By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Has More Preorders Than X1 "By Long Shot 150:30(in his store)" says GameStop Manager

JayWood2010 said:

lol

To this GameStop Manager replied: "That is for my store. On avg there have been more PS4's than XB One pre orders. SOME STORES may have more Xb's than PS4's but from what I SAW not by much."

Read the article... he checked others stores... 150:30 is his store... 110:115 is another store... he checked a lot of stores and "on avg PS4 is way ahead".

lol

Around the Network

I'm still predicting 50% more ps4 sales than xbox in USA. I think post E3 was something like 3:1, and now it's "just" 50% more..., but for me, is still a huge success for Sony if it becomes true.

Editing my comment so no quotes when i wake up

Anything less than 20% advantage for the PS4, that is the price difference, will be a statistical tie in the US.

There is many indication that Xbox One might overship the PS4 in key territores.

Dark_Feanor said:
Anything less than 20% advantage for the PS4, that is the price difference, will be a statistical tie in the US.

There is many indication that Xbox One might overship the PS4 in key territores.

What?  Since when does the price difference come into affect when talking about statistics of sales?  If that were true wouldn't the PS3 be the highest selling console this gen since it got to 80m while being significantly more expensive than 360 and Wii?  

Around the Network

What's with the bickering? It says "150-30 in his store". That means 150-30 in (1) store.

Seriously, why derail threads for something so ridiculous?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Wouldn't 150:30 be 5:1 ?

Torillian said:
Dark_Feanor said:

What?  Since when does the price difference come into affect when talking about statistics of sales?  If that were true wouldn't the PS3 be the highest selling console this gen since it got to 80m while being significantly more expensive than 360 and Wii?  

Since Adam Smith founded the basis of modern economics and the  supply/demand relation for prices. To be honest the price/demand ratio not aways is linear.

You could have a product that cost half of its competitor but have trice the demand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith

bananaking21 said:

Personally i think the only way this is possible is if that sony just has a lot more stock ready than the xbox one.

Not very likely, but if true, only by 250k units or so. Both started mass manufacturing within weeks of each other. And SOn plans to cover a much wider territory than MS, who basically caters for NA and a little Europe for the release.

What is clear is why Sony decided to shift the European release back two weeks from NA release. This gives them the chance to reroute the "late Nov shipment" of consoles from Europe to NA should NA demand be too high after Nov 15, or reroute the "late Nov shipment" from NA to Europe should the demand be lower in NA than expected. Two weeks is just the critical time for rerouting shipping cargo (which, at that time, would be on sea already for a week or so).

Dark_Feanor said:
Torillian said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Since Adam Smith founded the basis of modern economics and the  supply/demand relation for prices. To be honest the price/demand ratio not aways is linear.

You could have a product that cost half of its competitor but have trice the demand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Smith

So you're saying that looking at "demand" alone PS4 would have to sell more than 20% to make up for the increased demand it should have solely from having a better price.  I can agree with that but then I guess you'd say that the demand for PS3 was over both the 360 and Wii when you account for those price differences.

Overall it seems like a silly way to think about it because we don't live in a world where the price is the same, and there's a reason the prices are different.  You aren't talking about the same product for a different price.