By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Dead Rising 3

Frequency said:

I tell it like it is regardless of what console is in question, do the same and scour my posts, I defend and ridicule each console at various points based on the current events at the time.

I see no point in sugar coating the truth, if something is crap I speak my mind, if someone is wrong or mistaken I correct them.

That's the beauty about being a multi platform developer, you learn to accept that all consoles are shit, its just a case of figuring out which one is least.

But hey, if you think a next gen game that was originally intended for the Xbox 360 having frame rate drops to as low as 16 and an average of 25, at 720p is acceptable, go out and buy it, encourage others to do the same, give those developers money for a poor job so they can churn out more badly made games, why be dissatisfied with their performance and have them improve if you can just turn a blind eye right?

This has nothing to do with console wars as you do obviously feel it is, and everything to do with the developers rushing out a poor product.

Its absolutely shocking that people are willing to accept it and basically bend over and lube up for the publishers rather than voice their concerns and potentially see the game delayed so they can improve it.

Tl;dr, Xbox fans are getting boned and you're wincing from the pain so much you can't even see it.

I see no reason to ridicule xbox fans like this. Sure dead rising looks like a technical mess but it's far from a poor product given that review sites praised of the other games in the franchise. This maybe the limit of what X1 can handle but the games themselves are the most important. Sure the framerate ain't too hot but people still praised games like last of us despite the framerate issues. 

As for seece he should probably stop using sony fans as a scape goat in this thread because their are alot of non sony fans who aren't too happy about the technical issues.

Around the Network

I hate to read this.. seriously.. the Ps4 and xone keeps dissapointing me .. every single game that has interested me turns out worse than expected.

Can't justify espending 400$ - 600$ for this.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

fatslob-:O said:

I see no reason to ridicule xbox fans like this. Sure dead rising looks like a technical mess but it's far from a poor product given that review sites praised of the other games in the franchise. This maybe the limit of what X1 can handle but the games themselves are the most important. Sure the framerate ain't too hot but people still praised games like last of us despite the framerate issues. 

As for seece he should probably stop using sony fans as a scape goat in this thread because their are alot of non sony fans who aren't too happy about the technical issues.

I'm ridiculing the development team for failing the fans not ridiculing the fans, I'm just shocked how some of them are willing to accept it regardless.

How other games in a franchise review has no bearing on if a completely different title is a poor product or not. You are extremely confused.

Fact of the matter is this game could be a lot better than it is, if the development team delayed it and pushed out a better product when it was actually ready.

Frequency said:

I'm ridiculing the development team for failing the fans not ridiculing the fans, I'm just shocked how some of them are willing to accept it regardless.

How other games in a franchise review has no bearing on if a completely different title is a poor product or not. You are extremely confused.

Fact of the matter is this game could be a lot better than it is, if the development team delayed it and pushed out a better product when it was actually ready.

Well, that most certainly isn't a decision the "development team" can make, but one for the "publishing team", which for this title afaik sits at Microsoft.

Frequency said:

I would let the fans decide that for themselves. 

To be fair the quality of the product is defined by it's sales so I'm pretty sure that dead rising 3 will sell over a million. It ain't good or bad but decent.

I'm pretty sure that dead rising 3 had a fair amount of development time and we wouldn't know if the product would be better based off of the fact that X1 has limited hardware plus there's over 150 developers working on the game.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Frequency said:

I would let the fans decide that for themselves. 

To be fair the quality of the product is defined by it's sales so I'm pretty sure that dead rising 3 will sell over a million. It ain't good or bad but decent.

I'm pretty sure that dead rising 3 had a fair amount of development time and we wouldn't know if the product would be better based off of the fact that X1 has limited hardware plus there's over 150 developers working on the game.

Not sure if you're trolling or that you genuinely believe what you just said.

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187 

Not gonna lie, this is a disappointment. I've got two young Dead Rising fans in my house though and I'm sure the FPS won't be as big of an issue to them. Hopefully this isn't completely unplayable for me as I was starting to get hyped about it. Honestly, I never expected this to be some crazy visual masterpiece because none of the other games in the series are but it would be nice for it to run at a solid 30. Well, we'll see either way, I'm committed to the platform so gotta roll with the punches.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Turkish said:

awful

This game clearly isn't ready to be launched. That looks like utter trash.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

The framerate is AWFUL, not even begun talking about the graphics lol

damn....DF went in on this...growing pains MS...growing pains...