By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Bundle Is Sold Out At Target And GameStop

Holy Crap, the Wii U manage to out sell the 3DS, well original 3DS. %1400 spike in Japan. Guess it's better then nothing.

Nintendo 3DS LL – 58,627
Wii U – 38,802
Nintendo 3DS – 29,749
PS Vita – 27,618
PlayStation 3 – 11,148
PSP – 3,680
Wii – 477
Xbox 360 – 328

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
Seece said:
impertinence said:
Seece said:
Hate Love to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

Still, we shall find out soon enough!

Fixed for accuracy

No, I love correcting overly optimistic Nintendo fans, I don't enjoy low WiiU sales no matter what you think :P

Still though, somebody needs to point it out because you guys certainly aren't.

So putting a downer on this is not correcting overly optimistic Nintendo fans now? Right. So which one is it? Do you hate to put a downer on this or do you love it?

You don't need to answer, the question is rethorical. I know your spiel.

impertinence said:
Seece said:
impertinence said:
Seece said:
Hate Love to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

Fixed for accuracy

No, I love correcting overly optimistic Nintendo fans, I don't enjoy low WiiU sales no matter what you think :P

So putting a downer on this is not correcting overly optimistic Nintendo fans now? Right. So which one is it? Do you hate to put a downer on this or do you love it?

I don't like put downers on good news for WiiU (the fans don't get enough of it obviously) but I love correcting optimistic fans (In this case the enevitability of people thinking it's all green from here on out) I raised a valid point that gets ignored across other discussions. WiiU stock at retailers will be low because of the circumstances. If people want to ignore that and pretend otherwise that's their problem.

I suggest you stay on topic instead of character assassinate lest you want to stay unbanned.

That bundle is GOOD looking. I mean, who sees that and doesn't want to buy.

Nintendo is getting a little bundle crazy though, maybe lie off for a bit.

Seece said:
Hate to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

In the US Wii U sales in September tripled from the previous month thanks to the $50 price cut and Wind Waker bundle even tho it was only available for 1/2 the month. Since then sales have been pretty steady on a weekly basis selling in the 20-30k range compared to 7-10k in the previous months. In Japan Wii U sales jumped up to nearly 40k this week with the new bundles. Even tho shipments for this new bundle may not have been alot, the fact that it sold out is a good thing. These things show retailers that Wii U Is a desirable product at the right with the right games so shipments this holiday should be pretty decent.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to provide more stock. A new Walmart opened like 10 minutes from me, a huge store expected to draw in business from 4 cities and they sent them... 2 bundles. Went Friday when it came out around... 3pm and they were gone already. None have come back in since. So this could be amazing demand and sales, or could just be shitty supplies being sent out.

They had 84 of these on eBay today they sold out in 2 mins

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Seece said:
impertinence said:
Seece said:
impertinence said:
Seece said:

Fixed for accuracy

I don't like put downers on good news for WiiU (the fans don't get enough of it obviously) but I love correcting optimistic fans (In this case the enevitability of people thinking it's all green from here on out) I raised a valid point that gets ignored across other discussions. WiiU stock at retailers will be low because of the circumstances. If people want to ignore that and pretend otherwise that's their problem.

I suggest you stay on topic instead of character assassinate lest you want to stay unbanned.

Right. You hate putting downers on good WiiU news so much that you can't help but pop up in virtually every single thread with anything positive about the WiiU. Everyone knows what you are doing, and I am pretty sure you know too.

I suggest you just stop pissing on every WiiU parade you can find if you're not man enough to handle being called out for it. I am not going to pretend I'll go crying to the mods about it though.

Anyway, to go back on topic lest I will find myself banned: Great new for the WiiU, no matter how large or small the shipments were it's better that they sell out than not sell at all. Coupled with the great numbers from  Japan it will be interesting to see what the WiiU will do in the coming weeks.

coolguy said:
They had 84 of these on eBay today they sold out in 2 mins

Actually that guy had 1400 bundles that were sold at $250 in 50min, then he put another 85 at $265 that sold in 15-20min

The Wind Waker bundle seems to be moving slowly in my area, the NSMBU bundle is doing better, but retailers didn't order as much of the NSMBU bundle because they loaded up on the Zelda one.

The Zelda bundle kinda is a ripoff by comparison, NSMBU + NSLU is basically two games on content that are newer, Wind Waker HD is one game and an old game at that, just re-upped in HD.

I think there are going to be a lot of $250 Black Friday deals for Wii U for both bundles which sold help move consoles.