By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Dead Rising 3

Seece said:
LivingMetal said:
Seece said:
Can't wait personally! Why is this thread filled with Sony fans???

What?  Are Sony fans restricted from discussing other games?  And are they are Sony fans?  Maybe some are just gamers.

No they're Sony fans, and I asked a question I didn't say "Sony fans can't talk about this game"

So what are "Sony fans" going to talk about in this thread since they are here?

Around the Network
Frequency said:
Seece said:
Dallinor said:
Seece said:
Dallinor said:
Seece said:
Can't wait personally! Why is this thread filled with Sony fans???

Hey, there's plenty of people still on the fence I'm sure. Also this is one of the first games on the next gen platforms to be scrutinized under a magnifying glass.

I take it these technical problems are a non-issue for you?

I don't know until I actually play it, I'm far more forgiving than most I would say tho. You can never get the full picture when it's not even people planning to buy this game discussing it, they'll make it worst case scenario.

Well we all know that one side will exaggerate the tech issues and the other side will downplay them. That's par for the course.

Personally I don't think the resolution is an issue, but the framerate is. Some may find solace in the fact that the hitches seem to be limited to only a few areas of the game though. Overall I think some posters are right, this game could proabably have done with more time in the oven.

I believe those that play it will give the most honest account, unless they want to lie about what's before their very eyes.

I just find it distasteful certain people use it as a vehicle to troll, the news doesn't concern them.

Because you would never do the same thing about Sony or Nintendo news that was negative, right?

Give me a break.

No I wouldn't, and don't. I don't trash either's games. Feel free to scour my post history. Don't accuse me of things just because I'm an Xbox Fan. Unless it's sales related I stay away from Nintendo and Sony topics unless I want to say something positive.

Shame you can't say the same about yourself.

Its running in 20fps??? EEEEWWWWW

awful

I'd prefer a higher FPS than res, this game still looks a lot of fun though.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
They should have sacrificed resolution to maintain a stable framerate.

I see what you did here 

Turkish said:

awful

DAT texture loading... If I can make a guess this looks like bandwidth issues (DDR3).

Seece said:

No I wouldn't, and don't. I don't trash either's games. Feel free to scour my post history. Don't accuse me of things just because I'm an Xbox Fan. Unless it's sales related I stay away from Nintendo and Sony topics unless I want to say something positive.

Shame you can't say the same about yourself.

I tell it like it is regardless of what console is in question, do the same and scour my posts, I defend and ridicule each console at various points based on the current events at the time.

I see no point in sugar coating the truth, if something is crap I speak my mind, if someone is wrong or mistaken I correct them.

That's the beauty about being a multi platform developer, you learn to accept that all consoles are shit, its just a case of figuring out which one is least.

But hey, if you think a next gen game that was originally intended for the Xbox 360 having frame rate drops to as low as 16 and an average of 25, at 720p is acceptable, go out and buy it, encourage others to do the same, give those developers money for a poor job so they can churn out more badly made games, why be dissatisfied with their performance and have them improve if you can just turn a blind eye right?

This has nothing to do with console wars as you do obviously feel it is, and everything to do with the developers rushing out a poor product.

Its absolutely shocking that people are willing to accept it and basically bend over and lube up for the publishers rather than voice their concerns and potentially see the game delayed so they can improve it.

Tl;dr, Xbox fans are getting short changed with a shoddy product.

Guys drop it as to who is a fan of which system tbh, it's completely off topic and doesn't add anything but possible moderation.

On topic... what the hell? about all I can say, when he gets onto the bike that has the cylinder in front of it with reflections on it he is sitting in 15-20fps hell, reminded me of GTA4 when things got busy. Does anyone know if this was being played online/offline at the time btw? sorry if it was said before but wasn't the Zombie AI meant to be assisted by the cloud? perhaps it runs at a lower framerate while offline since the system needs to make up for the lack of the cloud which would have been there 100% with the console they showed at E3 originally.

But yeah this kinda puts to rest both the fact that the exclusives will all be 1080p and that they'll run as smooth as butter if they don't have to bend the code to work on the ps4 or the last gen systems alongside the X1

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

All this talk about fans...

Just remember guys this game have even worst issues than Bayonetta on PS3... and Bayonetta on PS3 was unplayable until a later patch to install the game that make it at least playable (360 version was miles ahead).

Sorry by nobody can defend this case...