By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Guys Think Square Enix Will Ever Remake Final Fantasy VII ?

Tagged games:

Will Sqaure Enix Ever Remake FF VII ?

Yes 24 31.17%

No 16 20.78%

I Don't Care 14 18.18%

Maybe If Sqaure Enix Almost Went Bankrupt 20 25.97%

Others ( state your reason ) 3 3.90%

Total:77

Expect something for the 20th Anniversary.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Kawaiix33 said:
RenCutypoison said:
Kawaiix33 said:

It been 16 YEARS ( closing to 17 years ) since the original FF VII been released and it has been deem to be one of the masterpiece of RPG of all time and were known to many people to those who are a fan of RPG genre or even those who didn't even play FF VII yet. It is also heavily critical acclaimed by critics and it won numerous awards + it one of the best FF of all time. 

However after the released of FFX ( which is known to be the last good FF games ) and their old companies which is Square Soft already died off and merge into Square Enix,the whole franchise had gone downhill. I play FF from VII until X and stopped buying any FF game after X since XI TO XIV is just simply garbage. 

Also it seemed i am the only person who is not hyped about FFXV since it doesn't look anything like a FF game i remember and loved + the combat system just taken off from Kingdom Hearts. FFXV should have been called Final Hearts : Kingdom Reborn or whatever the name it is. Sadly nowaday there is only a few good rpg games that it still being released which is the Tales Series and we got garbage like Atelier and Hyperdimension ( no offence to those who like that game but it seemed to me like those both game does nothing innovative and lure people with female wearing skimpy and unappropriate outfit which left me an impression that is another generic RPG games )

Last year Square Enix did say they wanted to do a remake of FFVII. However if they do a remake of FFVII,they said it will be the end of the FF franchise. Like we give a crap Sqaure Enix ? They have been butchering the franchise after FFX and i have no intention of playing FFXII,FFXIII and that generic MMORPG which is FFXI and FFXIV that we see in a billion times. They also listed one condition in order for them to remake FFVII,one of their FF games need to surpasses FFVII ( in terms of quality and sales ) 

Will FFXV be the next FF game to surpasses FFVII or it will just ended up being a garbage FF game like FF XIII ? What do you guys thinks ?

Just one question, what are the three last J-RPGs from Square that you bought ?

Final Fantasy X,Kingdom Hearts 2 & Star Ocean: The Last Hope International ( not sure if that game made by square or not )

I'm looking forwards to Kingdom Hearts 3 since i am huge fan of it and sqaure enix didn't screw that franchise so far.

So they screwed the FF franchise, and you haven't bought a FF game since FFX ?

Yeah most of the FF fan hates how square went the direction after FFX especially FFXIII considered one of the worst FF of all time. Battle system is crap,character are forgettable,stupid time machine thingy ( it work for chrono series but not FF ),super linear as hell compared to other FF games.

And yes i haven't bought any FF since FFX. I might buy FFXV if it lives up to my expectation.

Carl2291 said:
Expect something for the 20th Anniversary.

Yeah and when it reach the 20th Annivesary,i bet Sqaure Enix gonna make a spin-off to FF7 on iOS trololo like how Capcom treat Megaman 25th annivesary if i am not mistaken

By this time, i hope they don't.

Yes. Probably for the (ugh) 20th anniversary.

Around the Network
Kawaiix33 said:
RenCutypoison said:
Kawaiix33 said:

Final Fantasy X,Kingdom Hearts 2 & Star Ocean: The Last Hope International ( not sure if that game made by square or not )

I'm looking forwards to Kingdom Hearts 3 since i am huge fan of it and sqaure enix didn't screw that franchise so far.

So they screwed the FF franchise, and you haven't bought a FF game since FFX ?

Yeah most of the FF fan hates how square went the direction after FFX especially FFXIII considered one of the worst FF of all time. Battle system is crap,character are forgettable,stupid time machine thingy ( it work for chrono series but not FF ),super linear as hell compared to other FF games.

And yes i haven't bought any FF since FFX. I might buy FFXV if it lives up to my expectation.

So you didnt buy FFXIII but hyou know it's shit ?

Nah they'll just port it to mobile devices and call it a remake.