By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Sells 38k+ In Japan: Bundles Work Afterall! Your Thoughts?

Great to see, now its up to Nintendo now......market or announce something. Update anything Nintensdo, Mr. Iwata!!!

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Big jump, not amazing, but looks like Japan really likes to party. Hope it remains >20K until SM3DW

forethought14 said:
Big jump, not amazing, but looks like Japan really likes to party. Hope it remains >20K until SM3DW

Jumping from dead to 38k is pretty amazing imo

Pretty nice. Definitely higher than I expected.

Now to see how many of these new Wii U owners are interested in other software.

Around the Network

Good bump, if they can maintain that through the holiday season it will have done well for Nintendo, relative to recently and expectations.

It will probably fall to 20-25k next week though. The jump is pretty huge and i dont think many people saw it comming

Nintendo is having a good marketing campaign no Japan for almost all their games. When you have people buying the console above all of them (except of course the bested 3DS) you got to give credit to everything, and that is demonstrated when people waited for the bundles to be released. Meaning they knew bundles were coming, thanks to advertising. Super Mario 3D World ad for sure are out on Japan, I can't wait i can't. I was doubting the Wii U I was. That comeback, that comeback ala 3DS is cooking and smell good.

Big expected bump for now, but don't expect it to hold.

No price cut, just a bundle? Really surprising especially considering the game itself didn't much more copies. Maybe the wii brand is strong is stronger then most anticipate, i.e this and wii sports online could be bigger then the likes of windwaker HD.

Time will tell..