned because this site isnt as big as Gamefaqs or Gamespot.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

If you dont like it, dont look at it. Its that freaking simple, why should your BS whiner feelings ruin it for everyone else. You a princess or something.