By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells 38k+ In Japan: Bundles Work Afterall! Your Thoughts?

The boost was bigger than I expected. I would expect about 15-18k for next week tho.

Still, with a vastly superior game lineup for the holidays compared to the competition it should do well for the rest of the year. And then we get DK and MK early next year setting up a great 2014 as well (but I hope soon we learn more about FExSMT, Bayonneta and X)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
The boost was bigger than I expected. I would expect about 15-18k for next week tho.

Still, with a vastly superior game lineup for the holidays compared to the competition it should do well for the rest of the year. And then we get DK and MK early next year setting up a great 2014 as well (but I hope soon we learn more about FExSMT, Bayonneta and X)

Also I can't wait for more 2014 game announcements. There are for sure still surprises left. 2014 will be so amazing for Wii U when it comes to 1st party.

Zelda bundle has no effect on sales and is outsold by a game named ''My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.'' .

Wii party U boost sales by almost 20x.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:

Zelda bundle has no effect on sales and is outsold by a game named ''My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute.'' .

Wii party U boost sales by almost 20x.

Zelda Bundle never launched in Japan, dude.

That's a nice increase. The cynical side in me predicted at most 20k units. Glad to see that the Wii U did twice as much as that this week. Now we need to see if the Wii U can maintain numbers like that for a while.

Around the Network

Hey the Mario & Luigi bundle seems to be unavailable on the Gamestop website...Does that mean it sold out? I know this thread is about Japan, but I was just seeing if the bundles were making a difference elsewhere.

Locknuts said:

Hey the Mario & Luigi bundle seems to be unavailable on the Gamestop website...Does that mean it sold out? I know this thread is about Japan, but I was just seeing if the bundles were making a difference elsewhere.

WiiU in general seem to be sold out everywhere. I checked the largest games retailer in Norway, and they too are old out of them WiiU's and expect new shipments on nov. 13th.

Very nice! Wii U should do great numbers between now and the end of the year with 3D World arriving soon and the traditional Nintendo holiday boost.

Incubi said:
Locknuts said:

WiiU in general seem to be sold out everywhere. I checked the largest games retailer in Norway, and they too are old out of them WiiU's and expect new shipments on nov. 13th.

I honestly didn't see that coming. This is good news.

tbone51 said:

All HW numbers⇒ http://m.neogaf.com/view.php

Link not working for me.  

But since everyone seems to believe in the sales number... that's an impressive sale spike!