By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft might get away with weak hardware and still sell well because of other stuff and that makes me sad...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its the same thing as the Kinect, just less powerful yet more capable and intuitive than the Kinect in gaming. This is the very reason Sony turned down the Kinect tech. Sony could use it control media but they just wont (hopefully they surprise us but again they are leaving the choice up to you to buy it). They just want to focus on controlling games properly, yet their problem with game development outside of the main console persists.

Well, if itś (in your words) less powerful yet more capable and intuitive it is not really the same kind of product now, is it? When people try Kinect at my place they become kids again and enjoy games in a more playful manner. Controlling games without anything at all just impresses alot of people very much which is why Kinect has been such a huge success and is now a part of X1 just as the controller. MS and Sony has made their individual descisions regarding inclusion of motion technology, I prefer MS´s decision and you think Sony´s is better. it is, once again, a matter of personal taste.

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
Puppyroach said:

What are you talking about? Are you just irritated about things all the time? Read my statement again, I clearly say that it is a given that people who owned a SNES obviously enjoyed it more than the Genesis, just like ut Genesis owners enjoyed our console. It is like you are working really hard just to find things to missunderstand. Calm down and we might get back on topic.

Irritated? You seem to be not mne...Again, hoe do you know people with a sega genesis enjoyed their console more then people who owned a NES???? I am waiting. That is an incredibly foolish and outlandish statement that has zero merit.

I will stop writing to you now since you obviously have trouble reading my text properly. I never said what you say I did, read my statement again and hopefully you will understand.

Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its the same thing as the Kinect, just less powerful yet more capable and intuitive than the Kinect in gaming. This is the very reason Sony turned down the Kinect tech. Sony could use it control media but they just wont (hopefully they surprise us but again they are leaving the choice up to you to buy it). They just want to focus on controlling games properly, yet their problem with game development outside of the main console persists.

Well, if itś (in your words) less powerful yet more capable and intuitive it is not really the same kind of product now, is it? When people try Kinect at my place they become kids again and enjoy games in a more playful manner. Controlling games without anything at all just impresses alot of people very much which is why Kinect has been such a huge success and is now a part of X1 just as the controller. MS and Sony has made their individual descisions regarding inclusion of motion technology, I prefer MS´s decision and you think Sony´s is better. it is, once again, a matter of personal taste.

Yes it is the same product. Sony was doing what the Kinect did before it came out, their priorities and strengths lie elsewhere. MS wants to make the camera as powerful as possible and Sony realized a decade ago that gets you nowhere. 

S.T.A.G.E and iamdeath: I will not respond to any more of your post directed at me. You both seem to enter any argument where someone writes something positive about X1, and just try to downplay everything. You have such a negative view on gaming, where it should be a joyful and positive experience. I hope you have fun with your respective gaming consoles though.

OT: I think MS will succed quite well with X1 (but not 360 levels), but i think the industry as a whole might have a few rough years ahead.

Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E and iamdeath: I will not respond to any more of your post directed at me. You both seem to enter any argument where someone writes something positive about X1, and just try to downplay everything. You have such a negative view on gaming, where it should be a joyful and positive experience. I hope you have fun with your respective gaming consoles though.

OT: I think MS will succed quite well with X1 (but not 360 levels), but i think the industry as a whole might have a few rough years ahead.

Pot and kettle come to mind here.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Videokameras said:
usuallly Microsoft fans say dont buy a wii u, buy an xbox its all about power.

When xbox is perceived as less powerful then ps4 they say power isnt everything

Remember the first gen the Xbox came out? It was all about the power.

Lol.... that was two gens ago (ps360 is over). Do you remember when Sony was claiming "Toy Story 2 like graphics? That was with the ps2, they might finally acheive it with the PS4. The difference between MS and sony back then, MS delivered.

Gamecube said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Videokameras said:

Lol.... that was two gens ago (ps360 is over). Do you remember when Sony was claiming "Toy Story 2 like graphics? That was with the ps2, they might finally acheive it with the PS4. The difference between MS and sony back then, MS delivered.

No argument there. I am not going to defend Sony if they said something stupid.

Gamecube said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Videokameras said:

??? Ps2 came out 2 years before xbox, no one argued it wasn;t more powerfull, when sony said that it was befoire xbox existed... MS delivered to the tune of being outsold 10:1.

The toy story 2 graphics  was outlandish PR, but MS has had a tonne of that this year... Lets not pretend MS pr has been even remotely good lol.

Puppyroach said:

I was just saying its the same essential product, but Sony found the answer to what they both venture out to achieve. MS is dead set on proving the Kinect can play games when it cannot, hence why Ryse is now fully controlled by the controller. Essentially speaking, no dice for real games to be played by the Kinect next gen. "Kinect for the core" failed, but Kinect did not. Theres a difference.

iamdeath said:
Gamecube said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Videokameras said:

??? Ps2 came out 2 years before xbox, no one argued it wasn;t more powerfull, when sony said that it was befoire xbox existed... MS delivered to the tune of being outsold 10:1.

The toy story 2 graphics  was outlandish PR, but MS has had a tonne of that this year... Lets not pretend MS pr has been even remotely good lol.

MS deleivered on what they claimed was my point. Sony has always over promised and under delivered.