By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204
JoeTheBro said:

To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft only said Halo 5 was 60fps. Didn't mention a resolution.

Also on the PS4 side, 1080p is staying the norm. Battlefield's 900p will be the exception, even years down the road.

You may be right about Halo only being 60 fps, but some publications are reporting 1080p.

Developers are strugling to achieve 60 fps and 1080p in many games. We even see 1st party games opting for 1080p over 60 fps. Battlefield 4 could have been 1080p, but they opted for 60 fps.

As developers really start pushing graphics, i feel the sacrifice will likely be resolution.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
JoeTheBro said:

To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft only said Halo 5 was 60fps. Didn't mention a resolution.

Also on the PS4 side, 1080p is staying the norm. Battlefield's 900p will be the exception, even years down the road.

You may be right about Halo only being 60 fps, but some publications are reporting 1080p.

Developers are strugling to achieve 60 fps and 1080p in many games. We even see 1st party games opting for 1080p over 60 fps. Battlefield 4 could have been 1080p, but they opted for 60 fps.

As developers really start pushing graphics, i feel the sacrifice will likely be resolution.

There are games like Crysis 2&3 that are sub 720 with occasional dips and many other games such as Battlefield 3 that are also sub 720 on PS3/360 and running on 30 frames, yet games that held 720x30 were argued to be among the best graphically. So it really isnt all black and white and we shouldn't generalize on something like this. Skill plays a huge role and the exclusive games atleast on the PS3 and 360, that were able to optimize specifically for one console always seemed to have some advantage. Especially if that developer is a first party developer that has internal connections at hand. (ND for instance is the freaking home for the ICE team, I believe).

LOL people here are underestimating the PS4. For all practical intents and purposes PS4 practically has more than double the pixel fillrates of the X1 so 1080p will be the norm for the PS4 early on this generation.

It's probably impossible to compare the two since they are completely different games. But I must say that, for me, Ryse has the most beautiful graphics I have seen in any game, period. However, the effects in KZ:SF are simply stunning.

Aldro said:

There are games like Crysis 2&3 that are sub 720 with occasional dips and many other games such as Battlefield 3 that are also sub 720 on PS3/360 and running on 30 frames, yet games that held 720x30 were argued to be among the best graphically. So it really isnt all black and white and we shouldn't generalize on something like this. Skill plays a huge role and the exclusive games atleast on the PS3 and 360, that were able to optimize specifically for one console always seemed to have some advantage. Especially if that developer is a first party developer that has internal connections at hand. (ND for instance is the freaking home for the ICE team, I believe).

The games you mentioned were barely under the standard 720p resolution. They are also games with massive detailed enviornments, thus making them some of the most visually and technically impressive games on 7th gen consoles.

If we saw more games achieving 1080p and 60 fps, I would feel more confident about 1080p sticking around in more visually impressive games down the road.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Technically KZ:SF is probably more taxing but Ryse does look very good and imo it 'looks' better even if technically it's not. It's even more impressive considering the fact that Ryse is using a middleware game engine, running on a weaker hardware and developed by a 3rd party sudio while KZ:SF is using a PS4 specific proprietary game engine running on more powerful hardware and being developed by a 1st party studio. Crytek are a talented bunch.

Mr Puggsly said:
Aldro said:

The games you mentioned were barely under the standard 720p resolution. They are also games with massive detailed enviornments, thus making them some of the most visually and technically impressive games on 7th gen consoles.

If we saw more games achieving 1080p and 60 fps, I would feel more confident about 1080p sticking around in more visually impressive games down the road.

Still though, my point stands. Lower resolution does not necessarily mean that you can push better looking assets.

Games like CoD are noticebly under (even if 60 fps).

Hell I'd give you the framerate being lowered allows for more to be done. But resolution => No. That's also why KZ SFs framerate is "variable 30" and not around 60 like the MP. It is to allow for those extra juicy stuff.

Badassbab said:
Technically KZ:SF is probably more taxing but Ryse does look very good and imo it 'looks' better even if technically it's not. It's even more impressive considering the fact that Ryse is using a middleware game engine, running on a weaker hardware and developed by a 3rd party sudio while KZ:SF is using a PS4 specific proprietary game engine running on more powerful hardware and being developed by a 1st party studio. Crytek are a talented bunch.

Completely agree.

Ryse

Cough xhttp://images.gamersyde.com/image_killzone_shadow_fall-23537-2660_0004.jpg

Also cough http://images.gamersyde.com/image_killzone_shadow_fall-23538-2660_0002.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_killzone_shadow_fall-23538-2660_0005.jpg

Killzone's just got some nice character models,and prettier colors+ draw distance same shit as ryse.