By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo gamers shouldn't care about specs anymore

How about it is it all about Nintendo games and not about speculate specs?

Hell yeah I'm with you i... 103 44.98%

Nah I love arguing with a... 20 8.73%

It's about the games...b... 54 23.58%

quality over quantity thu... 51 22.27%

Total:228
BasilZero said:
Salnax said:

I'

You know, for a system weaker than the Saturn and PlayStation in some ways, I think N64 titles have held up fairly well.

I thought the N64 was more powerful than the PSX o.O

Hmm, depends. The processor was definitely better but it was the "gpu" that was worse. PSX could handle more polys, N64 featured mipmapping and perspective correct texture mapping. So games on n64 looked cleaner but were more "blocky" than PSX games.

Around the Network

Nintendo gamers didn't care about specs until the Wii U was stronger than the PS3 and 360. Now that the PS4 and One are releasing, specs are back to being without significance. That's the truth of it.

Mummelmann said:
Nintendo gamers didn't care about specs until the Wii U was stronger than the PS3 and 360. Now that the PS4 and One are releasing, specs are back to being without significance. That's the truth of it.

Yawn...except that PS4 and One are nothing special in itself specs wise!!! The elite games of PS360 will still be an earshot in terms of visual appeal to what PS4 or the One will be able to do a year or so from now!!!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
oni-link said:

LOL...funny how haters are still trying to get Nintendo fans to argue about specs even on this thread. The point to this is that IT DOESN'T matter how many polys the Wii U is pushing as Wii U games will be able to craft visually appealing games in HD!!! The Wii U's deficiency to PS4 (esp in the case of the X1) won't matter as all consoles will have very similar effects and the difference won't be as drastic as Wii vs X360!!! Besides I don't care how many polys the Wii U is pushing when I am playing games that look like this:

Dude...just stop. Hes basically saying the same thing. Stop worrying about graphics. Graphics are one thing but this gen Nintendos problem will be more than just a simple thing like graphics.

I am not worried about graphicsI am actually saying Nintendo fans should not feel worried that Wii U won't be able to keep up with the PS4 and One.  The reason being are those consoles will have trouble producing VASTLY IMPROVED VISUALS TO THE PS360 LET ALONE THE Wii U FOR THE NEXT YEAR OR TWO!!!  Now that's a fact that will be a hard pill to swallow for those expecting a miracle from PS4/X1!

PS4 XBox One and Wii U early games are only slightly enhanced versions of late generation games on PS360 and Wii. Wait 2 or 3 years into the 8th generation for the big game series to be released and for the game libraries on all three consoles to grow to 500+ games each. In 2 or 3 years time we will see price cuts for all three consoles.

I am not impressed by any of the launch games that are mainly third party games that look and play just as good on 7th generation console systems. A $300 to $500 outlay for a new console system is steep.

Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
PS4 XBox One and Wii U early games are only slightly enhanced versions of late generation games on PS360 and Wii. Wait 2 or 3 years into the 8th generation for the big game series to be released and for the game libraries on all three consoles to grow to 500+ games each. In 2 or 3 years time we will see price cuts for all three consoles.

I am not impressed by any of the launch games that are mainly third party games that look and play just as good on 7th generation console systems. A $300 to $500 outlay for a new console system is steep.

smart kid.

Anyone remembers a Wii game that had big monsters like Shadow of the Colossus, and visuals similar to Okami/Yoshis Island (snes) ?

I think it was a japanese only release, but I've been trying to hunt down that game for ages now and can't remember its name.

FrancisNobleman said:
Anyone remembers a Wii game that had big monsters like Shadow of the Colossus, and visuals similar to Okami/Yoshis Island (snes) ?

I think it was a japanese only release, but I've been trying to hunt down that game for ages now and can't remember its name.

3D or 2D?

curl-6 said:
FrancisNobleman said:

3D or 2D?

After scavenging through countless japanese names for wii releases I finally found it.

Look at this beauty, Ougan no Kizuna, Nintendo published Wii exclusive:

Such an obscure and great looking game. Can somebody get this on dolphin just for the sake of some 1080p shots ?

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:

Yes,  and metroid is by no stretch of imgaination technically or graphically impressive by the general 7th gen standard

It is very graphically impressive. Not in terms of shaders and all that crap, but in terms of the visual impact, artistic design, how pleasing it is to the eye.

''shader and all that crap'' LOL, you mean the technical specs of the game, aka the graphics, which is the theme of this thread? 

Sorry,if the game doesnt have good ''shaders and all that crap'' than it cant be considered a graphically impressive game.

This is graphically impressive

This isn't

That top game isn't impressive at all, it looks dull and bland. The bottom one, Muramasa, looks vastly superior.

Graphics = visuals, not just tech. Great tech is irrelevant if the end product doesn't look good. Metroid Prime 3 looks better than most 360 games, hence it is more  impressive.

Actually it is literally 100 times more impressive thn Muramasa in just about every possible technical aspect. Polygons, animations, lighting, textures, shaders, literally everything. Your bias is extremly strong in this one.

Graphics are strictily about visual technical aspects of the game. What you are referring to are aesthetics, which are subjective, pointless to debate about, and are not what this thread is about.