By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Guys Think Square Enix Will Ever Remake Final Fantasy VII ?

Tagged games:

Will Sqaure Enix Ever Remake FF VII ?

Yes 24 31.17%

No 16 20.78%

I Don't Care 14 18.18%

Maybe If Sqaure Enix Almost Went Bankrupt 20 25.97%

Others ( state your reason ) 3 3.90%

Total:77
ishiki said:

Those are still a lot less work. The fan mods for FFVII is more work than what's been done in either of those games. There's still a lot of issues (lighting, etc) that still looks crap.

Regardless I'm sure its easier to recycle some of the stuff - make them a bit better looking than actually making new content/stuff altogether.

Anyways, I just looked - seems like FFIII for the 3DS sold more than the original - although VGChartz numbers - so ya....XD.

2 Final Fantasy III DS 2006 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.86 0.03 1.07 0.08 2.03
3 Final Fantasy III NES 1990 Role-Playing SquareSoft 0.00 0.00 1.39 0.01 1.40

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
ishiki said:

Those are still a lot less work. The fan mods for FFVII is more work than what's been done in either of those games. There's still a lot of issues (lighting, etc) that still looks crap.

Regardless I'm sure its easier to recycle some of the stuff - make them a bit better looking than actually making new content/stuff altogether.

Anyways, I just looked - seems like FFIII for the 3DS sold more than the original - although VGChartz numbers - so ya....XD.

2 Final Fantasy III DS 2006 Role-Playing Square Enix 0.86 0.03 1.07 0.08 2.03
3 Final Fantasy III NES 1990 Role-Playing SquareSoft 0.00 0.00 1.39 0.01 1.40

well you win :p. And ofcourse if they recycle stuff and do essentially what the PC mods do only some things a bit better and more consistent art direction wise.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

What do you have against FF12?  I liked it.  Side note it has the same score on metacritic as FF7 :P.

I don't bother with metacritic score. Just take a look at Gone Home,a really shitty 1-2 hours games and yet it is heavily praised by critic -_-

Let me simplified it for you. ( This is just my own opinion )

-Worst main protoganist in any FF game next to Lighthing

-Battle system seems slow and grinding level is a bitch ( i prefer a more traditional turn-based battle system )

-Travelling one place to another is just long and tedious ( not sure if it had mounts or not )

-Not of the supporting character is memorable except Ashe ( why Ashe couldn't be the main protaganist instead of Vaan -_- )

-Is there any main antoganist like Sephiroth or Kefka ? Nope

-Story seemed ok but at the some time seem pointless too when compared to past FF game

-Environment seemed bland to me and doesn't have much variety to it

Maybe if Sqaure Enix remaster FFXII like they did with FFX, i might go play it but i won't enjoy like i did with the past FF games.

No. It's more effective as a carrot-on-a-stick.

It urges some to continue buying garbage in hope of proving some sort of worthiness to have FF7 remade.

The best part is it wasn't even that amazing of a game... There's been plenty of better FF.

Just how many threads have we touched on this subject before ?

Everybody keeps ending up with a result of "no" and why do we still keep making these threads when alot of time hasn't even transcended yet ?

Around the Network

I used to want a remake, but when I started thinking about it there are so many ways it could go wrong. For example, how cheesy would red vii look dressed up as a sailor in full hd. The bad graphics allowed the game to have some lighthearted moments. I think 1up wrote an article that mentioned scenes like this that wouldn't work with today's graphics.

By the way, I actually thought ff12 was a great ff game. While I didn't care for the characters, everything else was done very well.

BasilZero said:
It'll be remade eventually but only as a last resort when things look bad for them.

They will want to hold on to the nostalgia factor as long as they can without actually potentially ruining it through a remake.

But how long will that nostalgia can hold on ? Let say if ff vii remake released on 2020+ or even 2030+. By that time many kiddies would buy anything that is FPS or zombies related game and those old fans already sick of waiting for a ff remake and just move on with other games  *cough* Half-Life *cough*. RPG Genre is slowly dying nowaday and the only honorable RPG that is still alive is the Tales series

Kawaiix33 said:
BasilZero said:
It'll be remade eventually but only as a last resort when things look bad for them.

They will want to hold on to the nostalgia factor as long as they can without actually potentially ruining it through a remake.

But how long will that nostalgia can hold on ? Let say if ff vii remake released on 2020+ or even 2030+. By that time many kiddies would buy anything that is FPS or zombies related game and those old fans already sick of waiting for a ff remake and just move on with other games  *cough* Half-Life *cough*. RPG Genre is slowly dying nowaday and the only honorable RPG that is still alive is the Tales series

But moving on to other games doesnt necessarily mean giving up on one thing completely. Getting the attention of people at a time when no one would expect it will more than likely hype the game up to the point where it will be huge.

Also like I said earlier, re-releases will help forth attracting new fans as well as old fans who want to re-live the nostalgia. It worked with me for sure, since I now have FFVII both on PS1 and Steam xD.

Basil's YouTube Channel

If FFXV falls short commercially and critically, then I honestly believe it'll finally provoke Square Into doing it.

VII isn't my favorite by any means, but it's by far the most terribly aged one and needs it the most, not helped by the fact it ended up on a system it wasn't even originally designed for.

Yes, they will..for NiKKoM >_<