By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Current gen Vs Next Gen Battle filed comparison.

foodfather said:
Textures look so much better on the Xbox One.

Keep grasping at them straws..not one review, analysis says so for a reason....One still compressed gif you cherry pick,, why am I not surprised. The os4 is the clear winnier, Videogamer, Digital foundry, insert website here.

Around the Network
foodfather said:

Personally I wouldn´t agree. The graphical difference between the next-gen versions is minimal and barely visible at all and I bet most people here wouldn´t spot which version they were looking at if it didn´t say on the images. I ran the IGN stream on my 42" TV at 1080p and the only difference I see between all four versions is that the X1 version has a sharper image overall while the other ones have a softer tone, but what you prefer is a matter of personal taste. There is a definite leap from current to next-gen though where the current gens are a bit blurry at times and where they have removed smoke from some explosions..

iamdeath said:
foodfather said:

Keep grasping at them straws..not one review, analysis says so for a reason....One still compressed gif you cherry pick,, why am I not surprised. The os4 is the clear winnier, Videogamer, Digital foundry, insert website here.

Thats because everyone is up in arms about resulotion, something that does not matter at all. In every pic I have seen, the XB1 version has by far the better textures. No amount of compression or whatever excuses the kids are using these days can hide that. 

brendude13 said:
foodfather said:

This is the 2nd time I've seen someone try to use a horribly compressed GIF in a graphical comparison.

Since when does compression effect textures?

foodfather said:
iamdeath said:
foodfather said:

Thats because everyone is up in arms about resulotion, something that does not matter at all. In every pic I have seen, the XB1 version has by far the better textures. No amount of compression or whatever excuses the kids are using these days can hide that. 

LMAo yes it's all a conspiracy..There are numerous pics that show ps4 also has sharper textures, IGN has several;, yet you cherry pick the one that suits your argument.

Oh and resolution doesn't matter??? It's one of the KEY elements in a games graphical presentation, there is a reason the industry is aiming fopr 1080p.

No amount of spin can hide thew fact the PS4 is the CLEAR winner from every site that has played both.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
brendude13 said:
foodfather said:

This is the 2nd time I've seen someone try to use a horribly compressed GIF in a graphical comparison.

Is this a serious question?? Compression degrades detail......and any one pic in the right conditions can show one looking better then the other. What about all the other pics you are conveniently ignoring that show the PS4 clearly looking better?? Why has everyone who has played it not said the X1 has better textures or looks better?? You are in massive denial.

Digital foundry's analysis go into every detail including textures................

The x1 doesn't even have Ambient occlusion, which accounts for them lighting difference, thats all you are seeing..................Yet it still runs at a lower Frame rate. The x1 also has a  lot of jaggies.

Digital foundry admitted to messing up the ps4 capture, making it seem blurry, when it is in fact no. Jack frags comparison the difference is easiy seen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-face-off-qa

Explanation here. No evidence supporting you, tonnes supporting PS4 being significantly better...that burden of proof.

not impressed by the graphical leap from ps3 to ps4 or 360 to XB1.
They should have either delayed ps360 or delayed xb1/ps4 versions for more development time.

iamdeath said:
foodfather said:
brendude13 said:
foodfather said:

Is this a serious question?? Compression degrades detail......and any one pic in the right conditions can show one looking better then the other. What about all the other pics you are conveniently ignoring that show the PS4 clearly looking better?? Why has everyone who has played it not said the X1 has better textures or looks better?? You are in massive denial.

Digital foundry's analysis go into every detail including textures................

The x1 doesn't even have Ambient occlusion, which accounts for them lighting difference, thats all you are seeing..................Yet it still runs at a lower Frame rate. The x1 also has a  lot of jaggies.

Digital foundry admitted to messing up the ps4 capture, making it seem blurry, when it is in fact no. Jack frags comparison the difference is easiy seen.

Explanation here. No evidence supporting you, tonnes supporting PS4 being significantly better...that burden of proof.

lol jackfrags the same idiot that says BF4 MP on PS4 looks better than SP on Xbox one. He is a troll, writing crap like that just for hits. 

How convient that when people start noticing the Xb1 verson having better textures, DF come out with that crap. Not believing it for one second. The mojority of screen I have seen show the XB1 version having by far the better textures. There are no screenshots which show PS4 texture superiority. 

Ending a commend with explanation here doesn't mean its an explanation...

http://i.imgur.com/2rp7z2u.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibn2GRxUn2eTW5.gif

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/681/4532/original.jpg

foodfather said:
iamdeath said:
foodfather said:
brendude13 said:
foodfather said:

lol jackfrags the same idiot that says BF4 MP on PS4 looks better than SP on Xbox one. He is a troll, writing crap like that just for hits. 

How convient that when people start noticing the Xb1 verson having better textures, DF come out with that crap. Not believing it for one second. The mojority of screen I have seen show the XB1 version having by far the better textures. There are no screenshots which show PS4 texture superiority. 

Ending a commend with explanation here doesn't mean its an explanation...

http://i.imgur.com/2rp7z2u.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibn2GRxUn2eTW5.gif

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/681/4532/original.jpg

A troll?? He is the official DICE you tube uploader...

DF's pics looked different then everyones else, again, your entire arguemnt is there is a consipracy and everyone is lying...Says it all. Preople never said x1 had better textures, people niticed the colouting was off in the ps4 pics...they released an explanation. They are lying now?? LOL. PS4 version is sharpert, more detailed, and has no jaggies, and has higher fps.

I repeat, every site, analysis says the PS4 is clearly ahead of the x1's visuals. What evidence do you have?? IT's A conspiracy.

Both versions are using the same textures...the x1 cannot run the same assets as well as ps4 can thus 720P and no Ambient occlusion.

The ps4 is significantly more powerfull, thus every site saying it runs and looks better, these are facts.

You are cherry picking STILLS with different ligiting in a desperate attempt to prove what everyone is saying is wrong. In motion there is a significant difference between the two, the x1 finishes last. I can cherry pick a pic that makes ps2 games look as good or better then PS3......doesn;t make it so.

foodfather said:
brendude13 said:
foodfather said:

Since the image is so compressed that you can't even see texture detail. What you are seeing isn't better textures, its greater contrast between compression artefacts.

After Eurogamer have published a shit tonne of high quality screenshots, using an image like this is just grasping at straws.