By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Guys Think Square Enix Will Ever Remake Final Fantasy VII ?

Tagged games:

Will Sqaure Enix Ever Remake FF VII ?

Yes 24 31.17%

No 16 20.78%

I Don't Care 14 18.18%

Maybe If Sqaure Enix Almost Went Bankrupt 20 25.97%

Others ( state your reason ) 3 3.90%

Total:77

No. It's more effective as a carrot-on-a-stick.

It urges some to continue buying garbage in hope of proving some sort of worthiness to have FF7 remade.

The best part is it wasn't even that amazing of a game... There's been plenty of better FF.

Around the Network

Just how many threads have we touched on this subject before ?

Everybody keeps ending up with a result of "no" and why do we still keep making these threads when alot of time hasn't even transcended yet ?

I used to want a remake, but when I started thinking about it there are so many ways it could go wrong. For example, how cheesy would red vii look dressed up as a sailor in full hd. The bad graphics allowed the game to have some lighthearted moments. I think 1up wrote an article that mentioned scenes like this that wouldn't work with today's graphics.

By the way, I actually thought ff12 was a great ff game. While I didn't care for the characters, everything else was done very well.

BasilZero said:
It'll be remade eventually but only as a last resort when things look bad for them.

They will want to hold on to the nostalgia factor as long as they can without actually potentially ruining it through a remake.

But how long will that nostalgia can hold on ? Let say if ff vii remake released on 2020+ or even 2030+. By that time many kiddies would buy anything that is FPS or zombies related game and those old fans already sick of waiting for a ff remake and just move on with other games  *cough* Half-Life *cough*. RPG Genre is slowly dying nowaday and the only honorable RPG that is still alive is the Tales series

If FFXV falls short commercially and critically, then I honestly believe it'll finally provoke Square Into doing it.

VII isn't my favorite by any means, but it's by far the most terribly aged one and needs it the most, not helped by the fact it ended up on a system it wasn't even originally designed for.

Around the Network

Yes, they will..for NiKKoM >_<

Kawaiix33 said:

It been 16 YEARS ( closing to 17 years ) since the original FF VII been released and it has been deem to be one of the masterpiece of RPG of all time and were known to many people to those who are a fan of RPG genre or even those who didn't even play FF VII yet. It is also heavily critical acclaimed by critics and it won numerous awards + it one of the best FF of all time. 

However after the released of FFX ( which is known to be the last good FF games ) and their old companies which is Square Soft already died off and merge into Square Enix,the whole franchise had gone downhill. I play FF from VII until X and stopped buying any FF game after X since XI TO XIV is just simply garbage. 

Also it seemed i am the only person who is not hyped about FFXV since it doesn't look anything like a FF game i remember and loved + the combat system just taken off from Kingdom Hearts. FFXV should have been called Final Hearts : Kingdom Reborn or whatever the name it is. Sadly nowaday there is only a few good rpg games that it still being released which is the Tales Series and we got garbage like Atelier and Hyperdimension ( no offence to those who like that game but it seemed to me like those both game does nothing innovative and lure people with female wearing skimpy and unappropriate outfit which left me an impression that is another generic RPG games )

Last year Square Enix did say they wanted to do a remake of FFVII. However if they do a remake of FFVII,they said it will be the end of the FF franchise. Like we give a crap Sqaure Enix ? They have been butchering the franchise after FFX and i have no intention of playing FFXII,FFXIII and that generic MMORPG which is FFXI and FFXIV that we see in a billion times. They also listed one condition in order for them to remake FFVII,one of their FF games need to surpasses FFVII ( in terms of quality and sales ) 

Will FFXV be the next FF game to surpasses FFVII or it will just ended up being a garbage FF game like FF XIII ? What do you guys thinks ?

Just one question, what are the three last J-RPGs from Square that you bought ?

Yeah sure! For IOS of course.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

tiffac said:

Its like asking for a miracle and not getting pawned.

That gif is hilarious, which anime is it?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Kawaiix33 said:

However after the released of FFX ( which is known to be the last good FF games ) and their old companies which is Square Soft already died off and merge into Square Enix,the whole franchise had gone downhill. I play FF from VII until X and stopped buying any FF game after X since XI TO XIV is just simply garbage. 

Well honestly I enjoyed FFXII more then FFX I found that the characters, the world and war-epic plot was much deeper the FFX's. For me VII, X and XII are the best, and I'm also currently enjoying XIV in my PS3. FFXV looks ridiculously amazing. Its true not all FF's have been great, but overall I think SE still gives the franchise the much deserve attention and love they deserve.