By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Bundle Is Sold Out At Target And GameStop

benji232 said:
Mummelmann said:
This can't be, someone told me in another thread that NSMBU doesn't sell consoles! You have to remove that image right away!

Like Seece said though; how much stock is there? The Wii U is still being retailed from the initial shipment from about a year ago, I doubt Nintendo sent them a huge amount since so few retailers have faith in the ability for this machine to move from shelves.

Ah, you are one funny guy. Very funny. Taking something I said in response to you stating that the wiiU tanked even with nsmbu and putting it completly out of context. I could come up and say something similar to you: This can't be, someone told me in another thread that wiiU would sell 12million units lifetime! 

Anyways, I definetly said that nsmbu as a stand alone game is not a system seller which still stands true today. A 2D platformer will never move tons of consoles. As I said in that other thread, 3D mario games move systems, nsmbu will sell proportionally to what the wiiU will sell. Now, nsmbu is in a bundle with the addition of nslu and people are also aware that a new 3D mario game is coming in a matter of 2weeks. Just keep that all in mind, and then see if your post was even revelant. 

Also, while im at it, can you answer my question that I had asked you in that other thread, why do you think wiiU will only sell 12million units lifetime? 

Except, I never said that. You said that I did. Go back and read it and stop contructing these silly strawmen. I answered in the other thread.

In case it's too much trouble to find it yourself;

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171400&page=3

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
benji232 said:
Mummelmann said:
This can't be, someone told me in another thread that NSMBU doesn't sell consoles! You have to remove that image right away!

Like Seece said though; how much stock is there? The Wii U is still being retailed from the initial shipment from about a year ago, I doubt Nintendo sent them a huge amount since so few retailers have faith in the ability for this machine to move from shelves.

Ah, you are one funny guy. Very funny. Taking something I said in response to you stating that the wiiU tanked even with nsmbu and putting it completly out of context. I could come up and say something similar to you: This can't be, someone told me in another thread that wiiU would sell 12million units lifetime! 

Anyways, I definetly said that nsmbu as a stand alone game is not a system seller which still stands true today. A 2D platformer will never move tons of consoles. As I said in that other thread, 3D mario games move systems, nsmbu will sell proportionally to what the wiiU will sell. Now, nsmbu is in a bundle with the addition of nslu and people are also aware that a new 3D mario game is coming in a matter of 2weeks. Just keep that all in mind, and then see if your post was even revelant. 

Also, while im at it, can you answer my question that I had asked you in that other thread, why do you think wiiU will only sell 12million units lifetime? 

Except, I never said that. You said that I did. Go back and read it and stop contructing these silly strawmen. I answered in the other thread.

Except that it would have been helpful to actually respond to my post. I don't necesserely check every single threads that I quote someone to see if they responded me, I simply check if that little square beside the thread name is blue :).

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Mummelmann said:
benji232 said:
Mummelmann said:

And the irony is that you quoted me on something that I never said aswell. I stated that nsmb as a series is not and has never been a system mover which is a fact seeing how nsmbu didn't help the wiiU at all. This bundle as I said sold well because it's got a lot of value (1 full game+1 dlc that is almost the equivalent of a full game) and it also sold well due to anticipation of the 3D mario most likely.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Up to 38k in Japan!?
Holy cow, you go Wii U!

Dannyson97 said:
Well the bundle manage'd to sell 36000 in Japan, pretty good considering Japan is focused on handhelds, and the fact the last Wii U sales was 2600, imagine how the bundle will do in in the U.S and Europe.

I think that Japan bundle, besides NSMB, had also Wii Party U bundled with a Wii remote, so it was arguably a better value proposition.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Hate Love to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

Still, we shall find out soon enough!

Fixed for accuracy

He he he...

impertinence said:
Seece said:
Hate Love to put a downer on this but it depends on how much stock there was in the first place whether this is a good long term sign or not. Retailers won't have ordered in loads for obvious reasons, they got burnt once.

Still, we shall find out soon enough!

Fixed for accuracy

No, I love correcting overly optimistic Nintendo fans, I don't enjoy low WiiU sales no matter what you think :P

Still though, somebody needs to point it out because you guys certainly aren't.

All 9?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Lawlight said:
He he he...

Not even trying anymore eh? : /

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)