By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Forum should be closed

I think its generally working fine. Perma-bans are basically impossible anyway - just a pipe dream. Gaming related news has slowed down in the last few weeks - back to "normal" speed. So there is less new stuff to talk about, and people are inventing more topics instead. Its all part of the process - the console transition is now pretty much over, and all the new consoles are well established. This site should focus on sales/chart data - which is what it is doing. The weekly US sales give us all something else to chat about, which is great. If we can end up getting weekly Europe sales charts - maybe launched on another day (say Sat), then we'll constantly have new information to discuss.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

The issue is that the content (video game sales in units, ect) is a very touchy subject matter. It's like having a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge website all together with all kinds of sales. Everyone will spin it, its like having a website with liberals and conservatives on the same site - of course there are gonna be issues. It just takes some intelligence, and a few bannings to get it taken care of.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

super_etecoon said:
This site is losing its appeal lately.  The forum has turned into complete rubbish.  The banning is not having the desired effect, but rather is giving license for everyone to walk an unseen line as far as they can.  It reminds me of being in grade school.  I didn't mind getting detention or even an after school, but a suspension was something I avoided.  So I just played the line the whole: made an ass of myself, fought with the teacher, talked out of turn, etc.  But once was on that line I would shut up....until the next day.  That's what is going on with the kids in here.  I think that if the web makers want to create something special,  if they want to create something credible and lasting they will disallow the non-prediction based communication.  The forum has simply become a pissing contest.

This kind of thing happened to me as well.  Maybe it is true that the forums aren't as good as they were before, but it's just a matter of time.  You can never expect forums to stay great all the time everytime.  If it seems like it's downhill it's just a momentary thing.  There are enough sane and smart users here that it should bounce back anytime soon.  It's just a phase.

One reason why it doesn't have to close? My reason why I prefer this forum stays open because the people on this forum are more open minded and also the discussions are more interesting... Compare it with other forums were X360 fans and PS3 fans are almost fighting with each other... Compare this thread http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=1719&start=0#end With this thread http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=95657 The threads are about the same thing....What do you see? At the first thread on VG charts you see just normal comments and more interesting comments on the other forum with the same article you see the people almost fighting. This is my reason why I like this forum.

Why's someone with 16 posts asking for the forums to be closed? Anyway, maybe I've missed a lot of the insulting, but these forums seem pretty tame to me.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
This site is losing its appeal lately.  The forum has turned into complete rubbish.  The banning is not having the desired effect, but rather is giving license for everyone to walk an unseen line as far as they can.  It reminds me of being in grade school.  I didn't mind getting detention or even an after school, but a suspension was something I avoided.  So I just played the line the whole: made an ass of myself, fought with the teacher, talked out of turn, etc.  But once was on that line I would shut up....until the next day.  That's what is going on with the kids in here.  I think that if the web makers want to create something special,  if they want to create something credible and lasting they will disallow the non-prediction based communication.  The forum has simply become a pissing contest.

The key to everything in life is TOLERANCE

there is always arguments about religion and politics. If we did away with that and were tolerant of one another and spiritualy(not religiously)we would not have problems with the world, closing things or turning off is closed minded. I will not retorte anything sarcastic myself because sarcasm is the recourse of a week mind.

Lets all try to get along with one another and keep debtes going-With hope-DP

In a way I agree with you about the bannings. However I agree it seems the children have come out to play... they do each time someone gets banned. Kinda strange. However I noticed the stupid personal attacks and such did show up on friday... that is not normal. It's probibally related to the lack of frustration, so becuase of that they start stuff. Normally I do that here myself, however I plan on retireing from that position, at least for quite a while. However I dont know.

But I will say. *do not close the forums* 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

I may have only 15 posts, but that does not mean I don't read everything.  Generally I don't feel like posting because I only have a few minutes.

Kwaad, I do hope that you decide to stay awhile.  In good humor.  Perhaps it is because this site is smaller it is easier to see a bit of the in fighting and it makes it seem larger than it is.  I supposed the whole thing just feels like a dysfunctional family with the kids always fighting and the parents taking sides.  Maybe everyone just needed to get it out of their system.  I haven't heard such control in your posting in a while Kwaad. That's a good sign.  Here's to a less hostile (but no less jovial/animated) future here at VG chartz. 

WTF... I see no differnce here then any other forum, except IGN, where it's 10,000 times worse.

yea just what ioi says :D, completely agree with it

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!