By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Under Construction: GameCube vs. 3DS Graphics

MikeRox said:
No I just think people are nit picky in general with handhelds. I don't know what they expect from them.

I don't think we're on the same page here.

Around the Network

DKC on 3DS is being moaned about due to not being as good technically as the Wii version. Same happens when a Vita game isn't as good as a PS3 game technically. There seems to be no taking into consideration the much smaller form factor of a handheld along with the other technical issues in delivering parity.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Gamecube has higher res and poly count, 3DS has better shaders and effects.

I prefer 3DS.

Thing is I feel that the 3DS has better graphics but the production value on a handheld will definitely be less than a console game imo

Suke said:
sc94597 said:
Suke said:
.....God damn it, ugh why does these kind of conversation keep popping up...it's just....so pointless. Don't handhelds and home consoles use completely different architectures. Why do you think the Wii version of Donkey Kong Country Return look so different from the 3DS version. IF the 3DS share similar tech and was more powerful under the hood compare to the Wii, porting the game wouldn't have taking so long.

What? They look quite similar. I mean for a port from a console to a handeheld it stacks up quite amazingly. 

I'm not saying the 3DS is weaker then the Wii, I'm saying the two consoles have different types of hardware

That's not what you said at all.

Here, I bolded it above, but let me copy and paste it here too:

"Why do you think the Wii version of Donkey Kong Country Return look so different from the 3DS version."

But as SC94397 demonstrated, they don't look [so] different at all from each other. In fact, they're almost identical. 
How can you run around that one, when you clearly stated they looked so different from each other? There's no way around this one for you. You've been served.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Suke said:
sc94597 said:
Suke said:
.....God damn it, ugh why does these kind of conversation keep popping up...it's just....so pointless. Don't handhelds and home consoles use completely different architectures. Why do you think the Wii version of Donkey Kong Country Return look so different from the 3DS version. IF the 3DS share similar tech and was more powerful under the hood compare to the Wii, porting the game wouldn't have taking so long.

What? They look quite similar. I mean for a port from a console to a handeheld it stacks up quite amazingly. 

I'm not saying the 3DS is weaker then the Wii, I'm saying the two consoles have different types of hardware

That's not what you said at all.

Here, I bolded it above, but let me copy and paste it here too:

"Why do you think the Wii version of Donkey Kong Country Return look so different from the 3DS version."

But as SC94397 demonstrated, they don't look [so] different at all from each other. In fact, they're almost identical. 
How can you run around that one, when you clearly stated they looked so different? There's no way around this one for you. You've been served.

oh lol, must had resolution on the mind when I was posting it, my bad :3

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Kresnik said:
Interesting. Based on these screenshots:

Luigi's Mansion 2 > Luigi's Mansion 1

Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario 3D Land

Mario Kart: Double Dash > Mario Kart 7

Mario Party 3DS > Mario Party 4

Paper Mario 3DS > Paper Mario GC

Mario Tennis GC > Mario Tennis 3DS

Revelations > Resi 4

I'm undecided on the Pokemons. That screenshot of Colesseum or XD is hideous; but X/Y aren't really lookers either. I'm undecided about the Smash games too. Objectively I think the 3DS version looks better, but the black lines around all the characters is really offputting.

@bold the devs making it have already said you can thicken or thin out this black line as you please. It's just there to help distinguish the characters on the smaller screen but if you had a 3DSXL you're perfectly able to just turn off those black lines altogether.

> http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/character_outlines_will_be_customisable_in_3ds_super_smash_bros

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

3DS is in 3D so it wins for me :P.

Super Moneky Ball, Harvest Moon, and Sonic games added!

Love and tolerate.

Edit: Nevermind, already was addressed. ;)