By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 - What Happened?

Tagged games:

I had high hopes for it and even though I can't put my finger on just what is off, it's something. Didn't help that I was horrible at it. Halo 3 is still numero uno for me followed by Reach. Here's to hoping that 5 is better, or at least Titanfall :)

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

half halo 4 fanbase like cod better this says

It doesn't have the word of mouth that Halo 3 had. It also doesn't have the same appeal that 3 had. I don't know anyone that still plays Halo 4 regularly, but with Halo 3 I and a lot of my friends played it regularly for years.

I thought Halo 4 was an amazing game from a story and graphical standpoint. The multiplayer was fun as is all Halo Multiplayer and to this day It's not a problem to find a game wthin a matter of seconds.

I've been too busy playing Halo 4 to look at graphs.

Around the Network

The two biggest reasons why Halo 4 is essentially a flop from a MP standpoint is for two main reasons. The first is that CoD is far more popular and the second reason is that their is no support for ranked matches. Halo 3 did the whole ranked/non-ranked matches perfectly and Halo Reach whilst not being very good still had ranked matches which helped it out. By taking out the competitiveness they took out what I believe is the soul of Halo MP.

I think that Halo 4 MP is fun but like toadslayer said, it just felt like something was off or missing (besides the lack of ranked playlists that is) and I have no problem admitting that I've had far more fun with Black Ops 2 then I had with Halo 4 MP, which is a first for me.

Basically I've kind of given up on the MP aspect of Halo. Now I'm only going to get it for the excellent single player. If the next Halo's MP turns out to be really good, great; but I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen.

How sad it is to see how far the mighty have fallen.

Will get a boost soon since its included in this years 360 holiday bundle.

Well that's a shame. I didn't play Halo 4 so I can't comment on the quality. I'm guessing that the game just didn't have the staying power of 3 and Reach.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Bad MP... just that... trying to be more CoD and less Halo.

Talal said:

It doesn't have the word of mouth that Halo 3 had. It also doesn't have the same appeal that 3 had. I don't know anyone that still plays Halo 4 regularly, but with Halo 3 I and a lot of my friends played it regularly for years.

Some GAFers said the Halo 3 MP today have more activity than Halo 4 MP... I don't know if true.