By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 remote play does different views. Exactly like Wii U with COD

Of course it turns into a discussion of who did it first.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
curl-6 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
JWeinCom said:
So, if this is such a major feature that is worth spending 200 dollars for, I'm guessing people are really stoked that it's built in to the Wii U for half the price.

Its a bonus feature, with like 3 times the power, more portability/versatility,   and a totally different hosting of games. The fact that you can get the main feature of WiiU elsewhere that is technically better for a bit more money, and have access to majority of Multiplat stuff that will exclusively be between XBO and PS4..

$300USD more isn't "a bit more money".

Cheaper than buying 2 full consoles still. And the Vita is $200. If you are usuing it for Remote Play only, you aren't going to need a memory card. The best part is if none of this interests you, you don't need to get a Vita, save your money.

The over all value comes out better any which way you slice it.

Except that the main reason for getting a Wii U isn't the second screen, it's Nintendo's games, and for both that and most 8th gen multiplats you'll still need two consoles.

If you're talking about second screen gaming alone, it's still $300 for Wii U, 600 for PS4 + Vita.

lol does it really matter who did this first? I will most likely be using the Vita-PS4 remote play function in the exact same way that I use my Wii U.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

curl-6 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
curl-6 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
JWeinCom said:
So, if this is such a major feature that is worth spending 200 dollars for, I'm guessing people are really stoked that it's built in to the Wii U for half the price.

Its a bonus feature, with like 3 times the power, more portability/versatility,   and a totally different hosting of games. The fact that you can get the main feature of WiiU elsewhere that is technically better for a bit more money, and have access to majority of Multiplat stuff that will exclusively be between XBO and PS4..

$300USD more isn't "a bit more money".

Cheaper than buying 2 full consoles still. And the Vita is $200. If you are usuing it for Remote Play only, you aren't going to need a memory card. The best part is if none of this interests you, you don't need to get a Vita, save your money.

The over all value comes out better any which way you slice it.

Except that the main reason for getting a Wii U isn't the second screen, it's Nintendo's games, and for both that and most 8th gen multiplats you'll still need two consoles.

If you're talking about second screen gaming alone, it's still $300 for Wii U, 600 for PS4 + Vita.

I'm saying if you are interested in the big 3rd party multiplats (many of which will/are skipping WiiU) as well as the many media features that come with XBO/PS4 and the 2nd screen functions.....PS4 is the better route. If you enjoy Nintendo franchises that much you will assuredly get the WiiU, but if thats not a factor then it comes down to money and convenience. You could get a WiiU which is only 300 but you will miss out on all the big titles exclusive and multiplat only between PS4/XBO. You could get another console as well.....but thats mostly a waste when you could get PS4 and Vita, have both for less.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:

I'm saying if you are interested in the big 3rd party multiplats (many of which will/are skipping WiiU) as well as the many media features that come with XBO/PS4 and the 2nd screen functions.....PS4 is the better route. If you enjoy Nintendo franchises that much you will assuredly get the WiiU, but if thats not a factor then it comes down to money and convenience. You could get a WiiU which is only 300 but you will miss out on all the big titles exclusive and multiplat only between PS4/XBO. You could get another console as well.....but thats mostly a waste when you could get PS4 and Vita, have both for less.

But if you get just a PS4 you'll be missing all Wii U's exclusives. No matter which way you cut it, $300 is less than $600 for the same feature.

Around the Network
attaboy said:
All that's going to happen is PS4 owners are going to see how awesome the feature is and then want more of it. Then, they're going to find out that the Wii U has the experience they've fallen in love with and then go out and buy Wii U consoles. It's going to backfire on Sony and the Wii U will sell like crazy. You can quote me on this.

Quoted

curl-6 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

But if you get just a PS4 you'll be missing all Wii U's exclusives. No matter which way you cut it, $300 is less than $600 for the same feature.

You're not honest.

You dont pay $600  just for the same thing.

You pay $600 to get  the Vita and the PS4, most powerful next gen console, so you can get both platforms exclusives and games that wont be on Wii U, that's much more  than what you get  with the Wii U only for $300, much better value.

To get an equivalent , you have to buy Xbox One + Wii U

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

JWeinCom said:

Didn't think you'd try and spin so hard.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Aerys said:
curl-6 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

You're not honest.

You pay $600 to get  the Vita and the PS4, most powerful next gen console, so you can get both platforms exclusives and games that wont be on Wii U, that's much more  than what you get  with the Wii U only for $300, much better value.

XBONE + Wii U and + 3DS since Vita by itself is a very good portable.

Aerys said:
curl-6 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

You're not honest.

But when you pay $300 less in Wii U, you get all the exclusives neither Xbone One nor PS4 can offer.

To get the best of both worlds game wise you have to buy two consoles anyway.

If you just want second screen gaming, it's still a $300 difference.