By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Bundle Is Sold Out At Target And GameStop

New set flies off shelves in lead up to the holiday season

With the recent influx of new Wii U bundles offering pack-in games such as The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HDWii Party UJust Dance 2014 and Skylanders SWAP Force, it’s clear Nintendo is offering a wide variety of options in order to entice potential customers this holiday season.

The plans seems to be working, as the recently released Mario and Luigi Deluxe Set that includes New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U has already sold out at both US retailers Target and GameStop.

Since the Wii U launched last November many people have been hoping for a Mario bundle, so it’s no surprise to see this particular pack shifting some units in North America. Hopefully the new bundles will help improve Wii U hardware sales for Nintendo, after their somewhat disappointing Q2 financial results.

What do you think? Were you hoping to pick up a Mario & Luigi Wii U bundle, or have you got one already? Let us know in the comments section.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/mamma_mia_the_mario_and_luigi_wii_u_bundle_is_sold_out_at_target_and_gamestop

Just fresh after the boost it got in Japan (up to 38k this week), the Wii U bundles seem to be working. It's exactly the kind of push they needed and now it seems to be doing well in the West after all after its pricecut. Credit to Nintendo they timed the pricecut and bundles well. They might actually get a decent Black Friday now! 

Still early days but I'm hoping it does get a boost for last week's numbers.

Around the Network

Too early to say anything, but wat the hell

Gooooooooooooooooo Nintendo

lets hope for a good holiday

It's going to be smooth sailing from here on out. :)

Hate to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

Still, we shall find out soon enough!

The same is happening at other retailers, and at stores in the UK. Even if it was only a couple units per store, it's still a massive week.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Hate to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

Can't help yourself can you ;)

Seece said:

Thing is this bundle is the one replacing the old Nintendo Land bundle. Also doubt they're understocking before the holidays even with the low weekly sales. I may be wrong of course but really when has the Wii U gotten good news in the past few months?!

MegaDrive08 said:
Seece said:

Can't help yourself can you ;)

Point out where I'm wrong and I'll conceed ;)

signs of life

Wii U is getting good news at last! The turn around is coming!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"