By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - killzone shadowfall or ryse:son of rome.which one has the best graphics? poll added

which has the best graphics?

ryse:son of rome 52 25.37%

killzone shadowfall 103 50.24%

see results 49 23.90%

Total:204
CGI-Quality said:
Aldro said:
Badassbab said:
Technically KZ:SF is probably more taxing but Ryse does look very good and imo it 'looks' better even if technically it's not. It's even more impressive considering the fact that Ryse is using a middleware game engine, running on a weaker hardware and developed by a 3rd party sudio while KZ:SF is using a PS4 specific proprietary game engine running on more powerful hardware and being developed by a 1st party studio. Crytek are a talented bunch.

Completely agree.

I disagree with this, mainly for the fact that Ryse is still eing developed as an exclusive and there isn't as much happening on-screen as in Killzone's case. Thus, the visual mite of the characters can be flexed (much in the same way that David Cage was able to achive unparalled detail and realism with his characters on the PS3, twice). 

This isn't to say that Ryse isn't impressive, it most certainly is (even showing me better character models than those of most PC games), but laying out the anatomy of the game puts things in perspective.

Yeah you're absolutely right.

Around the Network
oni-link said:
bubblegamer said:
Killzone hands down.

You must be a die-hard Sony fan to say otherwise?  Ryse is on another level compared to SF!!!

You can't put someone down for saying one game is "hands down" better, then say the other is "on another level" without making yourself look like a hypocrite :P

I'd agree with what CGI said, overall SF is defiantly the better looking game, especially when you consider how much more it has happening on screen. That said Ryse's character models are really quite stunning.

Considering the type of game Ryse is, I'd say the character detail would be better. All else, Killzone.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I think we have a new king.

Aldro said:

Still though, my point stands. Lower resolution does not necessarily mean that you can push better looking assets.

Games like CoD are noticebly under (even if 60 fps).

Hell I'd give you the framerate being lowered allows for more to be done. But resolution => No. That's also why KZ SFs framerate is "variable 30" and not around 60 like the MP. It is to allow for those extra juicy stuff.

No, your point does not stand. Its not even my argument. Lower resolutions are done for higher frame rates. If they are trying to do high quality visuals and maintain a high frame rate, the resolution will take a hit.

We already see several PS4 games sacrificing 60 fps for 1080p resolution. At some point I believe that'll turn into 720p and 30 fps when they really attempt to push the hardware.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Mr Puggsly said:

No, your point does not stand. Its not even my argument. Lower resolutions are done for higher frame rates. If they are trying to do high quality visuals and maintain a high frame rate, the resolution will take a hit.

We already see several PS4 games sacrificing 60 fps for 1080p resolution. At some point I believe that'll turn into 720p and 30 fps when they really attempt to push the hardware.

Nice. How do you explain 720p@30fps or 900p@30fps?

ethomaz said:

Mr Puggsly said:

Nice. How do you explain 720p@30fps or 900p@30fps?

I don't understand your question.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I don't understand your question.

You point is that some Sony are sacrificing 60 fps for 1080p resolution... that lower resolutions are done fo higher framerates.

So why go with 720p30fps and 900p30fps? I meant you are using lower resolution for higher framerate, no?

So if you lower the resolution and even so didn't can increase the framerate... so what that means?

Mr Puggsly said:
Aldro said:

Still though, my point stands. Lower resolution does not necessarily mean that you can push better looking assets.

Games like CoD are noticebly under (even if 60 fps).

Hell I'd give you the framerate being lowered allows for more to be done. But resolution => No. That's also why KZ SFs framerate is "variable 30" and not around 60 like the MP. It is to allow for those extra juicy stuff.

Considering Killzone SF is to run at the framerate of GoW (35-45 variable, we'll have to see come launch) and MP at 60 while pushing 1080 on LAUNCH => I think you're wrong. If you think we'll be having first party titles at 720p and 30 fps around 3-4 years from now: Holy shit I hope you're wrong xD

There is a vast difference between the two and if you compare good looking titles on 1080 and 720, you're going to see a massive difference (we're talking >2x the amount of pixels here). Sadly last generation was not able to really cope with 1080 without sacrificing visual fidelty. But as KZ SF prooves: Its entirely possible here, and 1080p will become the norm among the heavy first party of Sony (or rather said, I fucking hope so lol).

Especially since SF and Ryse are leading the pack in terms of visuals when there are so many that are 720p and 30fps currently (sadly). It comes down to ambition.

resolution/clarity/textures/lighting/animation are all on kz side/favor,,ryse blew its load on facial tech and it looks wonderful,and the rest of the game looks solid too,but overall its a little behind kz(and other games also).. its also very linear when compared to kz,wich is a different story.