By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii Sports Club Official Thread - First Impressions

This is your thread for all things Sports Club related. Are you hyped? I know I am. Just still not willing to pay the 700+ dollars the U costs here in Brazil, but it would be a day one buy (tennis, at least) for me were the console cheaper. Feel free to post your thoughts.

Update 1 - First reviews:

Tennis:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/35883

Bowling:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/35884

Great UK Add:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aqiSZ3fyP6s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Update 2 - Impressions:

Nintendo has done a fine job by adding motion plus controls. When the commands land, it works fine. I have only payed Tennis, since it is the only one I intend to buy.

But the connection issues are there and it is hard to get one working well. The worst part is: once you lose your connection to the server, the game has to be restarted in order to stablish it again. I sucks.

Around the Network

Well. A Wii Sports Club icon will magically appear on my WiiU, so i'd guess i have little choice but to buy it? :p

I will for sure, only interested in Tennis and Bowling though.
But if they add swordplay, archery and table tennis later, that would be instant buy too :)

Pillow said:
But if they add swordplay, archery and table tennis later, that would be instant buy too :)

I wish they had started with table tennis. It is the best Resort Game.

I'll get tennis and maybe bowling but I'm hoping that some of the Resort games make it in as well.

Around the Network

I'll be getting it, if only for Tennis & Bowling. The improved controls and online matchmaking seem worth it.

-removed- 

-not worth reading-

farlaff said:
Pillow said:

I wish they had started with table tennis. It is the best Resort Game.

Quoted for truth.

@OP: I'm still kind of on the fence about this. Part of me wants to wait for a full retail release with all five events.

Can someome take 5 minutes of their time to explain this? Ive been off, and im planning to get a Wii U this month

Maynard_Tool said:
Can someome take 5 minutes of their time to explain this? Ive been off, and im planning to get a Wii U this month

It's basically a remaster of the original Wii Sports minigames, but as separate digital releases on the Wii U eShop.

The controls have been tweaked & improved, and they also added online matchmaking so you can play with people worldwide.